Thread: Awesome dryfire

Awesome dryfire

Well, I had a really "fun" dryfire today with my Formula RX. Sure is loud in an indoor range!
    The only thing I can figure is that my new AAE KSL tab has got only about 100 shots on it, it's not trimmed perfectly yet, and I must have pushed the nock off at full draw, because there was nothing wrong with the nock.
    Has anyone else had their tab push the nock off at full draw?

Anyway, the lower limb blew out of the pocket and fell at my feet. No damage, just a nice warm fuzzy feeling for the next few ends.

Yes, I had this happen with the Win & Win perfect tab. It has a screw head right behind the nock notch. The downside was a few dry fires with the arrow striking sideways the belly of the riser. The upside was learning I was clenching my draw hand to cheat through the clicker. Gotta know about a problem before you can fix it.
    SASKATCHEWAN
    ITALIAN RISERS KOREAN LIMBS

My wife had it happen a couple of weeks ago, but she was just beginning and was only shooting 14# limbs, so nothing dramatic. She had trouble pinching the nock too, so decided she was more comfortable shooting 3 under.

With 10 years of shooting, I've only had 3 dryfires, so I guess that's a pretty good track record.

I'd be willing to bet that almost everyone has had a few. My last one happened when a Beiter in/out nock broke at the shaft. The next arrow I shot had me sweating bullets.

I did my dry fire at an indoor shoot, which magnified the noise. In the close quarters available for setup, I didn't notice that I had put my sight on backwards (facing away from the sight window). I took down, re-mounted the sight and, apparently, in all the extra motion, I had pushed my nock slightly off the string. The noise of 42#, magnified by the low ceiling, was pretty jarring. Surprisingly, I shot like garbage that day. I always re-check my nock before shooting after I take down, adjust the sight etc.

About 6 months later, the bottom limb came apart. Probably a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by archeryal View Post
    I did my dry fire at an indoor shoot, which magnified the noise. In the close quarters available for setup, I didn't notice that I had put my sight on backwards (facing away from the sight window). I took down, re-mounted the sight and, apparently, in all the extra motion, I had pushed my nock slightly off the string. The noise of 42#, magnified by the low ceiling, was pretty jarring. Surprisingly, I shot like garbage that day. I always re-check my nock before shooting after I take down, adjust the sight etc.

About 6 months later, the bottom limb came apart. Probably a coincidence.
    This was during a competition? The people shooting next to you must have LOVED you after that

That's just my style. No use screwing up without an audience.

My coach said I should have offerred to replace the underwear or pay for the dry cleaning bills of the other competitors.

At one indoor competition a guy next to me was shooting a crossbow behind me. Unfortunately i did not realise it until his first shot, i could have handle a dry cleaning after... His first shot was coming while i was at full draw.... Luckily we could agree to shoot in a sequence waiting for each other, so at least i knew after when the gunfire will come from behind, but that was it that day for the scores...