Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "War on women"

The "War on women"

I don't know how many are following the current political talk about the Left's view that the Right doesn't like women and doesn't feel women are equals. Somehow, a Leftist, Hillary Rosen felt it necessary to talk disparagingly against Romney's wife, because she is a stay-at-home mom. Rosen stated her not working means she has never worked a day in her life. obama was quick to jump in and say that wives should be left out of the political fray. One problem...looks like barrack laid the ground work for this a week prior to Rosen's statement.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...OqCT_blog.html

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-On-Ann-Romney

It looks like ole barrack needs to get all the votes he can. Like it has been said before, this election cycle is going to be a doosie!

Just another "distraction" to get the voters to ignore the actual track record over the last three plus years!
    ....................Sent via Overland Pony Express.............

"We've upped our standards. Up yours"

News flash- the media has been trying to pit working moms against stay at home moms for decades. This isn't new. Parenting magaaines pitch it every few months. This is just the newest distraction, and possibly the first time men have noticed.

This is typical of the dirty, corrupt Chicago politics that the mongrel muslim Occupier of the WH brought with him & uses daily to deceive the American people, our country - not his. He has never had a decent record to stand on so he solicits the ignorant, the illegals, the minorities, and now attacks his opponents wife to get votes. Don't think for a minute this ghetto punk isn't behind the attack on Romney's wife, despite his lies to the contrary.
    Thoughts entering one's mind need not escape one's mouth!
    As I age my memory fades .... and that's a load off my mind!

We Live In The Land Of The Free, Only Because Of The Brave
    2010 Elite GT500: 50&60lb, HHA DS-5500, QAD UltraRest HD Pro Series, VForce HV 400
    Hakuna Matata to all!

Tn in Dixie, Land of tha free because of tha Brave
    Quote Originally Posted by citrus View Post
    I don't know how many are following the current political talk about the Left's view that the Right doesn't like women and doesn't feel women are equals. Somehow, a Leftist, Hillary Rosen felt it necessary to talk disparagingly against Romney's wife, because she is a stay-at-home mom. Rosen stated her not working means she has never worked a day in her life. obama was quick to jump in and say that wives should be left out of the political fray. One problem...looks like barrack laid the ground work for this a week prior to Rosen's statement.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...OqCT_blog.html

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-On-Ann-Romney

It looks like ole barrack needs to get all the votes he can. Like it has been said before, this election cycle is going to be a doosie!
    votes baby votes
    <EVIDENCE OF GOD><
    ......../Jesus\........
    SPEAKING HEAVENLY TOUNGES
    ICor 13:1,Acts 2:4,Mark 16:17

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Chick View Post
    News flash- the media has been trying to pit working moms against stay at home moms for decades. This isn't new. Parenting magaaines pitch it every few months. This is just the newest distraction, and possibly the first time men have noticed.
    Men who are married to stay at home Moms know about it.

Pfft. This from an administration that signed Indefinite Detention into law and should be on trial for fraud.

when are the republicans going to grow some balls and stand up to bamster and the media instead of cowering down like a whipped puppy? i am sick of these lame arse politicians

I'm gonna say that since Hilary Rosen is a strategist, so that leads me to think she was glad to be thrown under the bus so all the Dems could come clamoring about how women are so great mothers are wonderful and gush about women.......

So the Dems now look all glorious and all for women......
    Fair and Balanced with a splash of Sarcasm, and pinch of Reason

It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

But the question remains: whic party is more woman-friendly? Ladies, which issues do you consider to be key to women in this election? Then we can compare track records.
    "'Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise': thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents."

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKSTER View Post
    so all the Dems could come clamoring about how women are so great mothers are wonderful and gush about women.......

So the Dems now look all glorious and all for women......
    Except for stay at home moms, they aren't real working women.

I think it was a failed attempt to further emphasize that the Romneys are not typical Americans in that they don't have the same financial struggles. Mitt, makes $10k bets(successfully parroted by those that didn't get the point) & now Ann doesn't really know how hard it is for you, the typical mother that is watching me get tossed under a bus. She drives a fleet of Cadillacs & is rich, never had to worry about gassing up her caddy vs diapers or keeping herself ready for ole Mitt vs putting a few extra hrs at the office & still come home to her slob of a husband that hasn't fixed dinner yet though he's been unemployed for six months. She doesn't understand anything about finances.
    Ole Ann just can't relate to You, typical American mother.

I know, cause well neither can I as I simply don't understand how a woman could stay at home & be happy doing nothing but raising their kids. You don't think I had to juggle a career & raise kids did you? I'm a well paid talking head for the Dems, & a lesbian. I haven't faced those issues either. I adopted kids, but am well paid enough that I can afford to hire help, like ole Ann. Yes yes that's it. I know how outta' touch Ann is cause I can relate to Ann, & I'm outta' touch. Could be that since Ann is an actual wife & mother & has been possibly actually talking to other mothers not as privileged as she is she has a clue, (Wait is my mic on??).......but she's still rich. Mean ole' rich Mormon stay at the mansion rich Mormon wife & rich Mormon mother of some rich Mormon boys. Yea, that's it.........
    Walk Your Talk

Then I did a quick Bing search and found this:
    http://www.twinglemommmy.com/2012/04...nfessions.html
    It's really a good & quick read.

I confess....
    The war on women is not being waged by men or Congress, it's by women.
    I confess....
    Which is why the following statement by Rosen made me even angrier?

Now let's be clear on one thing. I have no judgments about women who work outside the home vs. women who work in the home raising a family. (Except for the fact that we don't work, please don't forget that!) I admire women who can stay home and raise their kids full-time. (Yet you say we don't work, where is that admiration again?) I even envy them sometimes. (Well duh, we don't work, what's not to envy?) It is a wonderful luxury to have the choice. But let's stipulate that it is NOT a choice that most women have in America today.

I must have missed the moment in America where only RICH moms stay at home. Hold on, I'm going to go looking for my millions. Damn, my evil husband must have hid them since they are missing from my bank account.
    I think Ms. Rosen was coached by Biden..........
    Walk Your Talk

Quote Originally Posted by cobowhntr View Post
    Except for stay at home moms, they aren't real working women.

I think it was a failed attempt to further emphasize that the Romneys are not typical Americans in that they don't have the same financial struggles. Mitt, makes $10k bets(successfully parroted by those that didn't get the point) & now Ann doesn't really know how hard it is for you, the typical mother that is watching me get tossed under a bus. She drives a fleet of Cadillacs & is rich, never had to worry about gassing up her caddy vs diapers or keeping herself ready for ole Mitt vs putting a few extra hrs at the office & still come home to her slob of a husband that hasn't fixed dinner yet though he's been unemployed for six months. She doesn't understand anything about finances.
    Ole Ann just can't relate to You, typical American mother.

I know, cause well neither can I as I simply don't understand how a woman could stay at home & be happy doing nothing but raising their kids. You don't think I had to juggle a career & raise kids did you? I'm a well paid talking head for the Dems, & a lesbian. I haven't faced those issues either. I adopted kids, but am well paid enough that I can afford to hire help, like ole Ann. Yes yes that's it. I know how outta' touch Ann is cause I can relate to Ann, & I'm outta' touch. Could be that since Ann is an actual wife & mother & has been possibly actually talking to other mothers not as privileged as she is she has a clue, (Wait is my mic on??).......but she's still rich. Mean ole' rich Mormon stay at the mansion rich Mormon wife & rich Mormon mother of some rich Mormon boys. Yea, that's it.........

bahhahaha.......good points......

I am far from rich, and I don't have a caddy, and I don;t have kids, but as far as Romney asking his wife about economic issue on the side of women......I am all for that, that is what got this Hilary all twisted up......she obviously believe that if you don't work are nothing but a silly barefoottin' stay at home mom you have no brains in you head to know anything about money and economics......

And I also wanna add Caddies.... come on the guy makes millions....and he has caddies only for his wife.....Escalades run about 70k-80k and they can run less than that for a car, heck I know some welfare peeps that gots caddys.....Ok ok I actually only know of a few couples that have caddys and they don't make millions probably more like 150k a year......Come on Cadillacs aren't that expensive......poor folks who make less then millions a year buy them......The richer people in my town drive Benzs and Lexus

disclamier

Quote Originally Posted by Spreggy View Post
    But the question remains: whic party is more woman-friendly? Ladies, which issues do you consider to be key to women in this election? Then we can compare track records.
    thats a good question.....well Obama pays his gals 18% less then their male counterparts........so he's not exactly friendly.

But I suspect you mean women not in political and in general....well I'd say neither...

Both still want women in the backseat so to speak.

Which issue well I'd say economics......and jobs.

The rest is all fluff talk......wade v roe will not be over turned the pro-life have tried and tired and tired and it didn't happen. Like I said before defunding planned parenthood go for it if people want to support that group they can hold fund raisers and get support from those who support it.

something the blogger pointed out is that I bet Ms. Rosen wouldn't say that Mrs. Clinton was or is outta' touch. That Mrs. Clinton didn't understand the economic struggles women are interested in.

But then Mrs. Clinton was just a poor woman that moved to Rkansas so she would have a better grasp. Not that Mrs. Clinton was economically poor, that was poor as in empathy or sympathy because she was "from".....Rkansas.
    Walk Your Talk

If Ms Rosen thinks women should be treated equally, is she for them signing up for the Selective Service, and being assigned to the Infantry without regard to gender?
    "Huh, dude...I think we got hit by a big boat...Hey, quit bogarting the bowl, dude...why am I wet?..." -hdracer

Staples Sucks I Use Office Depot

I think the right if fighting hard to make this an issue and the left wants it to be an issue also. They are both fighting for the female votes. It's pure politics and I'm sick of it!

I think the right if fighting hard to make this an issue and the left wants it to be an issue also. They are both fighting for the female votes. It's pure politics and I'm sick of it!
    Honestly, what do you expect during an election season? "We love women and are looking out for their best interests, but to be honest, so are our political opponents, so it really makes no difference who you vote for!"
    "Mr. Jefferson, build up that wall!" -- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by ctmartinshooter View Post
    Honestly, what do you expect during an election season? "We love women and are looking out for their best interests, but to be honest, so are our political opponents, so it really makes no difference who you vote for!"
    To a degree, until you vote against the one who you feel is least favorable to your overall idea of what you want out of govt. it's sad we don't have two great people fighting for OUR best interests, instead of the interests of their agenda.

To a degree, until you vote against the one who you feel is least favorable to your overall idea of what you want out of govt. it's sad we don't have two great people fighting for OUR best interests, instead of the interests of their agenda.
    Well, yes, of course people acting out of complete altruistic motives is always nice, but it never, ever happens.
    "Mr. Jefferson, build up that wall!" -- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    Pfft. This from an administration that signed Indefinite Detention into law and should be on trial for fraud.
    Not as smart or as good looking as punch master but I charge 1/4 of what he does & I take coupons

Two of the biggest issues women face today are reproductive rights and (I hate to admit it) assistance for single moms, daycare, and education. Liberals are not in support of reproductive rights, and democrats are shellilng out big bucks to lower income moms.

With the economy failing as it is, those issues are going to be more and more in the minds of the average American woman. Other than staunch pro-life women, the republicans are not going to do so hot there.

They just need to get back in the kitchen and finish making me my sandwich.

Don't look now, but you've all been had. When O tried to get that thing about religious businesses being on the hook to pay for contraceptives in their insurance plans and the Catholics went berserk, the Republicans couldn't resist and stupidly got in the fray and exposed all their animosity towards women who have the temerity to want contraception and the like included in the insurance. Between Santorum and Willard, O probably gained millions of free votes from women who see the Repubs for what they are............. IMO he knew that the original idea wouldn't fly but would bait the Repubs into exposing their agenda.........flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Chick View Post
    Two of the biggest issues women face today are reproductive rights and (I hate to admit it) assistance for single moms, daycare, and education. Liberals are not in support of reproductive rights, and democrats are shellilng out big bucks to lower income moms.

With the economy failing as it is, those issues are going to be more and more in the minds of the average American woman. Other than staunch pro-life women, the republicans are not going to do so hot there.
    We have a winner!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast