Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Northern Region Outdoor Championship/Duel in the Cornfield

2012 Northern Region Outdoor Championship/Duel in the Cornfield

Hi Everyone!

It's that time of year again to prepare for the 2012 Northern Region Outdoor Championship/Duel in the Cornfield, to be held August 4th and 5th at Iroquois Archery Club, in Rensselaer, Indiana.

The event will be 2 - 70 Meter format-720 Rounds with appropriate distances for Masters Ladies and JOAD Classes below Junior.

We will not have any trouble filling the venue, and dating on entry envelopes will be used as the deciding factor in the event of over-booking.

If you haven't received an entry, and would like one, please PM me with your name, and email address, so I can email you one.

PLEASE NOTE: Deadline for entries is July 14th, but this still doesn't guarantee a spot, as spacing is limited, so enter early.

Thanks

JC

Send me one, Jason. I'll bring it to the Double 900 in Columbus if you're going to be there.

Howard
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..

All requests for entry forms have been sent...................keep em coming. At this rate, it'll fill up by Memorial Day.

This has become a must shoot on my list. It is extremely well run, ideal for scoring (natural wind blocks), friendly hosts and a BBQ, that alone is worth the trip.

Once again................time to this thread.

The three of us plan on attending. Hoping "the squid" can set yet another regional outdoor record after brutalizing the bowman record two years ago.

its a good field for a smaller kid like him since the trees block wind
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
    TARGETWORLD/HOYT Staff Shooter
    Proud CEO of Cincinnati Junior Olympians-the first JOAD CLUB
    I buy from BCY

Back to the top...

Registration already sent in...
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..

Hi Jason,

Please send me an entry form so I can shoot it again this year. Had a great time last year and want to do it again. My name is Tom Booth and my email address is: tmbooth5246@att.net

Thanks much and looking forward to seeing you in July!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Shooter View Post
    Hi Jason,

Please send me an entry form so I can shoot it again this year. Had a great time last year and want to do it again. My name is Tom Booth and my email address is: tmbooth5246@att.net

Thanks much and looking forward to seeing you in July!

Tom
    Thanks Tom.......................see you this Summer....................

Corn update!!

Just an FYI for all you Northern BBQ buffs......................the sweet corn for the BBQ is in the ground!!! We're usually not lucky enough to have the timing where sweet corn is in season, but we lucked out this year, and barring no straight line winds, it'll be great. I spent the better part of yesterday planting 12 perfect rows, with approximately 40 to 50 kernals planted in each row. After sharing with my neighbors & friends, I'll still be bringing up around 300++ ears of Pioneer Bodacious Hybrid Yellow Sweet Corn to enjoy at our BBQ. It'll almost be like the old days when we had the Northern Corn Roast......................... ..ahh memories.

I'll be there, and maybe with a few new faces.

Uh Oh............................ .....better this to the top. Registrations are coming in, and the corn is coming up.

registration is sent, now I'll officially be there. There is talk about having a half field round afterwards on Saturday. $5 buy in, blind team draws, highest score kept like Redding, cash pay outs. It's just going to be a fun round with a little $$$ incentive. It's not official or anything, just something being thrown around.

Quote Originally Posted by AT_X_HUNTER View Post
    registration is sent, now I'll officially be there. There is talk about having a half field round afterwards on Saturday. $5 buy in, blind team draws, highest score kept like Redding, cash pay outs. It's just going to be a fun round with a little $$$ incentive. It's not official or anything, just something being thrown around.
    They should like that.................it'll get you good and hungry for their BBQ

PM sent

Lodging and Camping

Remember everyone-Holiday Inn Express is the Host Motel, so please ask for Northern Region Pricing when making reservations.

219-866-7111

If you're pulling an RV-Caboose Lake Campground is the Host Campground, so don't forget to ask for Northern Region Pricing when making reservations or when arriving. This authorization is through Chris the Owner.

http://www.cabooselake.com/

Primitive camping only is available at the club.

http://iroquoisarcheryclub.com/

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by AT_X_HUNTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by titanium man View Post
    They should like that.................it'll get you good and hungry for their BBQ
    I heard about that. It should be fun.

Hey, Jason, how many slots still open? I need to twist a couple arms down here.

There is still time.....................I'm sure the week after Nationals it'll start to get crazy. I took this next week off just to rest, and enjoy some relaxation while I finish the final preparations for this years tournament.

Big plans and positive changes for next years event, so you better be at the Northern Meeting. Hint: The changes will increase spacing with very little change in format. I think most people will be happy with it.

There is still time.....................I'm sure the week after Nationals it'll start to get crazy. I took this next week off just to rest, and enjoy some relaxation while I finish the final preparations for this years tournament.

Big plans and positive changes for next years event, so you better be at the Northern Meeting. Hint: The changes will increase spacing with very little change in format. I think most people will be happy with it.
    Spacing, schmacing...we're all a close knit group... See you there...

Two weeks until the deadline.................so this will probably be the last reminder.

Bump again...

Dee and I got our registrations sent in. Looking forward to it
    A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child.

Quote Originally Posted by sstarnes View Post
    Dee and I got our registrations sent in. Looking forward to it

SO, After fridays nasty STRAIGHT LINE WINDS, how's the mouth watering corn doing? Fingers crossed, no destruction!
    Just an FYI for all you Northern BBQ buffs......................the sweet corn for the BBQ is in the ground!!! We're usually not lucky enough to have the timing where sweet corn is in season, but we lucked out this year, and barring no straight line winds, it'll be great. I spent the better part of yesterday planting 12 perfect rows, with approximately 40 to 50 kernals planted in each row. After sharing with my neighbors & friends, I'll still be bringing up around 300++ ears of Pioneer Bodacious Hybrid Yellow Sweet Corn to enjoy at our BBQ. It'll almost be like the old days when we had the Northern Corn Roast......................... ..ahh memories.
    Archery is about life, it is not about the you and me, it is about lessons, and practice, and perseverance, and shooting when you don't want to, or shooting when you can't hit the broad side of a barn!

Half of winning an archery tournament is showing up, the other half is shooting well!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast