Archery Talk Forum banner

Best glue for inserts

31K views 66 replies 55 participants last post by  Kstigall 
#1 ·
What is the best glue for inserts on carbon arrows has anyone ever tried insert iron from bohning archery i am sure this has been beat to death but here we go again.

#64 ·
I use gorilla gel super glue, but In the past 6 weeks I've lost three inserts in targets. Superglue does not have good shear strength so after repetitive impacts, the bond can break. This poor shear strength is why using a drill bit inside the shaft acting as an "impact hammer" works to free the inserts. Regardless, I will continue to used super glue because of the convenience.

#65 ·
Loctite ultra control gel for me, buti recently started using another glue for basically everything else except archery gear........if anybody cares to pipe in if they have tried this before...........e6000 glue.........extremely strong, extremely flexible,.......haven't tried it yet, but I have some old arrows that I might just glue up to test

#66 ·
For inserts for screw in points I use the insert iron. It takes a little bit of time to dry and cure. I use put inserts in and let them dry over night. Once set I have never had one come lose or move. It's a great glue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.