Thread: kennetrac boots

kennetrac boots

im going on my first elk hunt this year, honestly i have no idea how rough the ground is because i havnt seen it in person the but the regional director out there said it was to rough (compared to what, lol). anyway, i bought a new pair of cabelas whitetail hunters last year that i really like and feel good, i have got a couple blisters on my feet now because my feet are very soft, not because the boots. would a pair of kennetracs be worth the money or should i save that money because im buying a ton of stuff anyway and need to save somewhere. i realize footwear is so important thats why im asking.

If you're going to get the Kenetreks, go to Camofire immediately and order them up. The Mountain Extreme 400's are 40% off today, haven't seen them that low ever.
    2006 LH Bowtech Old Glory 70#, 32 1/2" draw, back to the Hostage rest, SH 7-pin Hunter, 500gr TR Crush 300 @ 285fps.
    2007 LH Bowtech Commander 60#, 32" draw, Limbdriver rest, BG 5-pin Flashpoint.
    2014 PSE Freak SP 70#, 32" draw, not set up yet.

thats what i was looking at 5miles, just not sure rather i should spend that much money when ive already got a decent pair of boots or if they are really something so special i will realize i was wearing junk. ive got to save some money somewhere because ive had to spend some on things i didnt have for this trip. are they great boots and worth the money

I'd say they are definitely worth $235, but just depends on where and how you're hunting. Do you need them? No. I also use my 9 year old pair of Rocky's while I'm hunting as well as the Kenetreks. But they are good boots.
    2006 LH Bowtech Old Glory 70#, 32 1/2" draw, back to the Hostage rest, SH 7-pin Hunter, 500gr TR Crush 300 @ 285fps.

Quote Originally Posted by 5MilesBack View Post
    If you're going to get the Kenetreks, go to Camofire immediately and order them up. The Mountain Extreme 400's are 40% off today, haven't seen them that low ever.
    Well that figures.......just went there and my size is sold out. Anyway, I haven't wore a pair of Kenetreks, but my next pair of boots will probably be them.
    Lien2

You might find the 400's a little warm if your hunt is early season. Your Whitetail Hunters would more then likely be fine for your hunt. But that being said, footwear is the last place I will go cheap on anymore. Good boots make a huge difference when your chasing elk all day, no matter the terrain.
    Hoyt Syder Turbo 29.5/70 410 grn at 306 fps
    Hoyt Spyder 34 29.5/70 510 grn at 266 fps

thanks guys, i didnt get them, but went out for a 6 mile hike and have several blisters on my feet. my boots are well broken in, fit like a shoe when i where them for normal stuff, but when i hike with them i get blisters. i think my feet just need to toughen up. hope i didnt make a mistake. again, thanks

bnsafe may i ask what kind of sock you are wearing when you do your hikes. blisters are bad even now. i think something is now quit right. were are you getting the blisters?

Take at look at Crispi Boots. IMO they are nicer than the Kennetreks. The new Idaho and Wyoming are a great uninsulated boot!!
    www.ltlacorn.com
    Authorized Dealer for:Strother Archery, Darton Archery, Predator Camo, Vapor Trail, Stokerized Stabilizers, Black Gold Sights, Lakewood Products (Bow Cases), Tru-Fire Releases, Spyderweb targets,First-Lite, LTL ACORN CAMERAS,Spot-Hogg, Reconyx,VORTEX Optics, Tightspot Quivers,Tenzing Packs,Sitka Clothing,

I bought the Hardscrabbles last year. Not very impressed with them! One good thing is, they keep my feet dry! Thats good, that way the mole skin don't come off!

I own both the Mtn. Extremes and Hardscrabbles for hunting as well as a pair of hard tacticals that I wear for work. I have wore Rocky's, danners, cabelas, hawthorns and numerous cheaper boots and other than my Hawthorn work boots I'm not sure I have ever wore a nicer pair of boots. The support and build of the boot is great and now that I have the Tacticals for work my back feels much better at night. I was skeptical until I bought my first pair but trust me you won't regret it! Throw the blister boots away and get a good boot or you will hate yourself after several long days of chasing elk. Once you're feet blister up and you can't go anymore you basically paid all that money for a hunt to sit in camp!!!
    TRU-FLIGHT CUSTOM ARROWS LLC
    Dealer for the following great products: Victory, Black Eagle Arrows, Harvest Time, Bohning, Spot-Hogg, Trophy Taker, Muzzy, Vantage Point, S4 Gear, Blacks Creek Guide Gear, Rip-Cord,
    ASAT CAMO, Vendetta Stabilizers, MT. Black Gold
    NEW BREED STAFF

i already hate myself for not pulling the trigger yesterday, but to late.
    teeton, i have 1 blister on the back of my left foot, 1 blister on the bottom of my left foot right behind the 3rd toe, both quarter size blisters. and 4 other smaller blisters on the balls of both feet. i think its because my feet are soft, the boots feel great when i start off. no slippage that i can feel. and i have wore everything from a light sock to heavy merino wool socks yesterday.
    im not sure if its the boot or my feet, but im out of action for a few days cause my feet hurt.

has anybody wore the cabelas perfekt hunter or outfitter series pro boots. they are a little more in line with what i have to spend. but if i buy something that expensive i dont want to stop short of the right boot

I'm in a similar position- I've got three pairs of boots I've worn for elk hunting in the past and I'm not happy with any of them. I've got Danner Pronghorns, Danner Something-or-another GTX hikers, and Solomon Hikers of some kind. My biggest complaint is that none of them keep my feet dry- not at all.

I want a hiker-type boot that is fairly light and totally waterproof and I've narrowed my latest search down to the following boots: Kennetrek Hardscrabbles, Zamberlan Trekkers, Lowa Ranger GTX's, and Miendl Perfekt Hikers. I'm going to put on some miles on some hills this weekend in a pair of Perfekt Hikers- I'd really like to like them because I've got $$$ in credit at Cabelas. If they don't impress me, I'm going to give either the Zamberlan's or the Lowa's a shot. The Hardscrabbles look wonderful, but I'm not convinced that they are any better product than any of the other boots I listed. Even if they are, I have a really tough time justifying that kind of expense for a pair of boots... That being said, most who have them swear by them (of course if I dumped that kind of money on boots I'd try like heck to convince myself they were the best boot ever...)

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bnsafe View Post
    and i have wore everything from a light sock to heavy merino wool socks yesterday.
    im not sure if its the boot or my feet, but im out of action for a few days cause my feet hurt.
    Do you wear a liner sock as well as good merino socks? If I only wear one pair of socks, I get blisters as well. I have to have a thin Thermax or Poly liner sock.

And just to let you know.......I can wear my Rocky's for 10+ miles a day for a season and not get a single blister. One day in the Kenetreks and I will blister above my heels without moleskin.

thx 5 miles. yes i wore a thin liner under the socks. didtn make a diff. my feet are soft. hopin they will toughen up.

The Perfekt Hunters are very comfortable boots. My first pair did not hold up as well as I had hoped, but then I'm pretty hard on boots. They are not as stiff as Kenetrek's are, but for easy to moderate terrain they are tough to beat. Cabelas was offering a 50th anniversary edition Meindl, which is basically a beefed up Perfekt Hunter. I was lucky enough to find a pair in my size when they went on sale. I think they will hold up much better then the regular Perfekts, and they have a stiffer sole. If you are looking for a stiff boot like Kenetrek check out the Cabelas Alaskan Hunter, I think they are a great boot for the money, just plan on changing out the insoles in them because the stock ones are junk.

Hoyt Syder Turbo 29.5/70 410 grn at 306 fps
    Hoyt Spyder 34 29.5/70 510 grn at 266 fps