Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best High Fat/Lower Calorie foods

Quote Originally Posted by bsites9 View Post
    I'd say my resting heart rate is normal. And my poop isn't dry as far as I know. haha. And the only reason I WANT salt, is just because I like it. Like some people love chocolate, or ice cream, or whatever. I like salty foods. I'm 32 years old, and I sleep horribly, as far as I'm concerned. My wife had a 2 level cervical fusion a couple years ago, and we had to get a new bed because the old one wasn't comfy for her neck. Well, the new bed to me sucks after about 2 years, and my back stays achy, and stiff all night. I toss and turn all night. My back always feels like it "out of whack".
    You've got to do something about that bed for your back and to help you sleep.

A normal resting heart rate is more indicative to your problem being dehydration. Some of us just utilize sodium at a faster rate than others. It can be seen in family histories through kidney stones, migraines, and epilepsy. The latter two usually being on the female side, but males in the family can have them as well. If you went and had your sodium checked, it might come back normal. If you went and got it checked later that afternoon, it might come back low. See if you crave salt more in the afternoon or evening. Low sodium causes you to wake up early at night and usually has your brain racing with thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Only View Post
    You've got to do something about that bed for your back and to help you sleep.

A normal resting heart rate is more indicative to your problem being dehydration. Some of us just utilize sodium at a faster rate than others. It can be seen in family histories through kidney stones, migraines, and epilepsy. The latter two usually being on the female side, but males in the family can have them as well. If you went and had your sodium checked, it might come back normal. If you went and got it checked later that afternoon, it might come back low. See if you crave salt more in the afternoon or evening. Low sodium causes you to wake up early at night and usually has your brain racing with thoughts.
    So are you saying that me craving salt, just because I like the taste is the same thing as my body yearning for it? I don't really crave it any time more than others really. When I eat steamed veggies, I douse it with pepper and salt, becuase it tastes good...or when I grill chicken, I'll dip it in soy or worcestershire because I think it tastes good. I do tend to wake up a good bit in the wee hours, lay there for about 2 hours, then finally doze back off right before its time to get up. I just always attribute that to being uncomfy in bed.

And I can't really get rid of the bed. First, it was actually a really expensive bed, and I can't sink more money into a bed. And secondly, and probably more importantly, my wife has some issues other than just her neck, so if keeping the bed makes part of her life a little better by allowing her to sleep without pain, then that's what I gotta do.

Quote Originally Posted by bsites9 View Post
    So are you saying that me craving salt, just because I like the taste is the same thing as my body yearning for it? I don't really crave it any time more than others really. When I eat steamed veggies, I douse it with pepper and salt, becuase it tastes good...or when I grill chicken, I'll dip it in soy or worcestershire because I think it tastes good. I do tend to wake up a good bit in the wee hours, lay there for about 2 hours, then finally doze back off right before its time to get up. I just always attribute that to being uncomfy in bed.

And I can't really get rid of the bed. First, it was actually a really expensive bed, and I can't sink more money into a bed. And secondly, and probably more importantly, my wife has some issues other than just her neck, so if keeping the bed makes part of her life a little better by allowing her to sleep without pain, then that's what I gotta do.

I don't think this necessarily applies to you, but I thought others might benefit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=150e7...feature=relmfu

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    a good friend of mine has battled lifelong migraines so bad that at one point in time they thought he had a brain tumor. he cut the gluten out and hasn't had one in years. oh yeah, and he tested negative for celiacs.
    I had the same thing in regards to headaches. Went through the same process of food elimination - came down to chocolate and red wine.
    Mathews Z7 - classic
    Hoyt Vector 32 - Bone Collector
    Hoyt Spyder 30

As a healthcare professional, I stand by my statement that individuals should limit pork intake.
    Can I ask the reasoning? Especially if the cuts are lean.

I’ve always wondered this even with red meat. We always hear ‘Eat in moderation.’ or ‘Limit intake.’ I’d agree if the cuts are loaded with fat. But if they are lean cuts – say venison. What are the other problems associated with these meats?
    Mathews Z7 - classic
    Hoyt Spyder 30

Quote Originally Posted by DMAX-HD View Post
    Can I ask the reasoning? Especially if the cuts are lean.

I’ve always wondered this even with red meat. We always hear ‘Eat in moderation.’ or ‘Limit intake.’ I’d agree if the cuts are loaded with fat. But if they are lean cuts – say venison. What are the other problems associated with these meats?
    Even the lean cuts of pork have a higher fat content than the other meats, and I go back to the negative sequelae (non-organic). That was for you Not on the Rug. I can't tell you how many times I've dealt with folks that had to go to the ER and when I ask "Did you eat pork yesterday?" they say yes. I've just seen it too many times. I still eat pork, just not as much.

Even the lean cuts of pork have a higher fat content than the other meats, and I go back to the negative sequelae (non-organic). That was for you Not on the Rug. I can't tell you how many times I've dealt with folks that had to go to the ER and when I ask "Did you eat pork yesterday?" they say yes. I've just seen it too many times. I still eat pork, just not as much.
    Ok. Thx for the reply.
    I eat pork about once a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mathews Z7 - classic
    Hoyt Spyder 30

I had the same thing in regards to headaches. Went through the same process of food elimination - came down to chocolate and red wine.
    you sure the headaches weren't hangovers? just bustin' on ya...

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    you sure the headaches weren't hangovers? just bustin' on ya...
    Lol

I knew I should have qualified my statement before posting.

'outside of self-inflicted headaches....'

Mathews Z7 - classic
    Hoyt Spyder 30

Lol

I knew I should have qualified my statement before posting.

'outside of self-inflicted headaches....'

hilarious... "once i stopped drinking a gallon of wine on saturday nights, i noticed my sunday headaches were miraculously gone..."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123