Thread: Bear Whitetail Hunter Compound Bow Question

Bear Whitetail Hunter Compound Bow Question

Hello all, I am new here so bare with me. I was just given a Bear Whitetail Hunter Compound Bow, And honestly I am scared to shoot it, My cousin used it like 7 years ago for Hunting but it hasnt really been shot since, I dont see any cracks anywhere and when I pull back I dont hear any noises at all, The string seems sturdy but some parts of it the green wrap type material that is present on some areas, isnt on others, Like one part there is a circular piece of plastic in between the string, Not sure what that is, can anyone tell me if this is safe to shoot, Please and thank you, Sorry for the newb type questions haha.

find a local pro shop in your area and have them inspect it. if it has been 7 years since the string and cable have been replaced, it will probably need them. also while at the pro shop you can get it adjusted for you (draw length, draw weight, peep sight, etc.). if you just try shooting it when it was set up for someone else, you will end up getting discouraged and not liking the sport. all bows have to be set up to their shooter.
    2014 Bear Agenda 7
    - Spot Hogg Hogg-It Wrapped 5 Pin Sight
    - Trophy Ridge Revolution 2.0 Rest
    - Trophy Ridge 9" Static Stab /w Doinker QD
    - Trophy Ridge Arrow Cage Quiver

Quote Originally Posted by CamoCop View Post
    find a local pro shop in your area and have them inspect it. if it has been 7 years since the string and cable have been replaced, it will probably need them. also while at the pro shop you can get it adjusted for you (draw length, draw weight, peep sight, etc.). if you just try shooting it when it was set up for someone else, you will end up getting discouraged and not liking the sport. all bows have to be set up to their shooter.
    what he said is great advice...I shot my first deer with a 60# Bear Whitetail Hunter more years ago then I want to admit...I loved that bow..it was smooth as silk and very accurate..good luck with it..get new strings and cables on it at a pro shop and you will be good to go..
    2012 HOYT VECTOR TURBO 50# #3B CAM
    2013 MATHEWS HELIM 50# 28.5 DL
    FRED BEAR BARSALINO T/D 60# 28.5 DL

Possibly more deer killed with Bear Whitetails than any other bow ever made. You might have a problem finding the right cables for it and a shop that is equipped to swedge them, but I hope you are successful. Also, make sure that the limbs are inspected very closely. On a bow that old they could be warped or splintered. I am not sure, but they are probably laminated wood limbs with fiberglass facing.
    For me, the most exhilarating moment in all of sports is when I come to full draw on a whitetail.

Like was suggested take it a pro shop and have them check it out. The round "thing" your talking about sounds like a peep sight.
    Have a good day and a better hunt