Thread: Two groops with my SZ380..

Two groops with my SZ380..

Hi
    I just shot my SZ380 in my 25yards range...but i have question..With my stryker arrows (395gr) i got bulseye..then i decide to try my Carbon express arrows (465gr), i got another buleseye 3 inches higher !! ..I m wondering why?? is the drop should be more with havier arrows?? and now i don't know what better arrows for my SZ380 !!
    Thank you

Welcome to the world of crossbow arrows !
    The stryker arrows are Gold tip Laser II, they are spined much lighter (flex easier)
    The CE are much heavier , thus are much "stiffer" or heavier spine, and being heavier, have more radius or arc to their flight than the strykers... so at that range they hit higher but will drop sooner than the strykers at longer ranges.
    Put one in your hands and bend it a bit back and forth and then the other , the CE should be much stiffer!

Oh, be careful shooting "groups" , as you may hit a nock and not know it and crack or damage it, and unknowingly shoot it and break the nock causing a dry fire and/or split the arrow with the string and have a mess or get hurt !!
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Vent 150 HHA Vortex
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

Also, even though the new CX Blue Streaks are said to have weight forward technology, the weight FOC with a 100 grain point is around 15% as compared to a GT Laser II with brass insert and 100 grain point which is almost 19% FOC.
    MOON

Super Short Recurve Xbows- The Future of Recurve Hunting Xbows

STRYKER 350- LS 390 COMPOUND XBOWS - YOU CAN SPEND MORE BUT.......

Thank you my friend
    So what you suggest to use?? i have CE and gold tip II and easton power bolt !! .
    Now the problem i m having i have been shootin Shotgun and xbows havier than SZ380..and i notice my hand still shacking and moving when aiming and pulling the trigger!! Is it me getting older or there is trick to get more stable with this high power light weight SZ ??

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Also, even though the new CX Blue Streaks are said to have weight forward technology, the weight FOC with a 100 grain point is around 15% as compared to a GT Laser II with brass insert and 100 grain point which is almost 19% FOC.
    Hi Moon
    So can you tell me whatch kind of arrows better ?? with my Penetrator i didn't have this issue..I love my SZ380..i think this why i shake when i hold her ...LOL

Which ones are shooting the most accurately for you so far?

MOON

Which ones are shooting the most accurately for you so far?
    The stryker sound loud but fast..the Carbon express quieter ..both making groop 2 inches at 25 yards. the CE is higher 3 inches..is that mean its more flat shot??

Pictures, pictures, pictures!

Everyone carries a cell phone. Every cell phone takes images. C'mon!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyunchback View Post
    Pictures, pictures, pictures!

Everyone carries a cell phone. Every cell phone takes images. C'mon!
    I don't know if pictures will help...but i will do some pic(s) for all arrows groop . My Concern was why the 395 gr on the bullezeye and the the 465 Gr was higher 3 inches ?
    I m gonna hold till i get more shooting and pictures

That is spine and weight FOC% issues. Nothing to worry about. Most folks say CX are more consistent from arrow to arrow. I don't see a practical difference (yet) but I'm still comparing.

Can you explain how you are holding the crossbow while aiming?
    MOON

the heavier CE absorbs more of the energy , thus quieter and probably smoother as well ...
    the stryker being lighter and absorbs less of the energy, should be your flatter shooter to a point, but loose plane quicker (start dropping) at longer distance ,, the CE with the extra weight should hold its line longer ( momentum ) ,,, as Moon said its gonna be more of a balancing act with FOC figured in as well, best to shoot them both at whatever distances you choose and see which your bow likes better and holds a better group.
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Vent 150 HHA Vortex
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

Quote Originally Posted by aimo61 View Post
    .... the CE is higher 3 inches..is that mean its more flat shot??
    Like Moon said "That is spine and weight FOC% issues"...The lighter arrow shoots faster - flat shooting. In your case, the original stryker bolts will shoot more flat.
    And what will shoot more consistent, you have to try it...try to shoot at 50yds for example and you will see which perform better in consistency.

Nice bow you have there

milan.

HMStryker-aiming060111A.jpg
    That is spine and weight FOC% issues. Nothing to worry about. Most folks say CX are more consistent from arrow to arrow. I don't see a practical difference (yet) but I'm still comparing.

Can you explain how you are holding the crossbow while aiming?
    Hello my friend Moon
    I hold my xbow chin on the butt stock ( I m left handed), butstock on my shoulder( no too much pressure), right hand on the xbow bottom holder graping it or just holding it from the bottom, finger away from the trigger till i m reday to shoot..when i shoot i use same way shooting Pistol..I found this pic online..too late to make picture now..anyway same shooting technique but on the table.
    thanks for your great help Moon and everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    Like Moon said "That is spine and weight FOC% issues"...The lighter arrow shoots faster - flat shooting. In your case, the original stryker bolts will shoot more flat.
    And what will shoot more consistent, you have to try it...try to shoot at 50yds for example and you will see which perform better in consistency.

Nice bow you have there

milan.
    It is nice xbow and very special..lightest and fastest and most accurate as soon i got it set and learn how to shoot it right..I m gonna try to work on FOC and get stryker arrow with GT to be same weight and FOC.
    Thanks again

Tried all three went back to Gold Tip-Strykers! Moon use to prefer them but last I heard he was launching large posts!
    2 StrykeZone 350's
    Browning Illusion
    T.R.U.Ball Short-N-Sweet

Large posts? :-) I'm still shooting GT's and will probably continue. I fletch my own arrows with 2" vanes and I use aluminum nocks. I saw nothing wrong with the Stryker arrows as far as accuracy is concerned. I do all my practicing and testing using the same shooting position as I use for tree stand and ground hunting and that's sitting with my left elbow resting either on my thigh or side.

Aim, You should get good accuracy with either one of the arrows you are shooting and then go with the one that shoots the best for you.
    MOON

Moon have you found anything large enough for those FMJ, hippo prehaps?
    2 StrykeZone 350's
    Browning Illusion
    T.R.U.Ball Short-N-Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by aimo61 View Post
    Thank you my friend
    So what you suggest to use?? i have CE and gold tip II and easton power bolt !! .
    Now the problem i m having i have been shootin Shotgun and xbows havier than SZ380..and i notice my hand still shacking and moving when aiming and pulling the trigger!! Is it me getting older or there is trick to get more stable with this high power light weight SZ ??
    The disadvantage ... to worshiping "light" weapons. <smile> Find a stronger bone to bone way of bracing your shots. Offhand, I have had some success by using the same mentality I used for shooting vertical bows. I embrace the crosshair movement (or pin wobble) and trust my subconscious to fire the bow at the correct moment. It works surprisingly well. It takes a lot of practice and a lot of trust in your subconscious. BUT ... I get much better precision from a well braced position.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr RamCats, & Firenocks. Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, AcuDraw. Swarovski bino, Leica rangefinder, Surefire, Deerelight & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971