a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Hey everyone! We've got a new member

cool, I'd never be able to do that kind of steady hand work.
    the only kind of stuff I do that requires a steady hand is when I build the plastic model cars, then you gotta have a steady hand for the fine little details like painting the door handles and shift knobs and other little stuff like that, but it's fun.
    and the one thing I do for vehicle appearance is I like to detail cars and I am good at it. it wont take nothing for me to wax a truck in an afternoon and it look amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by goalie27 View Post
    i like steady hand work because i love art and try to go as slow as possible....... but i wanna be either a vet or a teacher so who knows.....

thats random!
    Elite Z28 Snow 65#: Easton Bowfire, Muzzy, Qad, Black Gold, X-factor
    Elite Energy 35:Elite Ultra rest, black gold, easton injexion, x-factor
    Elite Answer *ninja*: QAD, Black Gold, Injexion, Muzzy
    Elite Energy 32 80#

same here. the only time I'd gun hunt is if its time to kill something which may be 1 afternoon hunt out of the whole deer season, but I love bowhunting and its so much fun. gun hunting to me isnt any fun no more for me, its just not that challenging. now I wouldnt mind trying to shoot a deer with an iron sight pistol. my .44 mag is itching to kill something
    althoug when I'm out elk hunting and theres a bear coming at me I'll set the bow down and bring out the .44 mag and make sure he dont try to kill me lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by arhoythunter View Post
    I love bowhuntin! I don't evengun hunt no more!
    Elite Energy 32 80#

i like using my hands, i understand better if i can hold it!

i live in a waterfowl hunting family so guns are normally a must! but i've been trying to get into bow hunting during deer season!

Normally? Try always
    Yeah, I saw that movie about the little deer, but I got over it.
    Hoyt Contender. Easton X10 stablilzer & Doinker V-bars
    Sword Titan Sight. Gold Tip Ultralight 500s.
    Stan Shootoff release. Lizard tongue rest

ya I can definitely understand when hunting waterfowl. you ought to try it like Chris Brackett and shoot pheasants and doves and quail with a bow with the full size feathers on the arrows so when you shoot it up in the air they dont go very far. it'd be a challenge for sure lol!

well when you mechanic all you use is your hands, them and your brain, your sense of touch/feel, hearing and vision are your most important tools when mechanicing. ya you got to use wrenches and what not but you have to use your hands and you definitely gotta fell when you're trying to start a bolt into a thread by hand and one you cant see the threads where the bolt goes which is aggravating lol!
    i like using my hands, i understand better if i can hold it!

i live in a waterfowl hunting family so guns are normally a must! but i've been trying to get into bow hunting during deer season!
    Elite Energy 32 80#

I've thought that that would be fun, but its been a whiles sense i've gone pheasant hunting..... it is fun though!

I know i wanna do something with animals because i love them! although trucks are cool and it wouldnt be bad to know how they work!

ya you'd be better off being a veterinarian, you'd probably get bored from mechanicing idk. but one things for sure is that you can always learn the basics of stuff like that. like changing the oil, changing all the fluids/lubricants in the vehicle like putting new coolant in the radiator, draining and putting new transmission fluid in the vehicle, changing the lubricant in the differential(s), if a 4wd the front differential and also the transfer case (what activates it mechanically into 4wd. and then doing simple brake service like replacing the brake pads and if it had drum brakes on the rear doing the same with it but maybe having to adjust them every once in a while. it sounds kinda confusing on all of that somewhat but all that stuff except the brakes is simply removing a drain plug bolt, letting it drain out, then put the bolt back in, and unscrew another one or a fill cap of some sort to put new fluid in it. some things like the transmission on an automatic you usually have to drop the whole drain pan to it so you can replace the filter that automatic transmission have in them, then buying a new gasket for that drain pan and putting it back on it. but you usually only service the fluid in transmissions every 30k miles I'm not sure but its not near as often as changing the oil, and the same goes for the differentials and the transfer case and the radiator coolant, which I think coolant is every year or 2 that it should be replaced with new coolant.

haha I've never been pheasant hunting. the only bird hunting I've ever done is turkey hunting, all else critters I hunt are on 4 legs and the occasional sasquatch lol jk I dont believe in that kind of stuff.
    I've thought that that would be fun, but its been a whiles sense i've gone pheasant hunting..... it is fun though!

I know i wanna do something with animals because i love them! although trucks are cool and it wouldnt be bad to know how they work!
    Elite Energy 32 80#

ive changed the oil in my bros truck before (well i filled it back up) so if i ever have a truck question i should ask you?

ive never shot while hunting, i usually watch.... i close my eyes when i shoot a gun, dont know why it just happens....

yep please send me a PM if you got any questions and if I dont know the answer (which I should know it) I can easily find it out.
    right now me and Randy (the guy teaching me) are working on a little Ford Ranger needing a bunch of front end work done to it, its a lot of work but I'm enjoying it. although I cant ever seem to go home without looking like I tried to get filthy, my next goal is 2morrow when we finish that truck for me not to get all dirty except my hands, and not all my clothes and not all my face either lol!
    Elite Energy 32 80#

ok, i will! i gotta say sometimes i enjoy getting dirty! like in soccer when im goalie i enjoy diving and getting soaked and covered and when i helped my dad put in some wood duck blinds at his hunting farm and i was completely covered in mud when i was done! i dont even try! it would be fun to work on a truck though!

I gotta make one for me and a couple buddies I guess
    Hoyt Alphamax 32 70@28
    Sword Apex 3rd plane 1.5
    Ripcord code red
    Easton full metal jacket (446 grains total setup)
    Rage Hypodermic Broadheads and slick trick magnums

a duck box?

Some of them too I guess
    Hoyt Alphamax 32 70@28
    Sword Apex 3rd plane 1.5
    Ripcord code red

they are cool

hahaha ya I dont care if I get dirty but I try not to get all filthy when I'm working on vehicles mostly because I got to get back in that vehicle afterwards so I got to make sure my butt and my back arent covered in grease or dirt.. yep for me its pretty fun working on vehicles as long as they arent a pain in the butt to get to something or one side of this certain part has this size bolt but the other side of the same kind of part has another size bolt which happens on some cars. and nowadays cars have so many emmisions junk that its partially confusing when you look at the engine cause you got so many emmisions parts, but once you work on one specific vehicle a few times or do something on it a few separate times then its as easy as brushing your teeth since you've dont that specfic job so many times.
    ok, i will! i gotta say sometimes i enjoy getting dirty! like in soccer when im goalie i enjoy diving and getting soaked and covered and when i helped my dad put in some wood duck blinds at his hunting farm and i was completely covered in mud when i was done! i dont even try! it would be fun to work on a truck though!
    Elite Energy 32 80#

im gonna pretend i know what you just said there! haha! but i think i get the gist of what your saying! what would you say your favorite kind of car/ truck to work on is? im a fan of older cars myself, but mainly how they look, ive never looked under the hood!

well I prefer older vehicles to work on because theyre simple, you got a motor and a battery and thats it as far as mechanical goes, no computers or if they do theyre pretty easy to understand. although most problems with todays vehicles can be found out by plugging in a code reader into it and then it will show a code that you can look up in a book to find out what the problem is.

for example my truck (1994 chevy k1500) had the service engine soon light come on. I can take a small wire and under my dash is a plug (not the regular kind lol) that I can put one end of the wire in the ground section of the plug and the other end in a certain slot of that plug. then I can turn my key on, and the service engine soon light will flash a certain sequence which is the trouble code. for example if it flashes once, hesitates, then flashes twice in a row, that means its 23. Then I get my Haynes repair manual out which has the codes and what theyre for in the book and that certain code for example would mean the EGR valve has some sort of problem. then to clearn the code you just disconnect the battery for half a minute. all vehicles are different and all of them nowdays you use a code reader to plug into that plug to find out what it is.

I dont like working on super big vehicles because then the stuff gets really heavy. a regular size truck tire is all I want to deal with having to mount on the vehicle.

now if you mean what I think is the coolest car I'd like to have. If I could get almost any vehicle out there that I'd like to own. I would want an older camaro, like a 1967-69, or a 1970 (redesigned from the older ones) camaro with either a 427 big block in it or a 383 stroker motor, both make some big horsepower but the 427 makes a good bit more, but in reality if I made one I'd save a good bit of money and go with the 383 stroker which can still easily make 450hp w/out a supercharger. Then I'd lower the car a very slight bit in the front to lower the center of gravity, put 4 wheel disc brakes on it for good stopping power, and give it some good sporty suspension. That kind of vehicle I can run great times on the quarter mile drag races, take it on a road course because it handles great too, and then still get decent enough gas mileage to drive it home and to cruise in it on weekends and it look really cool too.

and just about any vehicle with some nice sounding dual exhausts makes me turn my head to see what it is lol!
    im gonna pretend i know what you just said there! haha! but i think i get the gist of what your saying! what would you say your favorite kind of car/ truck to work on is? im a fan of older cars myself, but mainly how they look, ive never looked under the hood!
    Elite Energy 32 80#

Woohoo drove today!
    Hoyt Alphamax 32 70@28
    Sword Apex 3rd plane 1.5
    Ripcord code red

did you drive fast and fun?

well i know for sure i have no idea what you just said, but it sounded cool! i like my brothers old 1990 ford truck, it looks amazing and doesnt drive too bad!!!!!!!

haha thanks. I just want to drive an old muscle car for one afternoon. one of my dad's buddies has a 1968 camaro SS thats hugger orange w/black stripes on it. My dad is pretty certain thats it's a matching number car which means it has the original motor and everything in it, completely original and he doesnt drive it much at all. and he does the circle dirt track racing too and said he'd take me out there and get me hooked on dirt track racing (in cars not dirt bikes) and I'm pretty certain he'd let me drive his old camaro. we tried to go there today but he was out of town
    I like accelerating the most out of driving, making you get forced into the back of your seat and holding on to the steering wheel dor dear life lol!
    did you drive fast and fun?

well i know for sure i have no idea what you just said, but it sounded cool! i like my brothers old 1990 ford truck, it looks amazing and doesnt drive too bad!!!!!!!
    Elite Energy 32 80#

That sounds like so much fun! i wish i could drive fast and furious but those pesky speed limit signs always remind me to go the speed limit! haha! well i hope you get to drive on the dirt road at some point and go insanely fast! we took our dog up to kansas today to get trained! (she's a point lab!) it was a fun drive, but im gonna miss her until she gets back! did you know that you write alot?

yes I always tend to write really long messages, just usually do, then I try to keep it short and to the point on some messages lol!

yep I do want to be able to drive somewhere that I can just go as fast as I want to, but I've not been anyplace like that yet.

cool, we used to have labs, but they werent for hunting or anything. then we had a beagle to use for blood trailing but he ended up running away. now we just have a cat and no dogs but were fine w/it.
    That sounds like so much fun! i wish i could drive fast and furious but those pesky speed limit signs always remind me to go the speed limit! haha! well i hope you get to drive on the dirt road at some point and go insanely fast! we took our dog up to kansas today to get trained! (she's a point lab!) it was a fun drive, but im gonna miss her until she gets back! did you know that you write alot?
    Elite Energy 32 80#

it's fun to read your messages, you're so enthusiastic about trucks and stuff! XD

yea, there's no good place near were I live to drive really fast for a long period of time without it being on the high way! but i'll find a place sometime!

I have 3 dogs and they rock, but they're for hunting (well 2 are the other one is just fat and lazy) i dont know what i would do without a house full of animals!

haha well its just what I like to do, and I like to shoot bows too! I'm currently saving up for a 3-d set-up, an Elite Pure. I went and shot one a couple weeks ago and its a sweet shooting bow thats got the specs I want in a 3-d bow.

yep I havent found anywhere yet either but maybe 45 minutes from me theres a mud bogging place where they do mud racing, then I think they got dirt racing and an 1/8th mile drag strip there as well but I've never been there before. My dad used to go there all the time when he was a teen and hed do the mud racing and dirt racing (in a straight line). He had a black 1986 Chevy Scottsdale truck w/ a 6" lift on 35" tires unlike my truck w/ a 3" body lift and tires that are maybe a size larger than factory, I'm not into jacking trucks up, I'd rather make them go really fast lol!

haha yep my dad used to have dogs when he was a teen, they used them for hunting hogs so the dogs could find them and hold them down. then my dad would tie the hogs up and sell them.
    Elite Energy 32 80#

3-d is one of my favorite things to shoot, that and feta..... XD

theres no were close to me to shoot, but i'll find a place! i do have a place that could work, but i dont know if it would be legal for me to do it there or not....
    i dont know what that is but it sounds cool (the truck and car thing)

i love dogs! my dogs are loving and are always good company!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast