a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesus vs. Scientists: Who's Better at Miracles?

Quote Originally Posted by IChim2 View Post
    What time did you say the BBQ-beer party is.
    Maybe tomorrow.

Sent via my 1918 Bell hand crank phone

Quote Originally Posted by cobowhntr View Post
    prove it.

I know of a couple of people that walked on the moon that would dispute your claim.
    They used rockets. Just sayin'.
    "'Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise': thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents."

Quote Originally Posted by rattus58 View Post
    You know what I'm arguing right? I'm not arguing against change, I'm arguing that change has a design enhancement.. which in that article is sorta alluded to as the genome being somewhat "plastic" I think he sayed... I'm not exactly sure what he meant by that, but I don't believe that the changes made were made without a pathway that provided for such change. One thing not mentioned, or if it was, I didn't or mis-understood, is change that is beyond subtlties.... like wings. I understand and agree with his/their discussion about rapidity of change.. though I'm not sure about some stuff... 6000 darwins... one of him was enough...
    I don't see the whole bird wing thing being hard to imagine. We already know for a fact there were lots of small feathered dinos. That's indisputable. Now we even know of at least one species that reached at least a ton and a half, too. Maybe T-Rex was, too? So feathers weren't abnormal even loooooong before flight. Heck, all it would take is for a few to start gliding to be more apt to survive under most circumstances. That's evidenced by the prevalence of flight amongst insects and even non-feathered dinos, leading me to believe that flight is almost universally a survival feature helping nearly any organism survive. Since there were tens of millions of years between feathered, terrestrial theropods and smaller dinos and the earliest birds in their modern form appearing in the fossil record.....isn't it just sensible that wings probably SHOULD develop, even through nothing more than survivability? We've even used our highly evolved brains to build planes and things to take flight. Flight is the norm and improves survivability in nearly all cases apparently.

Same old arguments. Won't accept any scientific evidence, but readily accepts myths of people walking out of their graves and ascending into the clouds to a place above the clouds that isn't actually even there. Asking to prove negatives, blah blah. Can't understand evolution, but swears there is a design element to it all, despite the complete lack of evidence to support it. Lemme know when you guys have something, I've got Mars and cancer cures to read about.
    "'Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise': thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents."

Quote Originally Posted by Buster of Xs View Post
    I don't see the whole bird wing thing being hard to imagine. We already know for a fact there were lots of small feathered dinos. That's indisputable. Now we even know of at least one species that reached at least a ton and a half, too. Maybe T-Rex was, too? So feathers weren't abnormal even loooooong before flight. Heck, all it would take is for a few to start gliding to be more apt to survive under most circumstances. That's evidenced by the prevalence of flight amongst insects and even non-feathered dinos, leading me to believe that flight is almost universally a survival feature helping nearly any organism survive. Since there were tens of millions of years between feathered, terrestrial theropods and smaller dinos and the earliest birds in their modern form appearing in the fossil record.....isn't it just sensible that wings probably SHOULD develop, even through nothing more than survivability? We've even used our highly evolved brains to build planes and things to take flight. Flight is the norm and improves survivability in nearly all cases apparently.
    Have you seen any transitory insects, animals, birds etc? And feathered dinosaurs... downy maybe... what do you suppose got them started towards flight?

Have you seen any transitory insects, animals, birds etc? And feathered dinosaurs... downy maybe... what do you suppose got them started towards flight?
    Read that paragraph again. Slowly. No why is needed, nothing needed to "get them started". Heck, even accidentally falling 10' and not getting hurt would be beneficial enough to live a long life and breed. And the traits would be passed since the apple never falls far from the tree. There doesn't need to be any driving force besides survival. And tell me flight wouldn't make a great survival tool, even for us.

And just how rare to do you think fossilization is anyway? How old would a transitional insect be? BILLIONS of years old? Would you even really expect several pristine fossils like those? I wouldn't ever expect to see any, but there probably are some.

Read that paragraph again. Slowly. No why is needed, nothing needed to "get them started". Heck, even accidentally falling 10' and not getting hurt would be beneficial enough to live a long life and breed. And the traits would be passed since the apple never falls far from the tree. There doesn't need to be any driving force besides survival. And tell me flight wouldn't make a great survival tool, even for us.
    this is where you and I will have disagreement. If you believe in evolution, you have to ask yourself, how do teeth get shaped to do certain jobs if you're an herbivore, omnivore, or carnivore. You have to ask why, how, what enabled them to do the things they do. If you're not questioning that, you're not being inquisitive.

Even a creationist should enjoy this video. It's an entertaining story.

yeah... well I've a set of created devils that ate my headsets in a moment of lapse on my part... by leaving them an Attachment 1334985 chewtoy....

65 Million hahahahha
    if a woman starts hitting me and won't stop , she's gonna get her lips tapped.

this is where you and I will have disagreement. If you believe in evolution, you have to ask yourself, how do teeth get shaped to do certain jobs if you're an herbivore, omnivore, or carnivore. You have to ask why, how, what enabled them to do the things they do. If you're not questioning that, you're not being inquisitive.
    Because there's nothing down that hole. It's already been explored and it's empty. Now all we need to do is continue filling in the fossil record. Do you realize how many we have now, even though fossilization itself is extremely rare? And how many are of what anyone would consider transitional forms? Do you think for a second there's even been a million years of stable conditions for life on this planet? Things change and survivability and genetics are how. No why is needed, other than life works on a system that makes it proliferate. Evolution has no goal, no actual evolutionary ladder. Just a super long continuous chain of life.

Do you also believe there's no life elsewhere in this cosmos?

Quote Originally Posted by sticshooter View Post
    65 Million hahahahha
    6000-10000 hahahahha

You do realize the evidence suggests much, much longer, right? Heck, there are buildings older than that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    That's a goofy example because nobody believes those entities existed.
    But if you keep telling them over and over for thousands of years as if they did exist you would think that would change dont you. Ie- the bible

6000-10000 hahahahha

You do realize the evidence suggests much, much longer, right? Heck, there are buildings older than that.

Does your version have any words in it? All I got was low fidelity music and a fat dude pointing at stuff and waving his arms around.

There are tons of videos and plenty of text references on the web about Gobekli Tepe. This alone makes mankind's history much, much longer and blows the theory that we were only hunter/gatherers at that time out of the water. They were farming at 12000' above sea level even. A truly amazing find, expecially since it was buried and not by normal geological means.

Because there's nothing down that hole. It's already been explored and it's empty. Now all we need to do is continue filling in the fossil record. Do you realize how many we have now, even though fossilization itself is extremely rare? And how many are of what anyone would consider transitional forms? Do you think for a second there's even been a million years of stable conditions for life on this planet? Things change and survivability and genetics are how. No why is needed, other than life works on a system that makes it proliferate. Evolution has no goal, no actual evolutionary ladder. Just a super long continuous chain of life.

Do you also believe there's no life elsewhere in this cosmos?
    Is there life elsewhere in the cosmos?

I don't know. But can't think of a single good reason there shouldn't be either. Recently we've discovered quite a few earthlike planets and tons that would be inhospitable. Look up Gliese 581c. That looks to be a pretty good candidate.

I believe theres other life forms out there..some where.

faith comes by hearing ,

I don't know. But can't think of a single good reason there shouldn't be either. Recently we've discovered quite a few earthlike planets and tons that would be inhospitable. Look up Gliese 581c. That looks to be a pretty good candidate.
    True... but we've not gotten life here under control yet...

Quote Originally Posted by IChim2 View Post
    I believe theres other life forms out there..some where.
    I wasted many a night away on just such inspection....

There are tons of videos and plenty of text references on the web about Gobekli Tepe. This alone makes mankind's history much, much longer and blows the theory that we were only hunter/gatherers at that time out of the water. They were farming at 12000' above sea level even. A truly amazing find, expecially since it was buried and not by normal geological means.
    Assuming of course that the dating processes are within an eon of being accurate....

Watch this and tell me if you can imagine life elsewhere.

I wasted many a night away on just such inspection....
    Evolution happened here..could happen some where else

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast