Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classic battle: B Stinger Premiere VS. Doinker Platinum

Classic battle: B Stinger Premiere VS. Doinker Platinum

Which one and why?

Which is stiffer?

Doinker has vibe reduction and b stinger does not.

B stinger has no vibe reduction, but that's a good thing?

421 weight system vs tons of 1's and 4's

Length of weights?

Spill it why did you choose one or the other?

I am looking at a 30" 15" setup

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hoyt PCEXL, Vantage Elite + And Matrix with Spirals
    Things I Like: Honey Badger Bowstrings, Gold Tip Arrows, Affordable Stabilizer Weights (ASW), Grave Digger Broadheads, and DS Advantage Products

6 lb weight, hanging from the center of the 32-inch long Doinker Platinum Hi-Mod stabilizer
    Deflection = 0.171 inches

Anyone have similar numbers for the b Stinger?

Diameter differences as well

Things I Like: Honey Badger Bowstrings, Gold Tip Arrows, Affordable Stabilizer Weights (ASW), Grave Digger Broadheads, and DS Advantage Products

Stinger plus blacks, lighter bar... Can tighten the weights down better... As for vibe, when your run 6-8oz on the end with an enhancer there is no vibe from a stinger, and you don't need the enhancer for most setups.
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL
    I shoot for: GT, Axcel/Truball, Viscosity strings, FV
    "put your dot in the middle and shoot your shot, they'll tell you if you won later"

I'm going to throw one more option out there for you, Underground Archery Products.

Give Neal a call and tell him what you are looking for. He's making a very stiff, yet very light weight rod and every stab comes with 7oz of weights.

You want the stabilizer connected to the bow as solid as possible. If there is any way the stabilizer/weights can more independently of the bow (or visa-versa) you are loosing some of the potential effectiveness of the stabilizer. Plus, any extra weight on the bow end of the stabilizer is only contributing to the mass weight when it could/should be out at the end of the stabilizer where it would do triple duty, mass weight, balance, and resistance to rotation.

http://www.undergroundarcheryproducts.com/

Mitch
    '13 Barnsdale My Addiction, SureLoc Challenger, Extreme Scope, BriteSite ProTuner, Underground Archery Products Stabilizers, Black Eagle Arrows, FirstStrings, Stan Blackjack
    '14 Elite E35, Black Gold Ascent, VaporTrail ProV, Underground Archery Product Stabilizers, Black Eagle Arrows, TightSpot, FirstStrings, Scott LBG

I didn't do any testing, but I now have the 30''/15'' platinums. I will say I'd rather have the 5/16 24 thread over the 1/4 20. My stinger weights never vibed loose as these do. I also liked the fact that the end stud could be adjusted or changed to any length v/s the stud in the doinkers that is fixed. Both would fight the battle, but neither would win the war. Can't go wrong with either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdpkook132 View Post
    56 lb weight, hanging from the center of the 32-inch long Doinker Platinum Hi-Mod stabilizer
    Deflection = 0.171 inches

Anyone have similar numbers for the b Stinger?

Diameter differences as well

That was supposed to say 56lb

No idea on stinger numbers, give them a call and ask... I may have heard it and just don't remember. The plusses are a tad smaller max od of I remember correct, I can get numbers on them tomorrow if you want.

How much weight you thinking of running on the bars
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL
    "put your dot in the middle and shoot your shot, they'll tell you if you won later"

go with doinker platinums i have the entire platinum set up and i love them
    hoyt alpha elite, hoyt katera xl
    axcel achieve cxl, x-31 scope
    doinker platinums, carter insatiable 2
    limbdriver micro elite, ninja bow strings, cx

hoyt alpha elite, hoyt katera xl
    axcel achieve cxl, x-31 scope
    doinker platinums, carter insatiable 2
    limbdriver micro elite, ninja bow strings, cx

Doinker platinums all the way!! Love my 30" front. 12" on the rear. Hold like a rock. No oscillation from weak bar. Stiff as all get out and feels like butter. Make sure you get the platinum offset bracket. It is built like a tank. Once you set it, it won't move. Very easy to adjust as well.
    Doink on!
    Michigan State University archery team member

I've had both and have gone with the Platinum Series. They are extremely stiff and light-weight and they look fantastic as well. And Doinker offers so many options it's unreal! Great bars...Great people and customer service. God bless
    2013 PRO STAFF SHOOTER FOR: * SURE-LOC SIGHTS...THE ICON * EASTON ARCHERY PRODUCTS * DOINKER STABILIZATION-ESTREMO PLATINUM SERIES!! * PROLINE BOWSTRINGS-THE ONLY STRINGS "CUZ" TRUSTS!! * SPECIALTY ARCHERY PRODUCTS * FLEX-FLETCH PRODUCTS...FF-187!! * CARTER RELEASES-SIMPLE 1's BY vftcandy!!!! * ACCUNOCKS * A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL MY SPONSORS!! * AND A SPECIAL "THANK YOU" TO JESUS CHRIST & MY WIFE AND KIDS!!!

Purchased my B Stingers and it stopped the search for stabilizers and purchasing others. Believe me I have tried all the others.

They feel great and I can balance my bow perfect with ease now.

They work for me. Doesnt matter what bow Im putting them on as well.
    DB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

B-Stingers are what I went with, but they are both really nice... Hope this helps and God bless.....
    Romans 10:9: That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

Evolution Bow Strings

Decisions decisions. I was pretty set on the platinums and then I shot the stingers and then came across a smoking deal on a setup yesterday. Keep it coming

Have you shot them side by side? The shock that the bstingers put on my bow arm was night and day between the platinums. Doinker is smooth. Bstingers feel like a bomb is going off. Little exaggeration but that is what it felt like when I was shooting the bstingers. Had a 30" main with 15" rear bstinger(2 limbsaver dampeners and end cap for main bar). I then tried my bowtech's set of platinums. had a order for 2- 30" main, and 2- 12" rears later that week. Definitely a shock and awe factor with the doinkers.
    Michigan State University archery team member

Quote Originally Posted by Efish1590 View Post
    Have you shot them side by side? The shock that the bstingers put on my bow arm was night and day between the platinums. Doinker is smooth. Bstingers feel like a bomb is going off. Little exaggeration but that is what it felt like when I was shooting the bstingers. Had a 30" main with 15" rear bstinger(2 limbsaver dampeners and end cap for main bar). I then tried my bowtech's set of platinums. had a order for 2- 30" main, and 2- 12" rears later that week. Definitely a shock and awe factor with the doinkers.
    I have not shot the platinums but have shot the stingers. I did not notice any excess vibe but we all know the Hoyt target bows arent exactly dead in hand to begin with.

Is 230$ a good deal for a 30" premiere
    15" standard bar, 9-1oz weights and 1-4oz weight?

I do kinda like that the stinger uses a larger all thread for the weights

What bow, dw, dl, hw? If your running very little weight your gonna have more vibe....
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL

I chose Shrewd for my stab needs, half the price and great quality. If I was chosing between the Doinker and B-stinger, I would go Stinger.

Quote Originally Posted by N7709K View Post
    What bow, dw, dl, hw? If your running very little weight your gonna have more vibe....
    Hoyt Ultra elite 30" 60#

How much weight you thinking of running on the bars
    6 oz on front and 8-12oz on back. I want the option to run as much as I would like though without having to get new bars.

Heres an idea for you.. Who cares buy the set that you think is best for you.. In my opinion it doesn't matter which ones you get... Set either a doinker or b stinger or what ever you choose and you will see little movement. Also as vibration goes I agree with N7709k If your running 6 to 7 out front or even 4 your not going to feel vibration.. Most people don't take the time to set stabs up the way they should be anyway.. I'm just saying. Both stabilizers are great company's and will be in the biz for years. Everybody's different when it comes to stabilizers.. So what ever YOU choose make sure you take the time to set them up. I mean measure then move it.. Measure again then move it again. It takes time. I bet i spend at least 2 weeks setting them up so they work best for ME. And any one I choose to throw on my bow will work the same,because i spend the time with them. With all that being said i choose b stinger because thats what worked out for me at that time. Its not broke so I'm not going to fix it.
    SPECIALTY ARCHERY/BODOODLE
    B STINGER
    Stanslawski/AXCEL SITES
    On to the best with HOYT
    GOLD TIP ARROWS

I'm running 12oz on my main and 18 on my back... 25oz on my wind bar, so they will take all the weight you wanna put on them.

Your ultra will probably take around 15oz on the back with 6+oz on the main... For either bar
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL

I'm running 12oz on my main and 18 on my back... 25oz on my wind bar, so they will take all the weight you wanna put on them.

Your ultra will probably take around 15oz on the back with 6+oz on the main... For either bar
    Thanks for the input and help. I was looking at getting aroun 21oz of weights to play with. 3-421 systems or a couple 4 oz an lots of 1oz.

Quote Originally Posted by blazenarrow View Post
    Heres an idea for you.. Who cares buy the set that you think is best for you.. In my opinion it doesn't matter which ones you get... Set either a doinker or b stinger or what ever you choose and you will see little movement. Also as vibration goes I agree with N7709k If your running 6 to 7 out front or even 4 your not going to feel vibration.. Most people don't take the time to set stabs up the way they should be anyway.. I'm just saying. Both stabilizers are great company's and will be in the biz for years. Everybody's different when it comes to stabilizers.. So what ever YOU choose make sure you take the time to set them up. I mean measure then move it.. Measure again then move it again. It takes time. I bet i spend at least 2 weeks setting them up so they work best for ME. And any one I choose to throw on my bow will work the same,because i spend the time with them. With all that being said i choose b stinger because thats what worked out for me at that time. Its not broke so I'm not going to fix it.
    Its hard to find both and shoot back to back without buying both. I also realize it takes time to set it up correctly as well. I tweak and shoot just like the rest of us.

I know some shooters in AZ than run doinks.. i'll see if any of them are around your area
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast