Thread: Oregon Pope and Young Blacktails

Oregon Pope and Young Blacktails

Im thinking about heading south for a week this year and try to get a chance at a Big Blacktail. I was wondering if anyone could give me some places to start looking at. The farthest im willing to go would be around springfield. Any sugesstions would be much appreciated.

The bigger Blacktails are further south. You might get lucky on private timber land in the area you are talking about but you will have to get far back in to get to the bigger deer.

If you own a mountain bike you may want to give that a try. Good blacktail country starts at 5 miles in. I start early 3:00 or so and just ride until I can't take it anymore and then stop and let the sun come up over some clear cuts. Good luck with the P&Y thing.

IMHO
    Current Elk Slayers:
    Mathews Z7 @ 65lbs
    Conquest C4 28.5"@60lbs.
    Mathews LX - 28.5"@69lbs.

Well it's no secret so I will tell you Wendling has some big bucks big big bucks but lots and lots of hunters also if your not familiar with Wendling it's right out of Marcola just take Wendling road out by the school. Like I said tho lots of people hunt it but it's %98 road hunters. Rifle season your taking your life in your hands. And as you probably know as a western Oregon hunter it is thick and nasty but that's what Blacktails roam in.
    13 Hoyt Carbon Element g3
    13 Hoyt Spyder Turbo

Or another good place is the coburg hills that's where Mr Haines hunts alot. But it's also loaded with hunters trick is get off the road a bit everyone seems to road hunt you don't need to get back 5 miles just get out.
    13 Hoyt Spyder Turbo

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Don't know if these showed up but here are 2 Wendling Bucks
    13 Hoyt Spyder Turbo

Dandy blackie!
    "let the fans make the noise" -jh

to me those are monster blacktail i would be exremely happy with either one of those. thats what im looking at is to get away from the roads and the people. thank you for the info if you got any more im all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by bowbe8 View Post
    to me those are monster blacktail i would be exremely happy with either one of those. thats what im looking at is to get away from the roads and the people. thank you for the info if you got any more im all ears.
    Bowbe8, check out the "blacktail deer kill thread" thread in this section.. You deff get your blacktail fix, read good info, and see some :-0 bucks!

"let the fans make the noise" -jh