a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Weak spine tear

Weak spine tear

What kind of tear should I get if I have an arrow with a weak spine? I thought the tear should be left or right. I am getting a terrible downward tear.

What kind of bow are you shooting ?
    Rigginuts

"Take away a mans dreams and you will take away his soul" me

I shoot a 2010 Quest Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by nthomp77 View Post
    I shoot a 2010 Quest Heat.
    First thing: Make sure your arrow is not lower than the berger holes and square to the string.
    Rigginuts

Second thing: make sure your center shot is correct - see manufacturer specs
    Rigginuts

I set the rest up with the arrow covering the top portion of the Berger hole. I think my center shot is good. I have a little left tear. The tear is a really bad downward tear.

Quote Originally Posted by nthomp77 View Post
    I set the rest up with the arrow covering the top portion of the Berger hole. I think my center shot is good. I have a little left tear. The tear is a really bad downward tear.
    What kind of rest are you using ? Did you check for arrow contact ?
    Rigginuts

sounds like the arrow might be having fletching contact, or possibly nock pinch

I have a NAP Apache rest. I do not see any marks on the vanes.

What is a good way to check for fleshing contact or notch pinch?

[QUOTE or possibly nock pinch[/QUOTE]

Did you check to see if your arrow has room to move as you draw your bow back ? you need at least 1/16"
    Rigginuts

You can check fletching clearance with a little lip stick on the leading edges of your vanes.
    Rigginuts

you should be able to move your nock inside of the d loop and have aleast 1/16th of clearance on top and bottom of nock, you can try turning the nock to rotate the fletchings to see if that helps or will have to spray aresol foot powder on vanes then shoot and see if any marks are on the rest.

Spray the veins with spray foot powder. Let it dry and it creates a white coating.
    Shoot the arrow and look for the white missing from veins or white residue on the rest.

It's easy.
    `````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````` ````````````````
    Human life has become cheap in our "enlightened" society. Liberalism has taught these kids that there's no difference in killing a one-year-old in a stroller and killing a ten WEEK old baby in the womb! These killers are not human - they are demons spawned in the cesspool of Progressive ideology.

I will have to check the nock and vane clearance. I will let you know what I find.

It looks like my vanes are hitting the flipper on my fall away. Any ideas how to fix this? I tried cock feather down. No luck. I tried rotating the arrow a couple different ways. No luck.

Make sure the rest is timed correctly. Tie it into your buss cable don't use a clamp. They are notorious for slipping. You want your rest to come up within the last inch or so of the draw cycle.

That should help.
    "Your Legacy is made between Yesterday and Tomorrow"
    "Here We Go Paw Paw!"-Shelby Stanga

18. I figured out what the issue was. The issue was nock pinch. I did not notice that the front of the arrow was lifting off the flipper because the nock was being pinched.