a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Are Ramcat broadheads NY legal?

Are Ramcat broadheads NY legal?

I've gotten mixed answers whether or not they are legal because of the rearpointing (barbed) blades. Because the blades pivot forward, are they considered legal?
    I'd love to be able to use them if they are.

Here is a direct quote from the NY DEC website: "Broadheads with mechanical blades are legal if the blades DO NOT form a barb or hook when the arrow is pulled from the flesh of a deer or bear."

Because of the swinging blades of the Ramcats, they will swing forwards when pulled from the flesh of a deer or bear. Therefore they will not be forming a barb when pulled from the flesh.

I believe in this interpretation that RamCats are therefore legal in NY. I believe many other states have the same laws against barbed broadheads and Ramcats were designed that way specifically so that they would be legal.
    '13 DNA with Breathn threads
    Limbdriver Pro V
    MBG Vengeance 5 Pin
    10" B Stinger Sport Hunter Extreme
    Backup/3d - '10 Bow Madness XL

Here is a picture of the entrance hole on a 300 pound hog I shot last month with a Ramcat...this was my first animal I used the broadhead on and due to its performance I would say I am hooked.

ramcathog.jpg

ramcathog2.jpg
    Limbdriver Pro V
    MBG Vengeance 5 Pin

Sweet stuff.
    Doing my preliminary research, I've got 2 or 3 broadheads I'll be buying to try out in the fall. The Ramcats are a DEFINITE buy now that I know they are legal.
    How do they handle rib bone by the way? I know that the blades are pretty thin, do they break on bone or are they able to just blast right through?

Well in this case it went through ribs and lodged in the opposite shoulder, the hog was slightly quartering away. All blades were still intact minus a slightly bent tip on one blade. Only issue with these is finding a quiver that they fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by NYdeerhunter92 View Post
    Sweet stuff.
    oing my preliminary research, I've got 2 or 3 broadheads I'll be buying to try out in the fall. The Ramcats are a DEFINITE buy now that I know they are legal.
    How do they handle rib bone by the way? I know
    that the blades are pretty thin, do they break on bone or are they able to just blast right through?
    Limbdriver Pro V
    MBG Vengeance 5 Pin

they are legal and they are AWSOME!!!!! fly great, penetrate deep and really let the blood flow out, or blast out. wish I took a picture of the blood trail i got using them.

Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak