Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wicked Ridge Raider CLS

Wicked Ridge Raider CLS

Going to "hunt the ridge" some this year guys. Look what the Easter bunny dropped off today. I put about 100 shots through it today. It was dead on right out of the box. The only adjustment I made was for eye relief. I tried several arrow combinations out of it. The jury's still out on that one. Overall it's a great little shooter. Lightweight, real nice trigger and it just lays them in there at 40 yards. Can't wait to try and anchor a gobbler with it in a couple of weeks.

DSC07813 (Small).JPG

DSC07815 (Small).jpg
    Crossbow Magazine: "The Crossbow Magazine Devoted To The Serious Crossbow Hunter"

Sweet ! The gobblers are in trouble on the RIDGE ! Good Luck TBrom.
    TenPoint Phantom, Black Eagle Executioners
    NAP 100gn. Nitron Broadheads
    Burris, Leupold Optics, XB30
    Black Widow Deer Lures Pro Staff
    NRA Life Member, Molon Labe, Bravo Zulu Team VI

Nice looking bow! How loud did it sound compared to others you have shot? Not that the turkeys will really care!
    Michigan Meat Hunter "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
    Scorpyd Vent -150, Excal Matrix 330
    Michigan Crossbow Federation Member, AND PROUD OF IT!!

Good Luck ... with it.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE,
    Zeiss 3-12x50mmDuralyt, CamX Accuspine arrows, 100gr RamCats or Spitfire Maxx & Firenocks
    Swarovski, Leica rangefinder, Surefire & Fenix lights.
    Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor.
    NRA Life Member 1971 Join up and fight to regain your rights!

Congrats! Good lookin' set-up. Best of luck from me as well!!
    Diamond Iceman
    Tenpoint Turbo XLT II
    Treadway Black Swamp

Awesome looking bow. I'm probably going to order a Warrior HL soon.

The Easter Bunny wasn't that good to me. Let us know how it compares to other TenPoint models.

Sweet, doesn't this bow get away from the "affordable" xbow concept? I mean the line gets more grey between WR and TP that it is going to get confusing to the customer. Unless the price of TenPoint models are going to steeply rise it is just going to make the gap (or lack of) between these two harder to justify
    G-Fade Quest Primal LH 72# @ 29.25"
    Proline Strings
    GT Velocity XT's 372gr
    Speed = 307 fps
    Grim Reapers....Watch em drop!

The Raider is a fine crossbow. Very few at that price compare to it. Good luck this season TBrom.

Okay you can get a Titan HLX with accudraw (not the 50) for $800. Slightly slower and a bit wider. Lifetime warranty vs. 5 years which one do you choose? I feel ALL Tenpoint products are state of the art but this competing against itself stuff is really hard on the retail customer and the sales associates.
    Proline Strings
    GT Velocity XT's 372gr
    Speed = 307 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Country View Post
    Nice looking bow! How loud did it sound compared to others you have shot? Not that the turkeys will really care!
    Spike, I've been doing quite a bit of shooting with the Wicked Ridge and two other TenPoint's in my indoor range. I honestly can't tell the difference between any of them.
    Crossbow Magazine: "The Crossbow Magazine Devoted To The Serious Crossbow Hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by 454casull View Post
    Sweet, doesn't this bow get away from the "affordable" xbow concept? I mean the line gets more grey between WR and TP that it is going to get confusing to the customer. Unless the price of TenPoint models are going to steeply rise it is just going to make the gap (or lack of) between these two harder to justify
    The Wicked Ridge line even with the $800.00 Raider is still only half the price of the 2012 TenPoint Carbon Elite XLT. Everything in both packages from the optics to the slings are top quality. The only thing extra you would need to purchase would be broadheads and you're ready to go hunting with either bow. Therefore (I believe) the Wicked Ridge Line still does have the "affordable" crossbow concept if you're comparing apples to apples. JMO

"Lifetime warranty vs. 5 years which one do you choose?"

FYI.....ten point limbs are warranted for five years against defects in workmanship.

I did not realize Tenpoints only have a 5 year limited warranty on their limbs and wicked ridge only have a five year total limited warranty. I keep hearing about the excellent customer service they have I just thought for the price they would warranty their stuff for lifetime like other more affordable products do.
    Strike Zone 350, Hawke XB30, Gold Tip Lazer III, Lumenoks, NAP FOC Broadheads
    Strike Zone 350, Gold Tip Lazer III, Lumenoks, NAP FOC Broadheads

Quick question on the warranty.....Does that mean that the tenpoints cams are only warranted for five years as well as the limbs? Also what about warranty work is there shipping cost to get warranty work done? Thanks guys

Cap,
    The limbs have a five year warranty, and as you know, if you are going to have limb troubles, it usually comes in the first year or so. Stock, trigger, riser, barrel all have a lifetime warranty on it. If work needs done on the bow and it needs to come back to TenPoint, getting it here is on the end user. If it is a warranty issue, then TenPoint pays the shipping back.

Thanks for the reply Randy that is a huge spelling point for you guys alone..... is your attention to the public and bravery to chance cominghere at times...... lol so are the cams considered the limbs then?

I agree...nice to get an answer "straight from the horses mouth"

Randy....... also if the limb failures are so rare why don't they warranty them........ sorry for all the questions

I see shattered limbs all the time...just not on Ten Points or Excaliburs. LOL

Cap,
    It varies a little on when the bow was made, but for the past several years, they are covered under the limited lifetime. Usually cams/wheel issues are from hang gliding with it, shooting too close to non-movable objects, or dropping it on the cam while carrying it.
    As for the limb warranty, I don't set the policy. I can tell you we have very few limb failures and not many of those are on bows over 5 years old. Those that we do get back that are older, often have not changed their strings and cables in a looonnnng time and that can cause limb issues.

gotcha

Just to be clear: my original thought was that the price point was getting too close to the Ten Point models and maybe getting away from the entry level range. one of the most asked questions is why does this one cost more than that one. Ten Point has some of the best CS practices in ANY business that I have ever dealt with. It is refreshing for a mfg. rep to get on here and set records straight; from what I have witnessed "Crossbow's" comments are spot on.
    Proline Strings
    GT Velocity XT's 372gr
    Speed = 307 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
    Cap,
    It varies a little on when the bow was made, but for the past several years, they are covered under the limited lifetime. Usually cams/wheel issues are from hang gliding with it, shooting too close to non-movable objects, or dropping it on the cam while carrying it.
    As for the limb warranty, I don't set the policy. I can tell you we have very few limb failures and not many of those are on bows over 5 years old. Those that we do get back that are older, often have not changed their strings and cables in a looonnnng time and that can cause limb issues.
    That's a new one? splain please?
    Proline Strings
    GT Velocity XT's 372gr
    Speed = 307 fps

You know, guys climb up a tree with it and them jump off with it or throw it out of the tree without a parachute. That sort of thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast