Thread: Blossoms and Birds

Burlington, Washington ( Northwestern corner of the Evergreen state)

Thumbs up Blossoms and Birds

These are just a few photos taken in my back yard today. I love this time of the year when the blossoms and birds really announce that Spring is here!

Dick
    2 Canon, 7D Cameras, Canon 5D Mark II Camera, Canon 17-40 F/4 L lens, 2 Canon 24-105 L lens, Canon 70-200 f/4 L lens, Canon 300 f/4 IS L lens, Canon 400 f/4 L lens, Canon 1.4X L extender, Canon 2X L extender, Canon 430 EX Flash, Canon 530 EX Flash

Nicely done
    "You cant believe everything you read on the internet"
    -Abraham Lincoln-

very nice

Nice GPR! First one is my favorite overall.

Nice pics.
    2012 Elite Anwer 65# 29" Pimped Red Hades Skulls Spott Hogg Right On QAD HDX Bloodsport HT-2 300 Stokerized SS1 Firenocks Yeti Grips Tight Spot
    2009 Elite Z28 Realtree AP 28.5" Trophy Ridge 5 pin NAP Apache Easton Axis 400
    Quote Originally Posted by L.I.Archer View Post
    Never trust anyone with two first names.

Beautiful pics Dick! Thanks for sharing!!

What I would love to know is how do you keep the birds (and other critters) from leaving the scene? Are you a really far distance away when you take those pics?

~~~~
    I am no longer selling BCY D-Loop rope or Peep/Nock Thread

With much thanks and appreciation to each and every customer I have served over the last 9 years! It has been a pleasure!

Great shots Dick.

You can zoom in from a little distance but getting a clear shot can be a challenge, seems like they are always in constant motion.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Quote Originally Posted by REDHDCHARM View Post

What I would love to know is how do you keep the birds (and other critters) from leaving the scene? Are you a really far distance away when you take those pics?

~~~~
    Red, The birds were only about 30 feet from me and I was using my wife's Camera with a 300 mm. Telephoto lens on it, so they don't really feel threatened. Besides that, I was standing in our back door with the lens propped up against the door jam with just the front 4 inches sticking out the door.

Dick
    2 Canon, 7D Cameras, Canon 5D Mark II Camera, Canon 17-40 F/4 L lens, 2 Canon 24-105 L lens, Canon 70-200 f/4 L lens, Canon 300 f/4 IS L lens, Canon 400 f/4 L lens, Canon 1.4X L extender, Canon 2X L extender, Canon 430 EX Flash, Canon 530 EX Flash

Quote Originally Posted by Scablands View Post
    Great shots Dick.

You can zoom in from a little distance but getting a clear shot can be a challenge, seems like they are always in constant motion.
    They sure are always moving! The key is a steady hand, something to prop the camera on and a FAST Shutter Speed. Plus a LOT of LUCK!

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by REDHDCHARM View Post

~~~~
    This is one of my methods I use to take photos of Eagles high in a tree:

It beats lugging around a heavy Tripod.

This is one of the photos I took while I was propped up against the tree:

Dick