a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Top-down shot-cycle video?

Top-down shot-cycle video?

Does anyone know of any shot-cycle videos that were taken from above the archer (top down) and are available online? I've found the usual walk-around videos of top archers, but haven't seen any from the top. I'm looking to get some reference for set / setup / draw arm positions and rotations of shoulders.

I did find this:

Granted it's a study of an archer who's having release issues, but it seems to be the only one available.

I wish Inside the Archer came with a companion CD of the videos they used to grab the images.

Video's don't tell you anything if you don't know perfectly the (supposed) shooting sequence of the archers in it.
    This video might be from a +1300 shooter or from a -1100 one, you can't know if you don't know him ...
    For sure, a video from the top like this one can't say anything to even a very skilled coach without the addition of a ton of other infos.
    ______________________________ _______________
    Do or don't do. Not to try. Yoda

That's a great point! Sometimes I just like to have a reference as to what greatness looks like (even though most of archery is internal).