Archery Talk Forum banner

Sherwood Archers Annual Dogwood Shoot

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  ComfortablyNumb 
#1 ·
http://www.sherwoodarchersroanokeva.com/Pages/calendar.html

Sherwood is having their annual Dogwood field shoot this weekend. :grin:

I will be there Saturday morning with several others :set1_STOOGE2: from my area. Weather should be nice.

A challenging course with some gimme targets, as well as some "humble pie targets" :humble:

#2 ·
I'm glad you done this. I just came here to do that very thing. Yes, more than a few humble pie targets on "C" range.....The uphill 50 really sucks... Did you ever shoot "C" range before they moved the 80 on the back side???? I wonder how many 80's there are around today you have to cut four yards??

#3 ·
I have only been shooting Field since Fall 2008, and the first time I shot Sherwood was in Spring 2009, so if C range has only recently been opened, I will be seeing it for the first time. :confused:
If it's anything like Cardiac at Eutaw Forest, it will be fun. :ROFLMAO:

#4 ·
I'm looking forward to going back to Eutaw forest in June. it's not that bad. Just a couple of brain teaser down hill shots... IMO "C" at Sherwood is much harder. They will probably just be shooting on A at Sherwood. I understand they are in the process of redoing C. If you can shoot C, you can shoot anywhere in the country or elsewhere.

#5 ·
I would like to try this C Range. The Force is with me!:ninja: :becky:

#7 ·
Get them out of moth balls, I might need one. :violin:

#12 ·
I was there as well and got all of 12 targets shot. It was very dark after we crossed the road and finished on the bunnies.

I had one major brain sleep target shooting a 1x 16 on the 45 WU. That's normally a good target for me, but I gapped the 35 dead in the middle of my 45 and the rest is no mystery. :pukey:
I was disappointed I wasn't able to get a half shot. A cold rain wins every time this time of year.

I guess there will be shooting today and perhaps a break enough in the rain for some to post scores.
Thanks to the folks at Sherwood for getting the course in good shape, but not for those arrow holding Hell-o-tex butts. I sure hope they loosen up some by the VBA Open :coffee:

#13 ·
After I shot two 1/4" out the top on the 40 and two line cutters just out the top on the 45 WU, I was ready to go myself. You just got to use some slickem on your bullets on that crap.....

#16 ·
Well Bobby, we all used lube and it didn't help much. usually 2 people pulling and to people laughing. :coffee:

#15 ·
I really needed the second half to pick up the mess I was making on the first 12 I shot. (224) I was averaging 18.66 on the first 12 I finished, which didn't surprise me as I am a notorious slow starter and the Field face targets are generally not good scoring targets for me. The biggest disappointment was not being able to finish after coming down from Madison county. I knew Saturday was the only opportunity I had so I took the chance. I have shot the Dogwood 3 years in a row and always enjoy the range.
I'm glad Sunday ended up being a nice day for the shooters.

#18 ·
I'm shooting LightSpeeds 338gr, 259fps, same one I been using 3 years. I guess I just getting weak. :becky:

#20 ·
:noidea: good question :noidea:

#21 ·
2012 Sherwood Archers Annual Dogwood

AMFS

Tony Harris 547
Brad Baker 545
Bobby Kenley 542
Rusty Ogden 540
Isac Mack 539
Dean Carrol 531
Bud Mack 515
Justin Bryant 513
Jerry Widner 495
Cody Martin 492

AFFS

Jessica Tomlin 512

AMBHFS

John Campbell 523
Brad Baker Sr. 510
Loyd Overfelt 503
Shawn Murphy 500
Jim Scharp 458
Jeff Richards 454
Roy Forehand 417
Jeff King 397

SMBHFS

Steve Tincher 521
Marvin Huffman 482

AMTRAD

Allen Spangler 356

YMFS

Lucas Kenley 542

Matt Murphy 496

CFTRAD

Alexis Campbell 206

M-SRMFS

Fred Switzer 513
Jimmy Brugh 473
Tommy Wilhelm 466

SRFFS

Bertha Brugh 475

M-SRBHFS

Ellis Mellot 392

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.