Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52

Thread: 2012 Northern Region Outdoor Championship/Duel in the Cornfield

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Back Home in Indiana.
    Posts
    1,506

    2012 Northern Region Outdoor Championship/Duel in the Cornfield

    Hi Everyone!

    It's that time of year again to prepare for the 2012 Northern Region Outdoor Championship/Duel in the Cornfield, to be held August 4th and 5th at Iroquois Archery Club, in Rensselaer, Indiana.

    The event will be 2 - 70 Meter format-720 Rounds with appropriate distances for Masters Ladies and JOAD Classes below Junior.

    We will not have any trouble filling the venue, and dating on entry envelopes will be used as the deciding factor in the event of over-booking.

    If you haven't received an entry, and would like one, please PM me with your name, and email address, so I can email you one.

    PLEASE NOTE: Deadline for entries is July 14th, but this still doesn't guarantee a spot, as spacing is limited, so enter early.

    Thanks

    JC

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    7,598
    Send me one, Jason. I'll bring it to the Double 900 in Columbus if you're going to be there.

    Howard
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Back Home in Indiana.
    Posts
    1,506
    All requests for entry forms have been sent...................keep em coming. At this rate, it'll fill up by Memorial Day.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,933
    This has become a must shoot on my list. It is extremely well run, ideal for scoring (natural wind blocks), friendly hosts and a BBQ, that alone is worth the trip.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Back Home in Indiana.
    Posts
    1,506

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Back Home in Indiana.
    Posts
    1,506
    Once again................time to this thread.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    22,097
    The three of us plan on attending. Hoping "the squid" can set yet another regional outdoor record after brutalizing the bowman record two years ago.

    its a good field for a smaller kid like him since the trees block wind
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
    TARGETWORLD/HOYT Staff Shooter
    Proud CEO of Cincinnati Junior Olympians-the first JOAD CLUB
    I buy from BCY

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    7,598
    Back to the top...

    Registration already sent in...
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..

  9. #9
    Hi Jason,

    Please send me an entry form so I can shoot it again this year. Had a great time last year and want to do it again. My name is Tom Booth and my email address is: tmbooth5246@att.net

    Thanks much and looking forward to seeing you in July!

    Tom

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Back Home in Indiana.
    Posts
    1,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Shooter View Post
    Hi Jason,

    Please send me an entry form so I can shoot it again this year. Had a great time last year and want to do it again. My name is Tom Booth and my email address is: tmbooth5246@att.net

    Thanks much and looking forward to seeing you in July!

    Tom
    Thanks Tom.......................see you this Summer....................

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Back Home in Indiana.
    Posts
    1,506

    Corn update!!

    Just an FYI for all you Northern BBQ buffs......................the sweet corn for the BBQ is in the ground!!! We're usually not lucky enough to have the timing where sweet corn is in season, but we lucked out this year, and barring no straight line winds, it'll be great. I spent the better part of yesterday planting 12 perfect rows, with approximately 40 to 50 kernals planted in each row. After sharing with my neighbors & friends, I'll still be bringing up around 300++ ears of Pioneer Bodacious Hybrid Yellow Sweet Corn to enjoy at our BBQ. It'll almost be like the old days when we had the Northern Corn Roast......................... ..ahh memories.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    4,433
    I'll be there, and maybe with a few new faces.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Back Home in Indiana.
    Posts
    1,506
    Uh Oh............................ .....better this to the top. Registrations are coming in, and the corn is coming up.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    4,433
    registration is sent, now I'll officially be there. There is talk about having a half field round afterwards on Saturday. $5 buy in, blind team draws, highest score kept like Redding, cash pay outs. It's just going to be a fun round with a little $$$ incentive. It's not official or anything, just something being thrown around.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Back Home in Indiana.
    Posts
    1,506
    Quote Originally Posted by AT_X_HUNTER View Post
    registration is sent, now I'll officially be there. There is talk about having a half field round afterwards on Saturday. $5 buy in, blind team draws, highest score kept like Redding, cash pay outs. It's just going to be a fun round with a little $$$ incentive. It's not official or anything, just something being thrown around.
    They should like that.................it'll get you good and hungry for their BBQ

  16. #16
    PM sent

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Back Home in Indiana.
    Posts
    1,506

    Lodging and Camping

    Remember everyone-Holiday Inn Express is the Host Motel, so please ask for Northern Region Pricing when making reservations.

    219-866-7111

    If you're pulling an RV-Caboose Lake Campground is the Host Campground, so don't forget to ask for Northern Region Pricing when making reservations or when arriving. This authorization is through Chris the Owner.

    http://www.cabooselake.com/

    Primitive camping only is available at the club.

    http://iroquoisarcheryclub.com/

    Thanks!!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    7,598
    Quote Originally Posted by AT_X_HUNTER View Post
    registration is sent, now I'll officially be there. There is talk about having a half field round afterwards on Saturday. $5 buy in, blind team draws, highest score kept like Redding, cash pay outs. It's just going to be a fun round with a little $$$ incentive. It's not official or anything, just something being thrown around.
    Quote Originally Posted by titanium man View Post
    They should like that.................it'll get you good and hungry for their BBQ
    I heard about that. It should be fun.

    Hey, Jason, how many slots still open? I need to twist a couple arms down here.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Back Home in Indiana.
    Posts
    1,506
    There is still time.....................I'm sure the week after Nationals it'll start to get crazy. I took this next week off just to rest, and enjoy some relaxation while I finish the final preparations for this years tournament.

    Big plans and positive changes for next years event, so you better be at the Northern Meeting. Hint: The changes will increase spacing with very little change in format. I think most people will be happy with it.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    7,598
    Quote Originally Posted by titanium man View Post
    There is still time.....................I'm sure the week after Nationals it'll start to get crazy. I took this next week off just to rest, and enjoy some relaxation while I finish the final preparations for this years tournament.

    Big plans and positive changes for next years event, so you better be at the Northern Meeting. Hint: The changes will increase spacing with very little change in format. I think most people will be happy with it.
    Spacing, schmacing...we're all a close knit group... See you there...

    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..


  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Back Home in Indiana.
    Posts
    1,506
    Two weeks until the deadline.................so this will probably be the last reminder.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    7,598
    Bump again...
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Posts
    1,139
    Dee and I got our registrations sent in. Looking forward to it
    A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Back Home in Indiana.
    Posts
    1,506
    Quote Originally Posted by sstarnes View Post
    Dee and I got our registrations sent in. Looking forward to it

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Mason OH
    Posts
    899
    SO, After fridays nasty STRAIGHT LINE WINDS, how's the mouth watering corn doing? Fingers crossed, no destruction!
    Quote Originally Posted by titanium man View Post
    Just an FYI for all you Northern BBQ buffs......................the sweet corn for the BBQ is in the ground!!! We're usually not lucky enough to have the timing where sweet corn is in season, but we lucked out this year, and barring no straight line winds, it'll be great. I spent the better part of yesterday planting 12 perfect rows, with approximately 40 to 50 kernals planted in each row. After sharing with my neighbors & friends, I'll still be bringing up around 300++ ears of Pioneer Bodacious Hybrid Yellow Sweet Corn to enjoy at our BBQ. It'll almost be like the old days when we had the Northern Corn Roast......................... ..ahh memories.
    Archery is about life, it is not about the you and me, it is about lessons, and practice, and perseverance, and shooting when you don't want to, or shooting when you can't hit the broad side of a barn!

    Half of winning an archery tournament is showing up, the other half is shooting well!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •