Thread: Mathews MR8

Mathews MR8

How many MR8's are you guys seeing on the 3D ranges???? I'm dying to get one because the specs say it should be a shooter!!!! But would like to hear some first hand exsperience first

See alot of monster varities on the range. All around a decent bow. Takes some getting used to depending on what you had before.

I'm seeing a couple .I had one but sold it and got another MR7 I can shoot less draw weight and get the same speed .They both shot about the same .There a great shooting bow It's just I bought mine for hunting ,I have a orange smoke MR7 for 3D .I bought a Black and camo MR7 to hunt with .
    Wild Turkey Ridge & Twin Oaks ( Both gone but not forgotten )
    TRU Ball Staff
    All black Chill X on order : )
    Camo Z 7 MAG , Black MR 8
    Smith Mountain Archery

I ordered a orange smoke MR8. Its in. But it will be a few days befor I get down to get it

Sweet shooter, I love my MR8, also I've owned many Monsters.... 6's 7's and one 8
    Goldtip Arrows -Shrewd Archery - Vortex Optics - Bohning Products-- Spot On Bowstrings--Truball

I've got an MR7 but several friends are shooting the MR8. Not much difference between the MR8 and the MR7 in my opinion. I'm primarily a hunter that also shoots 3D though so take that for what it's worth...

Thanks for the replies......the main reason i want the mr8 is because of the straight riser!!! It looks like it would hold and aim steady with little to no torque. Has anyone noticed this?

i am also thinking about getting one i have had the mr7 still like con 4 better butt i also need something to hunt with .i know when the senior pro's come off the range it seems that about 70% are carrying mr7 and mr8 i know Charles Blankenship really likes hisand Burley hall does too.

Don't get me wrong there great shooting bows and they hold well ,but so does the MR7 .I shot them side buy side a lot .They both hold about the same to me .If I would have bought it for 3D ,I would still have it .
    Wild Turkey Ridge & Twin Oaks ( Both gone but not forgotten )
    TRU Ball Staff
    All black Chill X on order : )
    Camo Z 7 MAG , Black MR 8
    Smith Mountain Archery

I have an MR7 in 70 lbs all camo that I shoot for indoor league but it is set up for hunting. I have a MR7 in 60 lbs camo and black for 3-D. I hunt with a Z7 but might sell that and just shoot the MR7 70 LB for hunting.
    Elite 35 Black 60 lbs. Orange OK Archery Absolute 38 60.lbs
    HHA Site/Tru ball Axcel 5 pin
    Black Eagle Arrows Shooting Staff
    Dead Center Archery Shooting Staff
    Tru Ball Shooting StaffOfficial Scorer for the NBBC

i dont buy hunting bows i buy 3d bows and hunt with them

Quote Originally Posted by 3dbowmaster View Post
    Thanks for the replies......the main reason i want the mr8 is because of the straight riser!!! It looks like it would hold and aim steady with little to no torque. Has anyone noticed this?
    Very little difference in the riser of the MR8 when comparing it to the MR7.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    i dont buy hunting bows i buy 3d bows and hunt with them

I thought i was the only one that looked at it like that.

I have the original red smoke Monster 7.0 (Not a MR7) and a blue smoke MR8 and they are different the angle of the limbs to the draw cycle. The MR8 is more forgiving, I guess the 8" brace height. I'm using the the 7.0 as my 3D spot bow and the MR8 for Field. Both great bows.

My Mr8 is setup for hunting but I have done 3D's with it a few times.. holds well on target and shoots really good... Fast too 65# 310fps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

i am a target nut i had the mr7 it shot really good butt i still like my con 4 just a little better i have been shooting it for five years .with the mr7 i had some smakk left and rights to me i think it was mostly the grip, if the mr8 improved just a little it would be a shooter may be i would put a pro grip on it

I've always swapped out my stock grip for a torque-less. Cool way to customize your bow and makes a HUGE difference in shooting for most people.