a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: A little worried...

A little worried...

I have a 14 year old beagle who I'm getting a little worried about. Since college and apartments after that he has stayed with my parents, and admittedly gotten pretty chunky since then(they feed him too much IMO, but won't listen to me!). Well lately there have been a few days were he hasn't finished his food, and if you know anything about beagles they usually don't have an issue eating until its gone! I've also noticed some occasional blood in his stool, but am told from my parents that is only occasional. Well this weekend we had him out running around playing some fetch and it looks like he hurt something pretty good. He started limping real bad, not putting any weight on one of his back legs. I guess its still pretty bad today(I live about 1.5 hours away), and they have an appointment at the vet tomorrow.

14 is getting up there for a beagle, especially an overweight one! I'm a little worried about what we might hear from the vet, but still hoping for good news. Been with us a long time, and even though he never learned that whole hunting thing, he's been a good dog.

I don't have too many pics of him, but heres one of him trying to get at my brothers chickens we were "chicken sitting" while he was on vaca! Tried for a long time to figure out how he could get in there

Jake.jpg
    '09 Bowtech Sniper
    27 inch draw, 65.5lbs

Hope it all goes ok. Dogs become family real quick.

Mathews Solocam Z7 Xtreme, Monster 7.0, Conquest Triumph, MR6, Creed, 2 MR5'S, Drenalin, Gold Tip, B-Stinger, Axion, Truball
    Hough's Archery-Pro Staff
    Bohning Staff Shooter
    Truball Staff Shooter