Thread: PSE BMXL Limbs

PSE BMXL Limbs

I need to know what limbs go where on a BM XL. I have 2 limbs that are numbered 99, 1 numbered 98 and one 105. I installed them the way PSE told me to do it and the cam is leaning. The original set of limbs that were put on at the factory were put on totally different than what the tech from PSE told me how to stagger them.

this is if you're viewing the bow from behind, and i'm assuming it's a RH bow. Your top cam is centered between the limb, and you can adjust the cable yokes for the lean. On the bottom cam, you can move your spacers around to adjust for lean. PSE can tell you the spacer arrangement for that bow.

PSE Pro Staff HHA Field Staff Americas Best Bowstrings
    President-Neuse River Bowhunters
    X-Force Baby!

Thats exactly how i put them on. When i lay an arrow against the cam its not even close running even with the string and moving the spacers on the cam isnt helping either. The bow is new and came with camo limbs (i ordered black) PSE sent me new black limbs to replace thr camo ones, here is how the camo ones were installed at the factory.

with this lay out the cam was straight

Also when i install the new limbs like you showed me the string isnt running thru the center of the string stop, its off to the right some, with the way it came from the factory the string is running dead center of the string stop.

That's strange....
    The standard limb layout is
    with 1 being the weakest and 4 being the strongest. You may not be abler to get it exactly parallel to the string. Most will lean toward the cable-side a little bit. Also, make sure you're cable rod isnt pulled way out. At least if you set it the way they told you, and id doesn't shoot right, the ball is in their court.
    X-Force Baby!

Well after talking to PSE i guess they have been talking about changing the way limbs are layed out on the the riser and i guess i got one, set them up like this:
    everything lined up the way it should and the bow tuned and shoots great.

Not only is that a different configuration but originally the difference between the stiffest and weakest limbs was supposed to be no more than 3. Now 105-98=7. I'm actually glad PSE is working on the limb issue even it means changing the rules mid-game. Maybe this explains why I have been waiting so long for my PSE to arrive.
    2012 PSE Freak, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter, Sword Twilight Hunter, Limbdriver, Doinker Dish

Is the BMXL an "X Force" bow?
    2012 PSE Freak, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter, Sword Twilight Hunter, Limbdriver, Doinker Dish

Yep! I just got the tech sheet on the new limbs. The 2 bott limbs are marked with a "dot". If there is a stiffer limb of the bott pair, it goes on the cable guard side. The 2 top limbs do not have a "dot", and the weaker of the 2 limbs goes on the cable guard side of the bow. This sheet is labeled "For all PSE split limb bows", and is dated 4-20-12.
    X-Force Baby!

Thank you very much OP for this thread and nccrutch for the latest info. Hope I don't have to take my bow apart to address this.

Hey NC, When you say "cable guard side", do you mean the right side of the bow as viewed from the back holding the bow as to shoot. Thanks
    Team PSE, PSE Militia, DS Advantage sight Team FeatherVision

Quote Originally Posted by ILOVE3D View Post
    Hey NC, When you say "cable guard side", do you mean the right side of the bow as viewed from the back holding the bow as to shoot. Thanks
    Yes. (assuming it's a RH bow).
    X-Force Baby!