Thread: spring turkey season in New York

spring turkey season in New York

Does anyone know good public land is NY southern zone to hunt turkey's? There is no spring turkey season on long island I am not sure where to go. Any help would be appreciated.

Ttt
    Pantera 70# 28"

I would recommend a little town of North Pharsalia NY, it is off of route 81 about 26 miles north of WHitney point NY. If you check out it will show that within the area of the town they have over 15,000 acreas of state land made up of hardwood and old fields and lots of red pine. I lived in the town for over 20 years off of One EYe road. ( No kidding that was the name ). If you plan on staying they have in Norwich several motels.ecommend prior to the season coming up into the area and doing a walk around to see the area. Lots of birds in the woods and fields. I also would come into the area from One eye road. You can drive out into the 7500 A's of that piece and see lots of old apple trees and several tracks that meet with farm areas so you have the best chance to get a bird. No a lot of poster also in the area and if you stop a lot of thee farms will allow you to hunt.

good luck
    SOB (Sweet Old Bill) Bill Olmesdahl
    Sand Dune archery club MB SC,
    Gibertville rod and Gun NY,
    Seniors archery 3D/ hunt Oneonta NY

Thanks, I really appreciate the info.