Thread: Polyolefin Shrink Tubing wraps

Lightbulb Polyolefin Shrink Tubing wraps

Has anyone tried polyolefin shrink tubing on their arrows instead of wraps? I read in a Traditional Bowhunter magazine about using it on wood arrows and fletching on it and when you want to refletch you can just cut off and reapply and start over. Anyone tried this on Carbon/ Aluminum arrows? I think it might work pretty good. I know the stuff is pretty tuff. Thanks, Sean

Back in the day of the old pultruded small diameter carbon arrows I knew a guy who always did shrink tube on the back of his arrows and fletched to the tube. Seemed to work fine and was tuff enuf.
    Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits...the God of our salvation. Psalms 68:19 KJV Hunt 06 Darton Tempest. Beman Field 340s w' NAP QuickSpins & KillZone, F-85 TFO sight Comp 06 Darton Tempest; Victory X-Ringer, ACC 300s. TrophyTaker rest, Tox' sight. Backup 96 Darton Wrangler w' Rev' Archery cams Muzzy rest, TruGlo TFO Hunting bows Anchor Sight optical "No Peep" T.R.U.Ball Sabretooth 4 finger release.

Would you foresee any adhesion problems?

In the TradBhntr mag the guy said that any number of adhesives worked great with the tubing. He used pvc and polyolefin heat shrink. The pvc was slick and needed to be roughed up a little in order to get better adhesion. The polyolefin had a flat finish and adhered great. I am going to pick some up and try it. Will let you guys know. 22 grains for the pvc and 27 grains for the pof.

Quote Originally Posted by blandingbowman View Post
    Has anyone tried polyolefin shrink tubing on their arrows instead of wraps? I read in a Traditional Bowhunter magazine about using it on wood arrows and fletching on it and when you want to refletch you can just cut off and reapply and start over. Anyone tried this on Carbon/ Aluminum arrows? I think it might work pretty good. I know the stuff is pretty tuff. Thanks,

Sean
    was using it when carbons first came out . was called eza fletch. sold a bunch of it. Still have some. worked great. just put a little rubber cement on the shaft & then shrink the tubing down on it. fletched very good.
    Mike LePera
    Britesite.US