Thread: Anyone Draw a good tag this Year?

Anyone Draw a good tag this Year?

I struck out this year and my buddies did too. Ive had good luck in the past but this year Im huntin local. Anyone else have luck??
    Strother Archery, Vortex Optics, Trophy Taker rests, Montana Black Gold, Scott Releases, Predator Camoflage, Horn Hunter packs, Sitka Gear

Pretty tough with the elk tags this year, I dont know anyone that drew a special elk tag.

But, I drew the Bridgers (312-50) mule deer tag. I know its a tough unit to hunt and the numbers are down from where they were in the past, but im excited to hunt close to town and learn a new area. I am excited to scout all summer and hopefully find a decent one to go after
    "The history of the bow and the arrow is the history of mankind" -Fred Bear

Drew an Elk for 401-15 clsoe to home but tough hunting.. First Archery Elk hunt so will be lots of fun...

I know of more strike outs this year than Anything.... little hard to swallow for guys that have been drawing 1st or Second choice archery tags for over a decade, know guys that didn't draw first choice in the same unit that 4 guys drew second choice. Couple units that were near 80% draw on second choice and no one draws (12 I know of). Something went wrong with the drawings this year from what I have heard and seen.... but we'll never hear about it and the FWP will just cover it up.
    The good news, I have an excuse to be in the mountains around here more scouting instead of at home doing chores and honey-do's
    Team PSE Pro staff
    60x Strings
    Vortex Optics, Ripcord Rests, Black Gold Sights
    Buffalo Jump Archery

AZ unit 27 archery

Strike on archery elk permit here as well!!
    TRU-FLIGHT CUSTOM ARROWS LLC
    Dealer for the following great products: Victory, Black Eagle Arrows, Harvest Time, Bohning, Spot-Hogg, Trophy Taker, Muzzy, Vantage Point, S4 Gear, Blacks Creek Guide Gear, Rip-Cord,
    ASAT CAMO, Vendetta Stabilizers, MT. Black Gold
    NEW BREED STAFF

So I went to FWP office today to drop off my Moose/Sheep/Goat app... they happened to have the draw stats for this year. I am completely amazed by the changes in applicants in many units... Over an 800 app swing in one unit and a 400 applicant drop in the neighboring unit has me scratching my head, obviously too many bowhunters had the same idea this year. Another "trophy archery unit" the applicants almost doubled this year. Another archery unit that used to be around 95-100% draw on second choice went down to 77%. The most sought after elk tag in Montana saw a 1000 applicant drop... just a weird year I guess???
    Team PSE Pro staff
    60x Strings
    Buffalo Jump Archery

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get an Iowa deer tag this year!!! Lucky me. I think I'll wait til September to go get it though.
    Owner: **Precision Tune ** When good enough just ain't good enough!

My brother in law has a buddy with family in Colorodo. They have alot of property with access to some PRIME high country. Have taken a feww 200 inch muleys there with the biggest at over 230".
    He got invited to go there this year..........I HATE HIM! He always seems to find the right people, and the animals always seem to find him. Really lucky guy!
    Strother Archery, Vortex Optics, Trophy Taker rests, Montana Black Gold, Scott Releases, Predator Camoflage, Horn Hunter packs, Sitka Gear

Heck yeah! I happened to draw a coveted area S51 Colorado sheep tag! Man I'm stoked!!!
    Jeff Helsley
    GoldTip Arrows,Doinker Stabs, Hamskea Rests, Axcel Sights, T.R.U. Ball Releases

Found out last night that my best friend's dad drew the elkhorns, he didn't know until Monday.... Had forgot to check! So now I at least will have an opportunity to go chase the bulls up there for the first time in over a decade, should be fun calling and should be able to get some pretty cool video.
    Team PSE Pro staff
    60x Strings
    Buffalo Jump Archery

I heard they were still calling pretty good in the eh last year. I never bother applying in there though because of competing with land owner preference and all the people all over the state that try for it.

I made the mistake of applying at the fwp office a day before the last day. The line up went out the front door. However the online application process was so messed up I didn't dare risk it
    2012 NBA Eclipse 70/30 Reverse AT,
    2011 K&K Vindroid 70/30.25 Ninja......Vinicator+Centroid Cams
    MBG Flashpoint RedZone HD 7 pin .010's QAD HD and/or NAP Apache micro tune
    Scott little goose Axis 300 Nanos w/ 125gr Spitfires or Montecs