a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bow Fishing Bow

Bow Fishing Bow

Is there any thread here for Fishing Bow? Thinking of trying bow fishing and not ready to spend $$$$ on a new bow...if i like it then i will buy a new one...Thanks

Not sure which one is best, Darton has one in their flyer all dolled out with reel and arrow.
    Darton Pro 3800, HHA 5019, Muzzy zero-effect
    Darton DS 4500, Axcel 4500, HHA scope, Limbdriver pro
    Bow Time Machine
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

My first bow for fishing was a $60.00 whitetail compound pawn shop special. Worked great! Throw on a reel and rest and go shoot some carp!
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPX 60X Strings, B-Stinger, Trophy Ridge Judge, QAD HDX, 28" DL, 70lb, 405 gn. Easton Epic, 311 FPS

IMO no need for a new bow for bowfishing. In fact I prefer a older two cam bow with smooth cams and 50 to 65% letoff. A little longer axle to axle bow about 45lbs is perfect in my eyes.
    And you will like it.
    Energy 35 Max1 and Pulse Ninja because they work for me Waiting on a Ninja Victory

Have you shot your bow today?

the best bow fishing rigs are recurves. if you can find a cheap recurve in a pawn shop you will be set. the only reason my bow fishing rig is a compound is because it is one of my old hunting bows. i didn't have to buy another bow but i would trade it for a recurve any day for bow fishing.
    2014 Bear Agenda 7
    - Spot Hogg Hogg-It Wrapped 5 Pin Sight
    - Trophy Ridge Revolution 2.0 Rest
    - Trophy Ridge 9" Static Stab /w Doinker QD
    - Trophy Ridge Arrow Cage Quiver

Try and find an older Oneida. They are a perfect bow fishing bow in my opinion.
    I shoot bows. All kinds of bows.

My opinions are MY OPINIONS. Take them for what they are worth.

No way I'd spend money for a new bowfishing setup...hop on your local craigslist, find a older bow for cheap in 40-50 DW, install a reel and go bowfishing. Those older bows are a dime a dozen for $50-$100.
    Infinity Bowtech Experience 308fps@30.5" 382 gr. GT Velocity

Slick Trick Mags/Grim Reaper
    Ripcord SOS, HHA 5510, Tru-fire Hardcore Max

Thanks!!!

the new darton may be the best deal going , nice bow and if i recall correctly under $300,,, pse kingfisher recurve kit is under 150

My Hunter Indian is my fish bow. It was free and it's durable like a pig's nose. Another plus is it's low arrow speed, so I don't destroy gear in the shallows, where the carp hide.

Used oneidas make great bowfishing bows. For more bowfishing info I would look at bowfishingcountry.coms site. Lots of info and used bows for sale of all kinds.

We have a bowfishing forum right here http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=42
    Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.

Im using a 50 lb samick sage with an ams pro retriever now seems to work good and i shoot off the shelf no need to spend money on a rest. I paid 200 for the complete set up.

I agree with an older Onieda. In compounds, I prefer long axle to axle bows to reduce finger pinch. I just don't understand why all these dedicated bowfishing bows they're coming out with now like the Darton, AMS, etc. are so short. I currently use an old Hoyt Aspen and it works well.

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man." - Jack Handey

You don't need a brand new bow for bowfishing. I started with my old hunting bow - I've since upgraded to a bowfishing bow since I'm completely addicted and spend waaayyy too much time on the water in the summer, but that worked just fine. The only thing I would strongly recommend is an AMS retreiver. It'll cost you roughly $70 but it's easy to use & very durable. Check craigslist for those as well. good luck & have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Snood Slapper View Post
    I agree with an older Onieda. In compounds, I prefer long axle to axle bows to reduce finger pinch. I just don't understand why all these dedicated bowfishing bows they're coming out with now like the Darton, AMS, etc. are so short. I currently use an old Hoyt Aspen and it works well.
    I have a Micro Midas 3. It is very short, but I wade in rivers and banks and it is impossible to shoot good if the bottom limb is in the water. Could be one reason they are short, to try and suit everyone. My opinion only.
    Wham-O Power Master.
    Daco wood shaft arrows.
    Roper’s Indian Arrowheads.
    Hope to upgrade someday.

why do you prefer a longer axel to axel legnth?

Wouldn't you want a shorter bow so you don't hit the lower limb or cam on the side of the boat?

Longer tip to tip higher brace height more forgiving and less finger pinch I see many bowfisherman prefer. Also sell many bows over in europe and the finger shooters there prefer the longer bows with higher brace heights

PSE Discovery 2, No let off so you can snap shoot it like a recurve, up to 30" draw so anyone can pick it up and shoot fish! Great Quality, and for $169 Brand New it a tuff deal to beat!!! I always have one or two on the boat at all times!
    -)))----ScotTuned Archery LLC---->>
    Specializing in Custom Bow Tuning & Bowfishing Equipment
    RPM Bowfishing ProStaff
    Hot Shot ProStaff

Is that discovery 169 bare bow?? And do u have any in stock?

fishhawks are terrible dont buy them

can i put more than 35 yds in my ams reel or does any one know?? i have a place that has a ton of fish but long shots!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavidbeebe View Post
    can i put more than 35 yds in my ams reel or does any one know?? i have a place that has a ton of fish but long shots!
    You can buy the large relacement bottle.

The Large Replacement Bottle holds twice as much line as our regular bottle, has UV tint that protects the line from sunlight, and has longer threads on the neck for better stability. This new design was developed mid-2008. Older Retrievers (1/2” thread) will need to have a new bottle cap also. (Tie-off button, washer, and cap sold separately).

i have a ben pearson 45lb recurve with new string and no gloves for sale $65

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast