Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What bow to get for my wife?

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRoo View Post
    I will do this, we have a couple shops around, I was just hoping to narrow down the amount she looks at haha! Thanks everyone for the recomendations and please keep them coming!
    I wouldn't try to narrow it down!! You never know if you could possibly exclude a bow that is 'perfect'!

@HUNTNH - you can make any bow "girlie" with accessories. So she shouldn't feel she needs a woman's bow. Making sure the bow fits her is what is important! The Jewel is a great bow, very quiet and light weight.
    LH Mathews Heli-m, 26" 53lb, GoldTip 3555, AAE pro drop rest, Axcel sight, Dead Center stablizer, T.R.U. Ball Baby HT release.
    LH Mathews MR6 26" 51lbs, CXL Pro 150s, AAE Pro drop rest, CBE sight, Dead Center stabilizer, T.R.U. Ball Outlaw Release

Guess I'll be the first to say if you find an Elite dealer, have her try an Elite...I shoot an Elite Hunter with 25" DL. She needs to shoot as many bows as possible though and decide what she likes.
    ~2011 Elite Hunter RT AP 25" DL, 52/53 lb, QAD HDX, CJ Mark I, Beman ICS Hunter 500s~
    ~2013 Elite Hunter Black Riser/Snow Camo Limbs 25.5" DL, 50lb-ish , VT Limbdriver Pro, Black Gold Widowmaker, GT Velocity XT 500s~
    ~Trails Cams: P32, P41, S40, SpyPoint IR5~

I have the perfect bow for her...Razor Edge package with 5 150 carbon express arrows fletched pink and white and a new package of thunderhead broadheads in 85 grain. $350 for all OBO! 003.JPG

start her off with something thats going to be a pleasure to shoot, nice easy draw with a great speed for shorter draws. New Breed Genetix. You can buy a new one for just a little above that amount.

@ HUNTNH- why does she want a "women's" bow? You can make any bow look girly by what you put on it. I just ordered a 2012 Carbon Element with pink and orange string. But if she is stuck on getting a women's bow and if she likes hoyt have her try the vixion. Had I not been able to test shoot the element that would have been my choice. I like the jewel also but it seemed a little top heavy for my liking. Best thing to go is take her to a shop that carries a multitude of different brands and let her shoot EVERYTHING she can get her hands on. Every bow is different as is every person. I could draw the Element at 45 lbs but the jewel only to 44.
    Good luck to her. Her bow will find her

I am upgrading to the Mathews Jewel, but I dearly love my Passion. It is great for target shooting and hunting and I've bagged pronghorn, bear, whitetail and prairie dogs. My Passion is for sale....it's a 40-50 lb draw, rh and 27 in draw. Let me know if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by girlybowhunter View Post
    I have the perfect bow for her...Razor Edge package with 5 150 carbon express arrows fletched pink and white and a new package of thunderhead broadheads in 85 grain. $350 for all OBO! 003.JPG
    thats a sweet bow and a great beginers bow. my gf has the same model and color with upgrades.
    cant go wrong at that price.
    buy the bow and get arrows and bhs for free.
    bump
    Bowtech Insanity,25.5" dl, 60# dw , Carbon Express Blue streaks @ 285fps, with Grim Reaper hybrids.
    HHA OL 5019 sight 4x lens and clarifier , Nap Apache, bling sling , Torqueless sideplates
    truglo stab with bowjax dampners , bowjax limb dampners and custom riser dampners .

JEWEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bot for my wife Craze by Mathews she won couple of tournaments she loved that bow till she put her hands on Jewel.Do not make mistakes brother good lock)

Bowtech Heartbreaker !!!!! Can't go wrong with it
    2014 Elite E32 Ninja
    26.5 in. 70 lbs.
    Beman ICS 400, NAP Killzone 100 gr. broadheads
    QAD HDX, Scott Exxus

So what has she shot so far?
    LH Mathews Heli-m, 26" 53lb, GoldTip 3555, AAE pro drop rest, Axcel sight, Dead Center stablizer, T.R.U. Ball Baby HT release.
    LH Mathews MR6 26" 51lbs, CXL Pro 150s, AAE Pro drop rest, CBE sight, Dead Center stabilizer, T.R.U. Ball Outlaw Release

I think that you should def check out the Quest line. I shoot the Rogue and I love it. Several women I know are shooting the Torch but it was too small for me since I have a 28 inch draw and I pull back close to 60 pounds. Def worth checking into. They are very affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoswifey View Post
    Look at Athens bows- depending on her draw length and preferred axle to axle, they have a complete line of bows to fit her. I owned a Bowtech Heartbreaker before I got my Athens bows. In the Bowtech, it was all I could do to pull 42 lbs. My Athens set at 48 feels like so much less. I shoot an Accomplice 34 for hunting and an Exceed 300 for 3D. A lot of women shoot the Ibex model- it is shorter ATA, and can go down to a 24.5 inch draw. These bows are ridiculously smooth and very fast. The grip fits well in my hand, and the bow isn't too heavy for me, but it is heavy enough that it doesn't feel like a toy.
    What kind of speeds you getting out of your athens? Starting to really consider their Exceed 300. It will have to pull double duty for a little while but buddy shoots one and loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malbubbles View Post
    What kind of speeds you getting out of your athens? Starting to really consider their Exceed 300. It will have to pull double duty for a little while but buddy shoots one and loves it.
    My Exceed is 281 at 50 lbs, 27" draw. I love this bow. I also have an Accomplice 34. Getting same speed with the target arrows I use in the Exceed. With my hunting arrows I am at 256 in the Accomplice, haven't shot them in my Exceed. Personally, I like the grip on the Exceed better. Very thin, target style grip. Feels great in my hand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12