Thread: string makers- riddle me this

string makers- riddle me this

A friend has a new string that was made for him. When he draws the bow back the peep rotates 130 degrees [ i don't know in which direction]. What would cause this? Are the servings wound in opposite directions? Any ideas?
    Thanx
    'IT'S TOO LATE TO START ANYTHING NOW"
    Bowtech Destroyer 350
    QAD rest, Goldtip 5575's, XRinger HV's, Vanetec Vanes
    Superstrings Staff Shooter, Montana Black Gold, Sureloc
    RAGE broadheads, Scott Rhino, Truball Sweetspot 2

Sounds like he's got a bad string. If it rotates that bad then there is probably very little you can do to fix the problem. Have your friend contact his string builder regarding the issue. Peep rotation can be caused by many different things: center serving too tight, unequal strand tension in the bundle, serving too tight....and on and on.
    OK Archery DST 36
    Hoyt Spyder Turbo
    Hoyt Spyder 34

could be ., serving applied in wrong direction , not prestretched properly , layout was not even .

he should contact the builder .
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30 , LimbDriver ProV , Viper H1000 , Trophy Ridge Arrows , Muzzy 3 Blade
    Hoyt AM 32 , Drop Zone , Viper H1000 , Trophy Ridge Arrows , Muzzy 3 Blade
    Hoyt Havoc -Tec , Drop Zone , Extreme RT900 , V.A.P. 1 Arrows , Muzzy 3 Blade
    U.S. Army 1981 - 1989

Quote Originally Posted by strayarrow View Post
    ...What would cause this?...
    Bad string making... there are a whole host of possibilities as to the exact reason. When they are that bad there's no fixing them. I doubt going to the maker for anything more than a refund will help either.
    Quality Stabilizers at reasonable prices:
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2305413
    Now offering affordable stack weights:
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2305373

If it is consistant pulling back it could be on the bow wrong also a peep that is stable but tied in sometimes needs to be turned on the bow to be back straight every time. Now that being said... No onne on here has their hands on the bow so we all can only go by partial info..
    PYRO Custom String Shooter
    "Torch the Competition"

Quote Originally Posted by strayarrow View Post
    . When he draws the bow back the peep rotates 130 degrees Any ideas?
    Thanx
    if it rotates that much from rest to full draw its pretty much garbage, im sure the string is on correctly, kinda hard to put a single cam string on wrong and a dual cam bow even if it was upside down it wouldnt cause rotation issues.
    Hoyt Vector35 - QAD - Spot-Hogg - Doinker - Easton - FOB's
    Hoyt Dorado 50# - FMJ's
    T.R.U. Ball www.truball.com FOB's www.Starrflight.com Doinker www.doinker.com
    "If you dont stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!"

Quote Originally Posted by dwagoner View Post
    if it rotates that much from rest to full draw its pretty much garbage, im sure the string is on correctly, kinda hard to put a single cam string on wrong and a dual cam bow even if it was upside down it wouldnt cause rotation issues.
    Totally agree.
    PYRO Custom String Shooter
    "Torch the Competition"

x3 on this one, that string is toast.

Hutch
    HUTCH~N~SON ARCHERY LLC. OWNER OF BOW STRING DEPOT!

I agree. The first string I ever built on a wooden string jig with no stretching and very tight serving didn't turn nearly that much.

It would be a challenge to purposely build a string with that much peep rotation. I'm not sure how it could be done.

Allen

I did it once, last string of the day and wasn't paying attention. Served the idler wheel serving the wrong direction and it rotated this bad... Took the serving off completely and redid it the correct direction and it was perfect...

thanx guys. I kinda figured it was toast. I will pass this along.
    'IT'S TOO LATE TO START ANYTHING NOW"
    Bowtech Destroyer 350
    QAD rest, Goldtip 5575's, XRinger HV's, Vanetec Vanes
    Superstrings Staff Shooter, Montana Black Gold, Sureloc
    RAGE broadheads, Scott Rhino, Truball Sweetspot 2

Quote Originally Posted by tuckcut View Post
    I did it once, last string of the day and wasn't paying attention. Served the idler wheel serving the wrong direction and it rotated this bad... Took the serving off completely and redid it the correct direction and it was perfect...
    while back there was a guy defending himself very strongly about serving direction and that it didnt matter what direction it was applied but more that the string was served under proper amount of tension, forgot who it was its been so long, but i dont believe it myself. plus when i was new to building i had hard time figuring out serving rotation and i did strings against twist and they do rotate and unwind under serving too so i know myself it does matter what direction you serve.
    Hoyt Vector35 - QAD - Spot-Hogg - Doinker - Easton - FOB's
    Hoyt Dorado 50# - FMJ's
    T.R.U. Ball www.truball.com FOB's www.Starrflight.com Doinker www.doinker.com
    "If you dont stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!"

while back there was a guy defending himself very strongly about serving direction and that it didnt matter what direction it was applied but more that the string was served under proper amount of tension, forgot who it was its been so long, but i dont believe it myself. plus when i was new to building i had hard time figuring out serving rotation and i did strings against twist and they do rotate and unwind under serving too so i know myself it does matter what direction you serve.
    Your right.. I've even done a stealth shot serving the wrong direction by accident and it spins like a top!