a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best fletching glue for carbon arrows

Best fletching glue for carbon arrows

Hey folks. I need some help fletching help. I have been using bohning fletchtite platinum and can not get my fletchig to stay in very well. Its seems like it is always just one fletching that comes off. I am using a straight arizona ez fletch with blazer vanes. I roughed up the surface with a green scratch pad and cleaned with alcohol. I would appreciate any help not only with the glue but other tips for fletching.

Fur: '13 Elite Answer (Max-1)
    Foam: '15 Elite Synergy (ninja)
    Indoors: '12 Elite Pure (custom green powder-coat under progress)
    Bohning, Shrewd,TRU Ball/Axcel, Honey Creek Tackle Staff Shooter
    AAE rests, Gold Tip arrows

fletch tite platinum works very very well just takes awhile to set so your gonna want to leave the vane in the jig for about 5-10 minutes and maybe put a small dab on the leading edge of the vane. also i would let sit 24-36 hours before shooting them.

other than FT platiunum loctite ultra control gel super glue works very well as well as gorilla glue impact resistant super glue (with light blue cap)

Eric
    Hoyt carbon element, carbon spyder turbo EX-OKIE KNOBS
    Prairie Archery
    Black Eagle Arrows
    Vaportrail archery - Blade X - Micro Elite - Pro V - Limbdriver Pro - VTX Strings & Cables

Just got some of the new crazy glue a few people on here have been using it and love it goes on purple and dries clear they say it works awesome
    "A country boy is all I'll ever be" Aron Lewis
    Stevens archery inception
    Black Eagle Archery Field Staff

what brand is that? where can you buy it?

Eric
    Prairie Archery
    Black Eagle Arrows
    Vaportrail archery - Blade X - Micro Elite - Pro V - Limbdriver Pro - VTX Strings & Cables

I've had good luck with Gorilla Super Glue (blue cap)

I get maxi-cure at my local bowshop and it works great on carbons...used it for along time and hardly ever have a vane fall off..if they do its usually hit with another arrow...The shop uses it all the time and they fletch literally thousands without any complaints...it advertises on the bottle 10-25 sec glue...it works..
    2012 HOYT VECTOR TURBO 50# #3B CAM
    2013 MATHEWS HELIM 50# 28.5 DL
    FRED BEAR BARSALINO T/D 60# 28.5 DL

X2 on the super glue ultra control gel

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerT View Post
    I bought some of that stuff at Home Depot and there didn't seem to be much in it. I didn't even get a dozen arrows fletched. Did I miss something?
    Strother SX1
    I can resist anything......except temtation!

I use this stuff: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Arizo...ube/744868.uts

Put the glue on the vane, drop the Bitz clamp down and immediately remove from the arrow. Done.

Any super glue gel from Wally or wherever. The tube works best for me. Not a fan of the deal where you have to squeeze the sides.

Also, I suggest you put wraps on first.
    Robert

Mathews Switchback XT
    Bear Archery Truth 2

fletch tite sucks i use aae fast set just a thicker modifed super glue the does not bond till pressure is applied

just fletched up some arrows today and used loctite ultra gel control, best stuff I have ever used
    Bowtech RPM 360 60 lbs 27" draw

Quote Originally Posted by nuttinbutchunks View Post
    I bought some of that stuff at Home Depot and there didn't seem to be much in it. I didn't even get a dozen arrows fletched. Did I miss something?
    I fletched 2 dozen and put inserts in a dozen.
    U-slide Staff Shooter-"WHAT'S HOLDING YOUR BOW", 2010 Strother Infinity, Trophy Taker rest, HHA sight, Vendetta Archery stabilizer, 2010 Strothers SR-71, Trophy Taker rest, HHa sight, Vendetta Archery stabilizer
    Member of Strother Brothers
    Vendetta Archery vendettaarchery.net "Where you never know what will go down!"

Quote Originally Posted by nuttinbutchunks View Post
    Lol no you didn't miss anything that's about right if you take the bottom of the plastic container off you'll find a tiny tube of loctite inside of the plastic bottle which appears to be much more than you actually get lol so no you didn't miss anything

Eric
    Prairie Archery
    Black Eagle Arrows

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Evil View Post
    This.
    PantherCreekBowhunters.com

IMO the best glue out there is from Firenock. Dorges glue is unbelievable and the only glue that I will use now
    www.ltlacorn.com
    Authorized Dealer for:Xpedition Archery:Strother Archery, Darton Archery, Predator Camo, Vapor Trail, Stokerized Stabilizers, Black Gold Sights, Lakewood Products (Bow Cases), Tru-Fire Releases, Spyderweb targets,First-Lite, LTL ACORN CAMERAS,Spot-Hogg, Reconyx,VORTEX Optics, Tightspot Quivers,Tenzing Packs,Sitka Clothing,

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerT View Post
    2012 Elite Anwer 65# 29" Pimped Red Hades Skulls Spott Hogg Right On QAD HDX Bloodsport HT-2 300 Stokerized SS1 Firenocks Yeti Grips Tight Spot
    2009 Elite Z28 Realtree AP 28.5" Trophy Ridge 5 pin NAP Apache Easton Axis 400
    Quote Originally Posted by L.I.Archer View Post
    Never trust anyone with two first names.

denatured alchol!regular alchol has oil in it !then check date on fletc tite!if it has been opened it less efective
    Quote Originally Posted by boilerfarmer12 View Post
    Hey folks. I need some help fletching help. I have been using bohning fletchtite platinum and can not get my fletchig to stay in very well. Its seems like it is always just one fletching that comes off. I am using a straight arizona ez fletch with blazer vanes. I roughed up the surface with a green1 scratch pad and cleaned with alcohol. I would appreciate any help not only with the glue but other tips for fletching.
    !

Goat Tuff or any of the other similar products. I use one from Pine Ridge(stock at shop I use), never had a problem.

By the way, you really should not use Alcohol to clean shafts with, leaves a film on arrows, Acetone is much better IMO.

Gorilla glue works great.
    The Lord Jesus Christ is our saviour. Only he can give us eternal life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathews4ever View Post
    Just got some of the new crazy glue a few people on here have been using it and love it goes on purple and dries clear they say it works awesome
    where did you find it?
    WWW.PROLINEBOWSTRINGS.COM OR CALL 513-801-5984
    HAYMONDSARCHERY.COM OR CALL 315-681-1676
    DEERCROSSING ARCHERY DEALER

Now on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HaymondsArchery

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bowhntng4evr View Post
    Gorilla glue works great.
    Yup...that stuff is great. It's like $5 at Home Depot. I do my arrows with it and you almost cannot get the vanes off when you want to. I have stretched them and pulled them to pieces with pliers trying to get them off. No sense in spending $20 on a small bottle of glue, waiting 2 days to shoot them and then it does not hold well anyway.
    I tried to add a signature but my pen ruined the screen

yeah loctitie contol gel is awesome but ya dont get much outta it, maybe a dozen or 2 arrows and when it starts getting low squeezing the sides of the bottle sucks...

FT platinum or gorilla glue or loctite or goat tuff i've founmd different glues work better on different vanes/arrows.

Eric
    Prairie Archery
    Black Eagle Arrows

here is the hot tip for the best super glue at the best price ,, its Mercury Adhesives ,, m1100g it is sold at hobby stores has a unlimited shelf life , and only costs 10 bucks for 2 ozs

I've used Platinum with good results as long as I let it sit in the jig extra long, honestly I think that's a lot of guys problems with superglues too, either too much glue, or taking them out of the fletching jig too fast, or a combination of the two, especially with gel since it seems to need a bit more drying time than the liquid. I had to learn to that putting too much pressure on the vane on the shaft either with like a bitz or even cranking down the ez fletch too hard causes problems because the edges of the vane glue trough get bent up and don't adhere well. My vanes stuck a lot better when I quit "squishing" the vanes on the shaft too hard. The platinum stuff is just a perfect consistency and a good applicator nose that it always produces the nicest/neatest looking glue jobs for me, but I have better overall luck with superglue sticking.

I tried the gorilla glue, and it works great but the 2 oz applicator sucks, the bottle I got was really stiff to squeeze, so you really had to squeeze on it and I'd tend to get too little or too much glue all the time, but I am loving it for inserts/bushings etc. but I've noticed it takes a bit longer to dry than other super glues even other gels. The locktite big squeeze bottles are a huge rip off but I get a lot better application/glue control with them. I also think the liquid superglue sticks better than the gels but the liquid stuff doesn't work well in an EZ fletch for me, by the time I get three vanes in there, the glue has migrated to the bottom of the vane on the first two and I end up with too much at the bottom of vanes and then in the Fletcher arm pivots.

I used to like the AAE fastset gel, but it seems like you get one really good tube, then one bad tube where the liquid seems to have separated from the "gel" superglue and it won't squeeze out evenly so you end up with clumps on the vane, which means a sloppy glue job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast