Archery Talk Forum banner

Low Tear with Hoyt Vector 35

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  brad471 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 Hoyt Vector 35 RKT #3 cams set at 29.5". The bow is currently set on 70 lbs. Rest is a Limb-Driver Pro-V. My arrows are 300 spine Gold Tip Kinetic's cut to 29" with a finished total weight of 454 grains. I have performed the cam sync as always, following Javi's instructions. The bow is within 1/8" of perfect according to the Hoyt Tune Charts. The bow shoots great and has a perfect left/right tear but I cannot get rid of the low-tear without having the nock-point 3/8"-1/2" high. There is absolutely zero fletching contact. I have tried weaker spined arrows (340 and 400) and got worse results than with the 300 spine (dealer suggested). I have never had this problem and not be able to solve it with just a slightly higher nock point...

IDEA'S ?????

#2 ·
i had a high tare with my turbo that i couldnt get rid of. I backed the top limb bolt out and got bullets, try to take a turn out of the bottom lib and see if it helps. If it does one of the limbs on the bottom may be stronger than the others. hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.