Blossoms and Birds

Thread: Blossoms and Birds

Burlington, Washington ( Northwestern corner of the Evergreen state)

Thumbs up Blossoms and Birds

These are just a few photos taken in my back yard today. I love this time of the year when the blossoms and birds really announce that Spring is here!

Dick
    2 Canon, 7D Cameras, Canon 5D Mark II Camera, Canon 17-40 F/4 L lens, 2 Canon 24-105 L lens, Canon 70-200 f/4 L lens, Canon 300 f/4 IS L lens, Canon 400 f/4 L lens, Canon 1.4X L extender, Canon 2X L extender, Canon 430 EX Flash, Canon 530 EX Flash

Nicely done

very nice
    It's like I'm livin in a war zone, And they can write it on my tombstone.
    Here lies a man who don't cry, With ash on the feet from the pit of hells fire

But my place ain't on the ground, I'd rather be death on my feet, than life on my knees.
    Trouble ain't nothin' But another damn thing to me.

Nice GPR! First one is my favorite overall.

Nice pics.
    2012 Elite Anwer 65# 29" Pimped Red Hades Skulls Spott Hogg Right On QAD HDX Bloodsport HT-2 300 Stokerized SS1 Firenocks Yeti Grips Tight Spot
    2009 Elite Z28 Realtree AP 28.5" Trophy Ridge 5 pin NAP Apache Easton Axis 400
    Quote Originally Posted by L.I.Archer View Post
    Never trust anyone with two first names.

Beautiful pics Dick! Thanks for sharing!!

What I would love to know is how do you keep the birds (and other critters) from leaving the scene? Are you a really far distance away when you take those pics?

~~~~
    The Queen of Mutantville!

7- 2005 until the end! ~ ~

Great shots Dick.

You can zoom in from a little distance but getting a clear shot can be a challenge, seems like they are always in constant motion.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Quote Originally Posted by REDHDCHARM View Post

What I would love to know is how do you keep the birds (and other critters) from leaving the scene? Are you a really far distance away when you take those pics?

~~~~
    Red, The birds were only about 30 feet from me and I was using my wife's Camera with a 300 mm. Telephoto lens on it, so they don't really feel threatened. Besides that, I was standing in our back door with the lens propped up against the door jam with just the front 4 inches sticking out the door.

Dick
    2 Canon, 7D Cameras, Canon 5D Mark II Camera, Canon 17-40 F/4 L lens, 2 Canon 24-105 L lens, Canon 70-200 f/4 L lens, Canon 300 f/4 IS L lens, Canon 400 f/4 L lens, Canon 1.4X L extender, Canon 2X L extender, Canon 430 EX Flash, Canon 530 EX Flash

Quote Originally Posted by Scablands View Post
    Great shots Dick.

You can zoom in from a little distance but getting a clear shot can be a challenge, seems like they are always in constant motion.
    They sure are always moving! The key is a steady hand, something to prop the camera on and a FAST Shutter Speed. Plus a LOT of LUCK!

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by REDHDCHARM View Post

~~~~
    This is one of my methods I use to take photos of Eagles high in a tree:

It beats lugging around a heavy Tripod.

This is one of the photos I took while I was propped up against the tree:

Dick