a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Ideas for "Strap On" devices for recurves?

Ideas for "Strap On" devices for recurves?

In before the dirty jokes!

Has anyone here made their own strap on setup for a bow fishing setup? I want to use my recurve instead of my 55lb bow (lightest I have) for bow fishing but it doesn't have a stabilizer mount. Has anyone here made their own strap on mount?

Also, how about quiver ideas? I hate the thought of spending the $100+ quivers for a stick bow, and every time I get to the register to buy one, I end up putting it back. I love my recurve but I hate having to buy accessories!

Anyone out there have some ideas on how I can accomplish these? I have access to welders, leather sewing machines, and enough hand tool to stock a gas station garage! I'm just stumped on the design and applications!

Thanks,
    -Ken
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less travelled by... got a flat and had to hike back out. I'll never do that again!

Western Hunter, no food plots, no stands, no calls, nothing but spot and stalk from two mountains over.

"In before the dirty jokes!"
    I was getting ready to start too...

I have made several bow reels for my recurves over the years. I use a metal coffee can and about two rolls of electrical tape. Mark the can for the width of your bottom limb, close to the riser, cut and bend back. Wrap heavily in electrical tape. You can use other wrapping materials, but the black tape is cheap and you can get some good tension with it. After it is wrapped well, place on bottom limb and strap it to it. I tack it on with clear plastic wrap from my kitchen drawer and then go over it with electrical tape again. I will try and post a picture soon. If you find out about the quiver, keep me informed.
    60" Hoyt Dorado; 29" DL; 50 lb @ 28"; GT Traditional 5575s; 3-4" Shield Cut Feathers

"To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty." Robert Morrison, 1848 - PHI TIL I DIE!

carp bow.jpg

Best pic I have of the bow right now.
    60" Hoyt Dorado; 29" DL; 50 lb @ 28"; GT Traditional 5575s; 3-4" Shield Cut Feathers

"To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty." Robert Morrison, 1848 - PHI TIL I DIE!

Here you go, would work with either a retreiver or quiver from the looks of it. http://www.amsbowfishing.com/online-...urve-bows.html

Quote Originally Posted by Supermag1 View Post
    Here you go, would work with either a retreiver or quiver from the looks of it. http://www.amsbowfishing.com/online-...urve-bows.html
    yup that one or 3rivers has another type also. for the quivers you can get the riser inserts and drill two holes in the riser and mount your quiver that way.

5342.jpg
    5045.jpg

Thanks guys! Much appreciated!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less travelled by... got a flat and had to hike back out. I'll never do that again!

Western Hunter, no food plots, no stands, no calls, nothing but spot and stalk from two mountains over.