Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ASA georgia

Quote Originally Posted by dgmeadows View Post
    Perhaps the ASA decision makers decided "Open B, with 6 per stake, can score both 12s." What about Senior Pro ? Perhpas "Since it is a pro class, we need to make it a little more stringent for them, so they can score both 12s, but can only shoot the top if the lower is blocked, and must call the upper before shooting." I know they have taken the 14 out of play for several classes this year, while some classes still shoot it.

To reduce confusion, having all the same would be ideal, but as long as everyone in each class shot by the same rules, I don't see a big problem. I was in Open B, and they made it very clear both days - both 12s were in play, and you did not have to call the upper or have the lower blocked.
    All pro classes have already voted on calling the upper 12 if the lower were full.Majority said NO.
    2 much foam in my yard 2 get anything done.

In the woods of McDuffie County west of Augusta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ter View Post
    All pro classes have already voted on calling the upper 12 if the lower were full.Majority said NO.
    Sorry - the earlier post was the Senior Open class had to call the upper 12 before shooting it, not the Senior Pro class... My mistake there, but the point was all Open B shooters were told to count both 12s, and the other class (Senior Open) was told the upper 12 only counted if the lower was full and the upper was called. Different rules for scoring on that day, but different classes. So as long as everyone in each class was told the same thing, I don't see a big problem.
    2013 Nemesis 35 Camo 2011 Rytera Alien Z w/ NitrousX C cams; [/COLOR] * 2007 Martin Pantera Mag NosX Camo * Martin Fury Red Nos X * Martin Fury Gray Mag NosX * Martin Gold Rage Elite Twin Limb NosX * Martin Cougar III Elite NosX SunBurst * Wing Chapparal Recurve* the kids - Martin Tigers *Custom Grips & Strings by Me

Yea I would have shot at least 10 points better lol
    Mathews Chill X
    Bohning BLAZER
    Black Eagle Arrows

SHREWD ARCHERY
    TRUBALL ARCHERY

Quote Originally Posted by C.Callison View Post
    I saw one guy get DQ'ed on Open B range. We just started shooting and the range guy was walking down the road with the chronograph. He picked one guy out. He shot through the graph and was sent packing. I don't know who the guy was. But it just made me think that would suck. I wouldn't want to travel all that way and spend my money and get DQ'ed for shooting 288. I don't know what the guys speed was but 287 is all you are allowed. You get sent packing at 288. That's why I check my speed before I go. My bow is shooting a smoking 282. I know speed will help a little on yardage but it's not worth it if all your fast bow does is get you sent home.

280 is the limit with a 3% buffer which puts you at 288.4

Let's sell tickets to the semi pro smackdown!

Quote Originally Posted by NY911 View Post
    All this drama after big shoots now.....it's like the WWF of archery!@
    Quietness kills the deer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SSSHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
    Team HOYT!!!!!!!!! ABB Strings send the Carbon Express arrows with Bohning Vanes to slay deer!
    Norris Merchandise Rocks all your needs!!!!!

I enjoy all of the rules and the game play and strategy that goes on at asa events compared to local shoots but common sense must be present because asa rules just like every other walk of life has those grey areas that exist.

My buddy had a true mechanical sunday morning where his peep got bumped I think at the car after shooting saturday and finishing really nicely, when we pulled in there were hundreds of people over at the practice bags and instead of going over there he walked all the way to his shooting range and told the range official he had a mechanical and needed to shoot a couple of practice shots to make sure his peep was now in the right place. He is a young man at 24 years old and the jerk of a range official said no you are not going to shoot that bag until you shoot your first shot and then you can call breakdown and I will let you shoot. My buddy at 24years old has already paid his lifetime membership and is proud of being a asa lifetime member and after seeing the break down bags being shot at lousiana and texas by anyone who walked by it left a sour taste in his mouth this weekend to be told no when he had a valid reason. This is the type of commonsense that asa needs to have and preach to its members that choost to be in charge and make decisions.

So go ahead and tell me that he didn't have a valid reason when he noticed that his peep was way off center when we got out of the car because I am in the mood to call someone a idiot this morning because this boy totaled out my car friday morning when we showed up to georgia and the first thing he told me was just tell me how much money I owe you and when it is time to come back 14 hours from missouri I will come with you and help get your car. This is the kind of people we need in asa spreading the word of how awesome asa is instead of I got totally screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowtech11 View Post
    Yea I would have shot at least 10 points better lol
    I know what you mean. If I would have shot better my score would have been a lot higher also. But I guess this kind of talk falls into the "should have,could have and would have group".

Quote Originally Posted by dkuhnert View Post
    I wish I could shoot a soft course that either 12 counted. I always hit the opposite one.
    I feel for you. I dont know what class your shooting. But you sound like you feel like you are shooting over your head. If you feel like your class is to tuff for you to shoot you can always move out. There is no shame in realizing that you need to go to a lower class. I dont know what you consider a "soft course" but with all the classes in asa iam sure you could find something to shoot in your comfort zone.

I shoot K45. I shoot fine. I am hideous at judging, therefore K45 is my choice. I shot open C for several years and won state 2 years ago, so I moved up per state rules. I usually shoot average 10 up on our qualifier courses. But, they are usually set pretty well. I see these astronomical scores and then you find out either twelve counted and you didn't have to call it. Does anyone that shot k45 in Augusta have the stake yardages. I would like to see what the actual yardages were.

Open B known yardage for Sunday at Augusta was a 34 yard average. I have only shot 1 Open B shoot so I don't know if this is above or bellow average. I don't have anyway of knowing the yardage for Saturday. But in my opinion the unknown range was longer than the known range. I don't know how everyone feels about it, but I do pretty well with yardage and I shot several shots for 43-45 yards. Several 35-38 where you were shooting through trees in your sight picture and quartering shots this was on both days.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345