a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Going to Alaska

Going to Alaska

Just looking for some advice on whether to head to Seward or Homer on the 13th of Alaska. Looking for a charter boat to catch some Halibut, Salmon, Rock fish,,,,,,and do some local fishing.

Hope you have a great trip. Homer or Deep Creek has great fishing. On the way to these two you go through Kenai and may be able to catch some early Kings.
    Seward has the Sea Life Center to check out and the Kenai Fjords Glacier cruises.
    Always had better fishing in Homer and Deep Creek but either way you will have a blast.
    Good luck on your trip.

Since you want to catch rockfish, I would suggest an overnight halibut trip that allows you to catch two limits of halibut and get out farther. I have left out of Homer and gone around the Barren Islands to find good jigging for ling cod and rockfish. You will have no trouble finding halibut along the way. Spending the night in one of the coves is a sweet option if you find the right captain and tides. I try to get together with some friends and try to make this trip every few years.
    If you need some contacts for a great guide for the Kenai and Kasilof rivers, who happens to be an excellent bowhunter, let me know . . .

Have fun . . . I have the veterinary hospital on the Sterling Hwy just as you enter Soldotna. Have fun and good luck!
    2012 Elite Answer, Quad Pro Rest, FMJ 400, Slick Trick 125 gr standards & magnum, Axcel sight, Tight Spot quiver