Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rhinehart archery association???

Yes the R100 does cater much more towards the hunting crowd.

However with that said - doesnt mean they couldnt promote it a little more and have a few "money" classes. They could go off earlier in the morning, shot gun start maybe less targets. Could have an entirely different stake etc.
    Kevin Garceau

Owner: G-Force Archery and Outdoors
    Custom high performance arrows built to your needs.
    I can help with any and all archery accessory needs at competitive pricing

Quote Originally Posted by carlosii View Post
    if mathews were to do that they'd be shooting themselves in the foot, imho. there's a lot of folks who shoot only asa and are walkin' around in them mathews shirts.
    But would those people stop shooting Mathews or switch to another organization that Mathews supports? Not counting contingency money, how much other financial support does Mathews provide the ASA with the Zebra team shoot, Mathews Pro Am, etc?

I'm not for or against Mathews doing something like this, just taking a look at what would happen if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjono View Post
    I would love to try ASA but living in southern Ontario it aint gonna happen. If they could get to NY or Ohio or MI or PA that would be cool. I think the possibilty of Rinehart launching a new federation and shoot calender is very real. I think if the iBO doesn't switch to Rinehart targets next year we will see it happen, bring it on. If the ASA can't be bothered to cater for this area, I will support those that do.
    asa has made some forays into the northern areas, but they didn't produce very good numbers.
    i doubt if a matter of not wanting to be bothered, it is more a matter of just how thin can the organization resources be stretched before the product starts to deteriorate.
    Can you point me toward the target, please?

I use run a clubs archery in pa and when we had the asa qualifers and state championship there nobody wanted to slow there bows down to shoot it. the two organizations need get togther on a common speed number to be at. I like the r-100's and would try a rinehart shooting tour.
    Gold Tip arrows - Dead Center Archery - Bailey Bow Strings
    " Thanks To All Who Help"

Quote Originally Posted by carlosii View Post
    asa has made some forays into the northern areas, but they didn't produce very good numbers.
    i doubt if a matter of not wanting to be bothered, it is more a matter of just how thin can the organization resources be stretched before the product starts to deteriorate.
    Kind of funny IBO goes south for the STC and gets poor attendance and the ASA goes north and gets poor attendance. Whats up with that????????
    People don't want to slow thier bows down or speed them up???
    BUSCH LIGHT PRO STAFF

Rhinehart archery association???

Quote Originally Posted by Archerywarrior View Post
    I use run a clubs archery in pa and when we had the asa qualifiers and state championship there nobody wanted to slow there bows down to shoot it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rock77 View Post
    People don't want to slow their bows down or speed them up???
    You know, this is so much bull I get sick of seeing it. So far the average speed of bows at our club is still far below 280 fps. It's rare to see one that breaks 300 fps.

If anything, most archers don't attend higher profile events is because they don't think they are good enough or they know they are only so good and can't place or win. Hey! I can't blame them. I don't go to some events because I don't want to be a "also-ran" and attending some national event just doesn't turn me on.

Some in here need to get off their dead azzz and check scores and names at the bigger events of their own class. One, some scores don't show fantastic numbers. Two, look at the names down the list. Some never place better than 40th, but they keep competing. Some like the higher profile event. Some like the prestiege; Personally, "I shot the Grand!" doesn't turn me on and especially so if I were to finish in 80th place.

Another personal opinion; Attendance of higher profile events, where state or national, will not increase until more archers can shoot better. This is where organizations and/or clubs need to put more effort. Archers don't go to archery coaches mostly because they can't afford them. One on one, and what, $400 for one day? Club held coaching affairs are usually limited and limited to number archers to attend and still cost the archer in the neighborhood of $100.00.

Carlos replied to this Post - A gentleman I met at Metro a couple of years back. How much did you pay, Carlos? Have you improved to say the cost, time and travel was covered? How much did you pay for that "had-to-have" release after the coaching session? Okay, I'm not knocking you, Carlos, or the coaching, just trying to show that cost and effort needed by all.
    Pearson MarXman, Limb Driver, Muddy Virtue HT3s, Bohning vanes, Sure Loc Challenger,
    Super Ball Peep, Stanislawski MagMicro Trio, Onyx, Blackjack and TRU Ball ST360, 30" Cartel.

Honestly the west coast needs this for 3d. Rhinehart might do well on west coast. Western part of US is wide open for any assc.
    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12