a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mathews?????

Mathews?????

ive shot Mathews all the way back to wben they had the Legacy and had the switchback xt and the z7x. it it just me or has Mathews just ran out of ideas and improvements or what. there pretty much all the same in preformence and not keepn up with the rest of the top bows

lol it seems like alot of bows are hitting there 'plateaus' and there just coming up with goofy little things for a selling point. the two newest things i can think of is the hoyt carbon risers and the g5 parallel cams other than that i havent seen anything that really JUMPED out at me as being new or improved.
    Hoyt carbon spyder 34
    Black eagle arrows
    Prairie archery

im switchn over to that obsession leathal here in a couple of weeks

you can't expect the bow companies to re-invent the bow every year.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyP View Post
    you can't expect the bow companies to re-invent the bow every year.
    No doubt...I don't see any other bow companies doing anything that special either. Maybe instead of looking for a better bow, people should be working on better form, a better shot, a better score, etc. It's like the sportbike I have in the garage, it's not the best one out there, but I'll never be able to ride it to the limits of it's abilities, and buying a better one won't make me a better rider any more than a better bow will make me a better shot. I have an expensive bow and a cheap bow. One is fast. One is slow. I shoot them about the same. My goal is not to find a better bow to make me a better shot, it's to shoot what I have better. I can't see any company making that much "better" bow than what's on the market now. I guess some people are just never satisfied, and you'll never get everyone to agree that any one bow is the best.
    I measure my kill in pounds, not inches
    I am a meat collector, ya'all can have the bones!

Depends------on what you consider significantly better and what someone else feels it is. Like was mentioned there can not be drastic changes every year it doesn't work that way. In fact if you take a serious look at Mathews offering this year the Heli is actually a big departure from previous years. Now if your talking speed and I do believe this is what your talking about-------speed is way over rated and the very least important aspect IMHO in finding a bow. I feel if it has some speed to it then that is a plus but by no means a deciding factor in buying a bow. Speed doesn't kill(helps) accuracy kills.
    Have a good day and a better hunt

Quote Originally Posted by catsniper67 View Post
    No doubt...I don't see any other bow companies doing anything that special either. Maybe instead of looking for a better bow, people should be working on better form, a better shot, a better score, etc. It's like the sportbike I have in the garage, it's not the best one out there, but I'll never be able to ride it to the limits of it's abilities, and buying a better one won't make me a better rider any more than a better bow will make me a better shot. I have an expensive bow and a cheap bow. One is fast. One is slow. I shoot them about the same. My goal is not to find a better bow to make me a better shot, it's to shoot what I have better. I can't see any company making that much "better" bow than what's on the market now. I guess some people are just never satisfied, and you'll never get everyone to agree that any one bow is the best.
    Couldn't of said it better, but you'll always have those that want "latest and greatest" "I need more speed".
    I'll take form over latest and greatest, speed every day. My Outback still gets it done, and if it don't...my DXT will.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

i have a great shot, form,and a high avg in my 3d shoots. what im sick of is when i hit the deer right in the sweet spot. it goes maybe half way in. or if i hit a shoulder just the head hitn bone and stopn. i was a 425g arrow and no penetration. u dont here 2 much of a speed bow with a heavy arrow not blowing thou.

Quote Originally Posted by rotty95 View Post
    i have a great shot, form,and a high avg in my 3d shoots. what im sick of is when i hit the deer right in the sweet spot. it goes maybe half way in. or if i hit a shoulder just the head hitn bone and stopn. i was a 425g arrow and no penetration. u dont here 2 much of a speed bow with a heavy arrow not blowing thou.
    The fastest rated bow I could find is the PSE Omen Pro, rated at 366fps...that should do it for ya.

My Monster is rated at up to 342fps...with my setup, I get around 286fps with a 425gr hunting arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale_B1 View Post
    Depends------on what you consider significantly better and what someone else feels it is. Like was mentioned there can not be drastic changes every year it doesn't work that way. In fact if you take a serious look at Mathews offering this year the Heli is actually a big departure from previous years. Now if your talking speed and I do believe this is what your talking about-------speed is way over rated and the very least important aspect IMHO in finding a bow. I feel if it has some speed to it then that is a plus but by no means a deciding factor in buying a bow. Speed doesn't kill(helps) accuracy kills.
    i agree with everything dale said here. i also dissagree with who ever said bows cannot make you shoot better, that is crap. there are certain qualities that certain bows have, that will ABSOLUTELY help people shoot better...some people shoot better with a little less letoff, some shoot better with a more solid back wall, some bows aim amazingly better than others, ect ect...
    there are small improvements in risor and cam design every year...and small improvements are just that, improvements. take it how you will, the bows do get slightly better every year.
    as far as mathews goes, in my opinion...they have pretty much done all they can do with a single cam bow...and i think they went too far with shaving weight on the heli~m. it is a great bow, but ide be worried about longevity and ruggedness on that bow. it shoots awesome, and is probably their best shooting bow in a while...but there are so many companies that far surpass their performance in my opinion...
    i agree totoally with dale, in the fact that speed is the LAST thing i look at when i am looking to buy a new bow. accuracy, low noise, durability,feel of the grip and shot, draw cycle, warranty and customer service, proven design, mass weight, and then speed...in that order for me. but mathews are still great bows, but i dont see them doing anything really special untill they put more emphasis on their dual or other type of double cam systems. i love matt mcpherson, and everything he stands for and does for archery, children, and charities...but i stopped shooting mathews when i shot a hoyt katera...and i probably wont own another one, untill they design a new cam system and quit making top heavy bows.

there is nothing i hate more, than not to get a good passthrough. i shot mathews for years, and never had a good hit NOT pass through. i shoot 70 pound bows though....and good, sharp, cut on contact heads, and heavier arrows(410 to 440gr)...with that being said...i get sick almost everytime i watch these hunting shows, and these guys almost never get a good passthrough....? what gives...? i do see some passthroughs, but seems like alot of these guys are not...shoot what you are comfortable shooting, but i think some of these guys jumped on the light draw weight, light arrow band wagon...and they..well, the deer are paying for it. i know they usually get the kill, but i KNOW, even if i hit shoulder...im punchin the ground on the other side...thats what 87 pounds of kinetic energy will do for ya.

It's called shot placement. Shoulder, bones are very poor shots at best. Of course there are other variables involved-----such as the broadhead used. Just because you are above average on a target that doesn't move doesn't make shooting a live moving target a chip shot. Most people I listen to their stories of how great a shot they made and they had a hard time-----actual truth is they didn't get near the perfect shot they thought they did. If you recovered the animal then you had a good hunt and did the job correctly. Just because you didn't get a pass through does not mean you had a poor shot placement. I have recovered many animals in a short distance that weren't pass throughs-------because the shot was placed where it should be.

Mathews is way behind some of the other companies.

Mathews figures they can advertise theyre way to stay near the top

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew Wrong View Post
    Do the letters STFU mean anything to you?
    I shoot bows. All kinds of bows.

My opinions are MY OPINIONS. Take them for what they are worth.

lmao

I dont understand why people have a problem with the advertising that Matthews does. It's just plain smart to advertise if you are able to. Would it be smart for someone to start selling something with the intent to make a profit but at the same time say " hey let's not tell anyone about this!" now that would just be as dumb as wiping before you poop.

as far as advertising PSE does as much as Mathews , it is the American way and the smartest way to get your message out
    everything is more fun in kentucky

Its a Business people you'd do the same thing if it were your bow company, the Benjamin s keep the train running. I think all bow companies have hit a plateau

A riser,two limbs a string, and a fist full of cheap arrows. "To find me you have to be smart, To catch me you have to be Fast, To be me you must be Kidding"

Some people are intimidated by smart business/advertising tactics and cannot see beyond that on if the product holds up to said advertising-------if the product does not hold up to what they say then it will not sell and the last I looked they hare in the top 3 bows sold today!!!!!!

What are you expecting? They've got both single cam and dual cam bows that have a range from 312fps to 360fps. They make good target bows too. What is it you want from them? If you're not a speed freak, they've got their single cam line up that draw nice. If you want speed, they've got the MR series that go as fast as anyone else's bows. Except for maybe the one PSE that shoots faster, but there's always going to be someone faster.

I was disappointed there for a few years with them, but the Z7 is a nice bow and they've capitalized off of that. The original Monster wasn't the greatest but they fixed some things and they're better now.
    Potential is interesting, performance is everything.

i know this is happened after the z7. Im looking into changing to pse or elite or bowtech
    ELITE ANSWER
    TROPHY TAKER
    STOKERIZED
    RAGE HYPODERMIC

which they do lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathew Wrong View Post
    ELITE ANSWER
    TROPHY TAKER
    STOKERIZED
    RAGE HYPODERMIC

hey goat checkout the Obsession line of bows. thats what im going to. smoothlike a Mathews fast like a Bowtech

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast