Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 58

Thread: July 22nd! Midwest Premier Open Challenge $1000.00 1st place prize!!!!

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern IL
    Posts
    997
    I plan on attending. This should be a fun event!
    Darin DeNeal

  2. #27
    Sounds like a fun event......I will not be there but I wish you luck getting 30 shooter

    Am with you Kyle 300fps is werid

    If I was coming if have to have my bowtec rig me up a bow just for that shoot.......then go out and shoot a basket load of 5s lol!!!!!!

    At least one person on the care ride home would be happy am sure ;-)

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kinmundy, IL
    Posts
    645
    So, since we will be purchasing some new mckenzies for this, is their any certain ones that you want to shoot? We have purchased a new elk, leopard, blesbok, mule deer, sneak deer, mt. goat, ibex, and a chamois at the beginning of the year.

    Let us know

  4. #29
    the only reason i was asking about turkeys is if you have a good group someone more than likely will get blocked out of the 12

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kinmundy, IL
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by smokin12ring View Post
    the only reason i was asking about turkeys is if you have a good group someone more than likely will get blocked out of the 12
    I understand. We are going to do our best not to have any.

  6. #31
    Turkey target makes if course if you ask me
    That's useally the make or break target to decides who walks home with cash or who doesn't

    I miss the IBO turkey world shoot!!!!

  7. #32
    Coyote
    I think these when set up good are a game changer on the course

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kinmundy, IL
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyk View Post
    Coyote
    I think these when set up good are a game changer on the course
    I agree!! That target can hurt you quick.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kinmundy, IL
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyk View Post
    Turkey target makes if course if you ask me
    That's useally the make or break target to decides who walks home with cash or who doesn't

    I miss the IBO turkey world shoot!!!!
    I miss that too. You could actually hit them really good by the end of that shoot.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kinmundy, IL
    Posts
    645
    ttt



    sc archery logo.jpg


  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kinmundy, IL
    Posts
    645
    ttt

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jefferson City, MO
    Posts
    129
    How many targets will there be? I like the 300fps speed limit.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kinmundy, IL
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by dog131 View Post
    How many targets will there be? I like the 300fps speed limit.
    The course will be a mix of around 25 mckenzies and 5 rhineharts . Then if you make the shoot off you will have a chance for 10 more arrows.

    Hope to see you there!!! Bring a friend or 2 with you.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kinmundy, IL
    Posts
    645

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kinmundy, IL
    Posts
    645
    bump

  16. #41
    Anyway to get rid of the 5 rineharts
    Sure someone could donate 5 Mckenizes for the useage of that day plenty of guys who own targets around the area

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern IL
    Posts
    997
    Babyk,

    I've heard that there will now be no Rhineharts. ES21, can you confirm this?
    Darin DeNeal

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kinmundy, IL
    Posts
    645
    We are purchasing 15 new Mckenzies!!! If our count is right there will be no rhineharts, no rock rascals and no turkeys. That should make everyone happy!

    We would love for some registration forms to come in, hint hint

  19. #44
    No Turkeys????
    I understand that most people dislike the turkey because it is such a "make or break" target but when you are playing for $1000 I think that woud make it all that more of a challenge.
    A turkey at around 40-45yds is a enough to make the best shots in the area worried when behind the string!!!! I understand why no turkey but would had loved to seen one!!!! I will probley benifit and shoot a higher score because it wont be on the course but feel it is a target that most all archery perosnal fear!!!!

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kinmundy, IL
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyk View Post
    No Turkeys????
    I understand that most people dislike the turkey because it is such a "make or break" target but when you are playing for $1000 I think that woud make it all that more of a challenge.
    A turkey at around 40-45yds is a enough to make the best shots in the area worried when behind the string!!!! I understand why no turkey but would had loved to seen one!!!! I will probley benifit and shoot a higher score because it wont be on the course but feel it is a target that most all archery perosnal fear!!!!
    Remember, if the count is right. If I'm wrong by one there will be a Mckenzie turkey. We should be right. I promise you this, there will be some make or break shots!!

  21. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by ES21 View Post
    Remember, if the count is right. If I'm wrong by one there will be a Mckenzie turkey. We should be right. I promise you this, there will be some make or break shots!!
    Sounds good.....I will be practicing dont worry.......Most pro ranges you hardley ever see anything under 30yds so Ill be hitting 40+yds hard!!!! I know on the Pro course you see a lot of 43-50yds!!!!
    A Coyote target set anything over 45+yds would do the trick for me to get my knees shaking!!!!!!


    This is going to be a really good event and I know some of the guys who put the time and effort and attempting to get this event up and running!!! Give these guys major credit as they are trying to give the area a big money shoot that can happen year after year but it will take us (the shooters) to make this happen.......I know one thing that good fellowship and a good course set will be provided!!! Lets make this thing happen and show up and support the hard work these men and woman put into this event!!!!!

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kinmundy, IL
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyk View Post
    Sounds good.....I will be practicing dont worry.......Most pro ranges you hardley ever see anything under 30yds so Ill be hitting 40+yds hard!!!! I know on the Pro course you see a lot of 43-50yds!!!!
    A Coyote target set anything over 45+yds would do the trick for me to get my knees shaking!!!!!!


    This is going to be a really good event and I know some of the guys who put the time and effort and attempting to get this event up and running!!! Give these guys major credit as they are trying to give the area a big money shoot that can happen year after year but it will take us (the shooters) to make this happen.......I know one thing that good fellowship and a good course set will be provided!!! Lets make this thing happen and show up and support the hard work these men and woman put into this event!!!!!
    Thanks Babyk!!!

  23. #48
    Mark the above date as a must attend!!!
    Do not miss out on this event a lot of great shooters will be there and it will be a chance for you to meet a lot of people in Illinois and the surroundings that share the same passion as you might in target archery!! It will also help you put a face to a name!!!!

    this will be the event of the year at the local level here in Illinois!!!!

  24. #49
    I heard that Elite Pro Staff Shooter Kevin Koch would also be at this shoot

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kinmundy, IL
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyk View Post
    Mark the above date as a must attend!!!
    Do not miss out on this event a lot of great shooters will be there and it will be a chance for you to meet a lot of people in Illinois and the surroundings that share the same passion as you might in target archery!! It will also help you put a face to a name!!!!

    this will be the event of the year at the local level here in Illinois!!!!
    We are going to work our butts off to make this a great time for everyone.

    Also, we want to do this for the bow hunter class next year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •