Thread: Recomendations for serving tool?

Recomendations for serving tool?

Looking for recommendations for a serving tool.I would like to start making endless loop strings for some vintage recurves. There are a LOT of choices for serving tools, and I don't know how to chose one. Are they all pretty much the same?What do you look for? I had an expensive learning curve with fletching jigs, until I acquired a Bitzenburger, so I would rather buy a quality , lifetime tool, once, and bypass the rest. Is there a Gold Standard for servers? Thanks, Mike.

i have a beiter a bear paw and emerald bobbin. beiter hands down bearpaw would be my second choice

another vote for the beiter
    $55 8190 String & Cable Set Sale http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2242766
    $100 Gift Card Monthly Giveaway http://www.60xcustomstrings.com/giveaway/
    Save 10% at www.60XCustomStrings.com with promo code AT10
    Ebay Store http://stores.ebay.com/60XCustomStrings
    Credit Cards 724-525-3972 Paypal info@60XCustomStrings.com

Beiter
    HOYT HAVOC-TEC,EXTREME RT900,DROP ZONE ,MUZZY 3 BLADE,ACC 3-49
    HOYT AM32,VIPER H1000,DROP ZONE ,MUZZY MX3 ,TROPHY RIDGE CRUSH 400

US Army 1981 - 1989

Beiter all the way! Don't even waste your money on any other serving jig. I bought the cheap ones at 1st and now they are all in the trash can.

The Bearpaw appears to be well made . Is the Beiter worth twice the price in the long run? I Know that the Bitz was been well worth the extra money spent! I don't see myself making more than one or two strings a month, but a quality tool is away a pleasure to use, well after the price is forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by crawford1 View Post
    Beiter all the way! Don't even waste your money on any other serving jig. I bought the cheap ones at 1st and now they are all in the trash can.
    O.K. Beiter it is! It's hard to argue with success !
    Any suggestion on where to get one ?

lancaster

so if i was to recommend a serving tool for use by hand, I would go for the beiter for sure.

If you are going to make compound strings more than once a year I would also look at motorized options - the outer limits system or a beiter in conjunction with nwspinner's system. i have both, and they both make string making quite a bit faster.

cheers

t.