Thread: more poundage out of my buck commander???

more poundage out of my buck commander???

i bought a used athens buck commander 50-60 lbs the limbs are locked down and the bow is only pulling 57-58 lbs, the guys on here said check the ata and brace so i did and the ata should be 34 it is 33.750 and brace is pretty dead on 7, bow shoots great but i am used to pulling 72 on a z7 just wanted a light bow to shoot for fun (at 60-62 lbs) and speed. i took it to gandermountain near here to get them to twist the cables but the bow guy was gone but some guy said he could do it, he tried twice but didn't get any change in lbs???i don't think he knew what he was doing, he said you only need to twist one of the cables is that right, i bought a bowmaster press before i left so anyone got any ideas please let me know
    Mathews Z7
    QAD ultra
    A/C/C prohunter
    schwacker

ttt
    Mathews Z7
    QAD ultra
    A/C/C prohunter
    schwacker

ttt
    Mathews Z7
    QAD ultra
    A/C/C prohunter
    schwacker

Check your DL. It may be short. If it is you will need to untwist the string. Your best bet would be to pull the whole harness set and put it back to spec and start over. AtA and brace tend to be general specs with a +- tolerance. DW and DL are more of the concern. If you can get both of those with the cams in the right orientation brace may be a 1/16" off and AtA up to 3/16" off.

If you need more help or info, I would find an Athens thread and post there or pm Rodney.
    TAZ Archery - Woodstock, IL
    Elite, PSE, Bear, Strother
    Easton, Scott/CBE, Vortex

Shoot what you like.....Like what you shoot!!!