Thread: Vehicle Question :)

Vehicle Question :)

Hey guys! So since I'm sure most of you know I know absolutely nothing about cars, trucks, jeeps, etc., I figured I'd ask y'all about a minor problem I'm having with my truck. It won't lock! When I press the lock button, sometimes the driver's side will lock and sometimes it won't and the passenger side never will. My friend told me to put WD-40 on the locks and my stepdad said all you have to do is take it apart and clean it. And I would help him do that but he's in the hospital so he can't and I would like to get it over with. So any answers that don't require taking my doors apart would be greatly appreciated.
    I will never be tamed or controlled. I am a wild thing. Strong, free, and proud.
    Innocent Until Proven Guilty
    Mathew's Mission Rally 55lbs 26"

You sure you pushing the right button?
    Hoyt Alphamax 32 70@28
    Sword Apex 3rd plane 1.5
    Ripcord code red
    Easton full metal jacket (446 grains total setup)
    Rage Hypodermic Broadheads and slick trick magnums

Oh you know what? You're right. I was pushin the window control button. No wonder the windows kept rollin down. I thought my truck was havin serious problems! lol. Yes, I'm sure I'm hitting the right button. WD-40 did nothing by the way.
    I will never be tamed or controlled. I am a wild thing. Strong, free, and proud.

If they do need to be cleaned or parts replaced, it's kinda hard to do without taking the door panel off.

Do you have any friends that know anything about cars? Maybe they can help you out.
    Bowtech SentinelGoldtip Ultralights...Axcel Armortech HD...B-Stinger Premiere Plus

And he said to them, "Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness,
    for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."
    Luke 12:15

Yeah, the friend that told me to use WD-40 is really good with cars but he's too busy to come help me. I'm definitely going to need to take off the door panel to clean it but I'm not sure how or if I'll even be able to get it back on once I take it off.

your telekinesis is not going to lock the doors, as much as you think you have mad powers, you actually have to physically push the "Lock" button. lolllll
    Hunting~~2011 G5 Prime Shift, Extreme Archery Site, Fuse Carbon Blade, Easton Injection 400gr. 277fps 74KE, Nap Spitfire Maxx D6, QAD Drop Away Pro HDX, 65 pounds, 29" DL
    TEAM 15--- Band of Booners

Hey! Don't doubt my skills. I DO have mad powers! Ask my-- well nevermind. Lolll jk I'm working on it and I've almost got it down. The lock button wiggles a little bit now ;D Hahaha

wanna know what else wiggles?

a worm.

get you mind out of the gutter....

gosh...
    Hunting~~2011 G5 Prime Shift, Extreme Archery Site, Fuse Carbon Blade, Easton Injection 400gr. 277fps 74KE, Nap Spitfire Maxx D6, QAD Drop Away Pro HDX, 65 pounds, 29" DL
    TEAM 15--- Band of Booners

first I'd just lube the door lcos where it actually locks which you can see without removing anything, where it shuts, just spray some WD 40 on it. when I lock my truck doors (from the inside, not keyless) my driver side door doesnt want to lock half the time and I have to do it manually, but it just needs lubricated most likely. just get that part of it cleaned up and lubed and it should work just fine.
    Elite Z28 Snow 65#: Easton Bowfire, Muzzy, Qad, Black Gold, X-factor
    Elite Energy 35:Elite Ultra rest, black gold, easton injexion, x-factor
    Elite Answer *ninja*: QAD, Black Gold, Injexion, Muzzy
    Elite Energy 32 80#

Quote Originally Posted by Ignition kid View Post
    first I'd just lube the door lcos where it actually locks which you can see without removing anything, where it shuts, just spray some WD 40 on it. when I lock my truck doors (from the inside, not keyless) my driver side door doesnt want to lock half the time and I have to do it manually, but it just needs lubricated most likely. just get that part of it cleaned up and lubed and it should work just fine.
    I put WD-40 on it and it did nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsman3 View Post
    wanna know what else wiggles?

a worm.

get you mind out of the gutter....

gosh...
    You're so wrong. Hahaha

I bet the little electronic actuators inside your doors that lock the door when you push the buttons are weak. Same way my Tahoe is right now. If that's so then they'll need replaced to work right again.
    08 Pse Xforce HF6- 70# @ 29", Winners Choice strings, Limbdriver Pro Rest, Camo TruGlo Micro Brite 3 pin sight, AEP Stabolution 10" camo stab, Apex Gear quiver, Gold Tip Velocity XT 300's @ 29", Spitfire XP PRO 125's, RAGE 2
    blade 125 Chisel tips, Scott Silverhorn
    member of the PSE militia!

It seems like it sticks a little when I manually lock it though.

Mine does that also. Have to force it down if you will.... there is a linkage or metal rod of some sort behind your door panel that needs lubricated then. I hate tearing my door panels off tho its such a pain so I just live it on mine
    08 Pse Xforce HF6- 70# @ 29", Winners Choice strings, Limbdriver Pro Rest, Camo TruGlo Micro Brite 3 pin sight, AEP Stabolution 10" camo stab, Apex Gear quiver, Gold Tip Velocity XT 300's @ 29", Spitfire XP PRO 125's, RAGE 2

*live with it I meant....
    My mind works quicker than my man thumbs can type this silly touch screen keyboard!

if it sticks some when locking it manually you need to get inside of the door lock mechanical part of it most likely to clean it up, if not then its the actual switch, if you end up replacing the switch itself if thats the actual problem they usually arent topo hard and most of the time you dont have to take the door panel off, maybe just the top of the arm rest. or like mine where the switch isnbt on the arm rest it just has a small plastic panel covering the rest of it that just pops off and then theres the switches connected to the wires by a plug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaela MMM View Post
    It seems like it sticks a little when I manually lock it though.
    Elite Z28 Snow 65#: Easton Bowfire, Muzzy, Qad, Black Gold, X-factor
    Elite Energy 35:Elite Ultra rest, black gold, easton injexion, x-factor
    Elite Answer *ninja*: QAD, Black Gold, Injexion, Muzzy
    Elite Energy 32 80#

I'll have to get my stepdad to check it out. I'm not sure how I would fix mine.

sounds like an electronic issue. I would have someone who is good/a dealer take a look at it.
    2011 Hoyt Rampage 65 lbs 27 in
    HHA Optimizer 5000
    True Fire Release
    Whisker Biscuit rest
    Rage 2-blade broadheads

step 1, take off doors. step 2, get doors that have no electronics. Problem solved and a bunch of door weight removed
    27" BlackOut Hoyt HPX, Hoyt F7 42 med limbs, shibuya sight, Doinker stabilizer setup, custom grip
    Carbon Express Nano Pro 600 30"
    2011-2013 Jr. USAT

probably has something with the wiring
    Horton Summit
    PSE Bow Madness MP
    Remington 870

get some brake cleaner and try that, wd 40 sometimes gums up the works. and if that doesnt work it might be the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by flexguard View Post
    get some brake cleaner and try that, wd 40 sometimes gums up the works. and if that doesnt work it might be the switch.
    Cool
    -2013 Hoyt Spyder 30 - Blackout - 27"/60lbs Orange Hoyt accessories
    -Ripcord code red - Fuse Carbon connexion stab
    - Rage Cage quiver->>----------> - Rage Chisel Tip -
    -Trophy Ridge Hit-Man 5 - Gold Tip Expedition Hunter - T.R.U. Ball Assassion
    -Joshua 1:9 ~~~http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...9&version=NKJV

I sense sarcasm ^^^

Ya!

You need to fill up your lock fluid resiviour.