a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: advice on a couple things

Exclamation advice on a couple things

okay so im a bit frustrated. i have a carbon element thats gonna be my 3d rig for the summer and i have an 09 x force set up for bowfishing.

my problem is that i would like to be able to shoot small game heads and possible BH's without having to mess with my adjustments on my 3d sight (tommy hogg). the only solution i can come up with is to sight my back up sight (blackgold redzone) in with small game heads and BH's and everytime i would like to shoot a rabbit or anything like that to switch out the sight...but thats kind of a pain.

any suggestions... other than get a cheap bow for small game. just really frustrating...

i love bowfishing absolutely and love my pse but wish i didnt bowfish because than i'd have an extra bow to be set up and ready to go after small game without switching sights..

maybe get a cheap bow for bowfishing and switch my pse to the small game bow?

Eric
    Hoyt carbon element, carbon spyder turbo EX-OKIE KNOBS
    Prairie Archery
    Black Eagle Arrows
    Vaportrail archery - Blade X - Micro Elite - Pro V - Limbdriver Pro - VTX Strings & Cables

I have a Viper sight with a single pin scope. I have stuck a tape on one side and marked it for my 3D arrows and stuck another tape on the back and marked it for my hunting arrows. Works well.

Just my thoughts here your X Force is way over kill for bow fishing. For that I would look for a garage sale $25 to $30 dollar bow. Fish are soft body and very, very close shooting---we are talking feet here not yards.
    But then again the way I view 3D as nothing more than a primer for hunting so I set up my bow accordingly. I realize a lot of people do 3D as more of a different target shooting competition but I view it(all the 3 D shoots in this area) as a primer for hunting so why wouldn't I shoot my hunting gear.

Have a good day and a better hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Dale_B1 View Post
    Just my thoughts here your X Force is way over kill for bow fishing. For that I would look for a garage sale $25 to $30 dollar bow. Fish are soft body and very, very close shooting---we are talking feet here not yards.
    But then again the way I view 3D as nothing more than a primer for hunting so I set up my bow accordingly. I realize a lot of people do 3D as more of a different target shooting competition but I view it(all the 3 D shoots in this area) as a primer for hunting so why wouldn't I shoot my hunting gear.
    lol yes absolutely overkill WAYYYY over kill it just happened to be the only extra bow i had and i wanted to get into bowfishing and well i love it. i've been looking at one of the AMS fish hawks or possibly an older bow like you said for bowfishing and switching my PSE to a small game set up.
    Prairie Archery
    Black Eagle Arrows
    Vaportrail archery - Blade X - Micro Elite - Pro V - Limbdriver Pro - VTX Strings & Cables

spot hogg's are adjustable.. put a mark on the sight for a diff arrow and blaze away.. of just shoot them with field points, that works too
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL
    I shoot for: GT, Axcel/Truball, Viscosity strings, FV
    "put your dot in the middle and shoot your shot, they'll tell you if you won later"

When I do 3d shoots I practice with my hunting setup but use field points instead of BH. I would get a cheap bow for bowfishing and make the X Force do something other than kill fish but is all up to you!
    2013 Hoyt spyder turbo, 70lbs black out
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Easton FMJ's

2013 pse omen max stormy hardwoods 60#
    Team whack'em and stack'em, aka "dookie soiled loincloth"

Maybe I missed it but are you shooting different arrows for 3D and/or small game?
    If you are using the same arrows, you shouldn't need to resight between FP and Small Game head?
    Owner, Double Lung Archery Inc.
    LaPorte City Iowa
    Mathews - Mission- Hoyt -Elite and PSE, Infinito Safaris
    https://www.facebook.com/DoubleLungArcheryInc?ref=hl
    319-342-4550 dave@doublelungarcheryinc.com

yes different arrows.
    Prairie Archery
    Black Eagle Arrows