Thread: Rage 40 KE ?

Rage 40 KE ?

was thinking about swiching to the Rage 40 KE this year and was wondering if anyone could give there thoughts,pro/cons

shooting a
    TNT REVOLUTION @ 72LB
    BLACK EAGLE ARROWS 350G 28 INCH with a NOCKTURNAL NOCK
    257 FPS
    2012 Hoyt Maxxis 31 black out
    extreme raptor sight
    Qad Ultrarest HD
    WYLD MINERAL PRO STAFF

My father and wife have both used the 40ke with great results. I would use them in a heartbeat.
    John's Custom Prostaff { no other string is even close }

I would recomend the Rage 40 KE if you shoot a low poundage bow and are not getting pass throughs with the standard Rage. My wife pulls back 48# with the Bowtech Destroyer 340 and had a pass through on this Ohio doe at 25 yards she only went about 60 yards.

005.jpg
    Geauga Bow Staff Shooter, Black Eagle Arrows Staff Shooter, Athens Staff Shooter
    Athens Testament,QAD Rest,Doinker 12"Dish,Viper Sight,Target setup,Midas2 rest,27" front and 12"side Bstinger

I shoot 40kes out of a high KE set-up. Excellent flight and penetration. Puts em down quick.

Why not just use the regular Rage?????? The 40KE was designed for low poundage bows and it has a smaller cut size for those lower poundage bows.
    Have a good day and a better hunt

Im not sure about this but i think the original OP was probably concerned that he wouldn't have enough KE to shoot the regular Rages?? That is why he is wanting to shoot the 40 KE'S.
    WYLD MINERAL PRO STAFF
    Bow Tech- D340 Mighty Mite, Viper Sight,Easton Flatline arrows, API Treestand,Tru Ball Pro Diamond Release, Ultimate Camo,QAD HDX Rest, Bow Jax,

Quote Originally Posted by wmdbambibuster View Post
    Im not sure about this but i think the original OP was probably concerned that he wouldn't have enough KE to shoot the regular Rages?? That is why he is wanting to shoot the 40 KE'S.
    The very reason for my response------look in his signature---if that is the bow he is using then no problem with regular rages.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale_B1 View Post
    The very reason for my response------look in his signature---if that is the bow he is using then no problem with regular rages.
    Spot on

i would suggest a blade that will work as it should all the time...... but if you prefer a head that might work, go for it

This would be my 1st mechanical broad head so I don't want to get it wrong. So my like/dislike has a honest opion and not on a screw up on my part. And I don't want it not to open because I picked the wrong one. I've wanted to try these for some time now figured rage would have the bugs worked out of there product by now
    Can anyone tell me how the rage broadhead flys ?
    2012 Hoyt Maxxis 31 black out
    extreme raptor sight
    Qad Ultrarest HD
    WYLD MINERAL PRO STAFF

I shot 40 KE's out of my bow last year, because the regular ones were just too close to the legal cutting diameter in my state. I was shooting a 466 grain arrow @ 270ish FPS.

They did more than I was expecting them too, but I dont like the way the blades always fell out on the walks to the treestand/blind.

Quote Originally Posted by fatkid49 View Post
    This would be my 1st mechanical broad head so I don't want to get it wrong. So my like/dislike has a honest opion and not on a screw up on my part. And I don't want it not to open because I picked the wrong one. I've wanted to try these for some time now figured rage would have the bugs worked out of there product by now
    Stop listening to rumors MOST mechanical heads work excellent. I have found that when people complain about them not opening properly either do not understand how one works or they need to blame something for a poor shot they THOUGHT they had dead on.
    Rage is one of the easiest opening broadheads on the market. I have NOT seen one fail in the last few years I have sold or used them. As far as flight-------I have several packages of them and have NEVER once shot the practice one------I have so much confidence in their flight that I sight in with field points, screw the Rage on and go hunt.

Im 4 for 4 on whitetails with the Rage 40KE with a 50lb Elite.....complete pass throughs on all and all fell with in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by fatkid49 View Post
    they fly great ,,, when they stay closed... and no they do not have all the bugs worked out yet, they still open when they shouldnt and the blades still shear off and bend when they shouldnt... but when they work right they are awesome....

I went the whole entire other way on the spectrum, i decided to shoot the crossbow rage 2 blades. They actually require more energy to open up, but will hold closed through thicker brush. It was one of the best hunting decisions i have ever made

40ke are awesome and can be used on any setup per rage..i have used them with great results..

Not a rage fan but my Dad uses them and only pulls 51lbs and shooting around 255 fps and as long as the placement is right it blows through them
    God Bless Our Troops!

How is it possible to see a Rage open during flight? I have been shooting Rocky Mtn Snypers for years and have yet to loose a deer. They are only 1.25". In the end, it all comes down to shot placement.

The 40ke is the rage that everyone should be using IMO, regardless of KE.
    Mars hills, Manitoba