Recomendations for serving tool?

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Recomendations for serving tool?

Looking for recommendations for a serving tool.I would like to start making endless loop strings for some vintage recurves. There are a LOT of choices for serving tools, and I don't know how to chose one. Are they all pretty much the same?What do you look for? I had an expensive learning curve with fletching jigs, until I acquired a Bitzenburger, so I would rather buy a quality , lifetime tool, once, and bypass the rest. Is there a Gold Standard for servers? Thanks, Mike.
    The currency of War is not money, but the lives of our sons and daughters. Spend wisely. -gnome
    Bear Ausable, Ω Imperial, +About 40 more, ALL left handed Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

i have a beiter a bear paw and emerald bobbin. beiter hands down bearpaw would be my second choice

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

another vote for the beiter
    $79.95 Bowstring & Cable Sets Hidden Content
    Save 10% at Hidden Content with promo code AT10
    Ebay Store Hidden Content
    Visit our Website Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Like us on Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Beiter

Beiter all the way! Don't even waste your money on any other serving jig. I bought the cheap ones at 1st and now they are all in the trash can.

The Bearpaw appears to be well made . Is the Beiter worth twice the price in the long run? I Know that the Bitz was been well worth the extra money spent! I don't see myself making more than one or two strings a month, but a quality tool is away a pleasure to use, well after the price is forgotten.
    The currency of War is not money, but the lives of our sons and daughters. Spend wisely. -gnome

Quote Originally Posted by crawford1 View Post
    Beiter all the way! Don't even waste your money on any other serving jig. I bought the cheap ones at 1st and now they are all in the trash can.
    O.K. Beiter it is! It's hard to argue with success !
    Any suggestion on where to get one ?

lancaster

so if i was to recommend a serving tool for use by hand, I would go for the beiter for sure.

If you are going to make compound strings more than once a year I would also look at motorized options - the outer limits system or a beiter in conjunction with nwspinner's system. i have both, and they both make string making quite a bit faster.

cheers

t.