Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HBO show catching heat...

HBO show catching heat...

Is it wrong for a show on cable to show a young girl sipping from a pink root? Should children be used in such a sexual related manner?

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...izing-children

so glad I dont pay for this crap
    Not as smart or as good looking as punch master but I charge 1/4 of what he does & I take coupons

I'm pretty hard to offend but thats despicable. What parent would let their child do that scene??

I guess my question is where in the hell are the parents of that child? And I'd like to ask them why they allowed their daughter to be filmed doing that, that is inappropriate IMO.

I notice how it's all about HBO so the guy has an issue With HBO but what about the girls parents?
    Fair and Balanced with a splash of Sarcasm, and pinch of Reason

It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

I agree with Tackscall....I'm pretty hard to offend and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that picture.

From the article:
    After all, it's already the Bill Maher network -- with all his sleaze and hatred of conservatives,” he explained.
    I agree with you Buckster.....seems they have a real issue with HBO in general to begin with.
    Tree Huggin Hippie who hunts elk with a bow and appreciates a good dark beer. An enigma walking.
    Oh, and I'm not a dude. A

ral sex 'humor' involving a young child shows precisely where the left's mind is really at,”
    Mr. Gainor can kiss my ass if he thinks this is where the left is at. I don't know a single person, left or right, who wouldn't be offended by this show.
    "'Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise': thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents."

Our society has sunk to depths that are hard to believe. I hope a LOT of pressure is brought to bear against HBO.

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    so glad I dont pay for this crap
    But, is it fine for the show to be on the air?

Quote Originally Posted by citrus View Post
    But, is it fine for the show to be on the air?
    tons of questionable crap on the air, Jersey shore, jerry springer , toddlers in tiaras ETC.

I dont watch it so I dont care.
    Not as smart or as good looking as punch master but I charge 1/4 of what he does & I take coupons

tons of questionable crap on the air, Jersey shore, jerry springer , toddlers in tiaras ETC.

I dont watch it so I dont care.
    That's odd, you sure cared when it related to Dance Moms.

doing a representative dance of vaudeville fully clothed regardless of depiction, pales to sucking on a phallus.

Quote Originally Posted by rattus58 View Post
    doing a representative dance of vaudeville fully clothed regardless of depiction, pales to sucking on a phallus.
    Thank you, now you remember I asked where would it end?

ER, nope, you guys were "outraged" , I didnt care much for it, shock value shows are not my thing.

ER, nope, you guys were "outraged" , I didnt care much for it, shock value shows are not my thing.
    You said you didn't care for it but felt they should have the right to be on tv. I asked where would it end and now we see what is viewed as shocking. What will the next need to do to be shocking?

Thank you, now you remember I asked where would it end?
    How do you relate the two?

Both were the sexualization of children. Different degrees, but of the same ilk.

Hello, McFly!

It's fine to disagree, but you can't honestly suggest you don't see how it's related, can you?
    Vicit agnus noster eum sequamur

Both were the specialization of children. Different degrees, but of the same ilk.
    Same ilk.... dance and sucking on a phallus.... give me a break citrus...

Quote Originally Posted by Indychris View Post
    Hello, McFly!

It's fine to disagree, but you can't honestly suggest you don't see how it's related, can you?
    No... EXPLAINE IT TO ME.... Do you see a naked kid on the beach as leading to prostitution?

No... EXPLAINE IT TO ME.... Do you see a naked kid on the beach as leading to prostitution?
    Here ya go, Dance Moms dressed little girls in skin tone suits and had them dance like men couldn't afford them. That is sexualization of children. To take it even further, Angry Guys had a young girl drinking from a pink root. Get it?

Same ilk.... dance and sucking on a phallus.... give me a break citrus...
    Yes, both were the sexualization of children.

Here ya go, Dance Moms dressed little girls in skin tone suits and had them dance like men couldn't afford them. That is sexualization of children. To take it even further, Angry Guys had a young girl drinking from a pink root. Get it?
    Whatever.... I'll pass on to the police here too that naked kids on the beach should be fingerprinted... you know.... cuz they are the future hotel street walkers...

Whatever.... I'll pass on to the police here too that naked kids on the beach should be fingerprinted... you know.... cuz they are the future hotel street walkers...
    Hey Rattus, it's not the kids fault!

Ratt.....you have totally nude kids running around your beaches??? Like...what ages are we talking about here???
    Tree Huggin Hippie who hunts elk with a bow and appreciates a good dark beer. An enigma walking.
    Oh, and I'm not a dude. A

Hey Rattus, it's not the kids fault!
    Well I'm glad I live in Hawaii... in this case anyway, because you all up there are really uptight about some pretty innocuous things and you've hyperactive imaginations. I for one don't see dance representations of vaudeville or burlesque as "sexualization" of children. I see it as dance. On the other hand, sucking from a phallus is at best tasteless... and I've other characterizations that come to mind.

You are also hung up on the woman saying dance like they can't afford you.... You make me laugh Citrus... for one thing, she could be like me with limited vocabulary. She could be like me who may have used the vernacular of the day... you know the "Roaring Twenties"... as I might teaching one to fly in a cub... stick and rudder... step on the ball... etc...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast