Archery Talk Forum banner

CBE Tek Hunter, Opinions

2K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  zman1 
#1 ·
i have been kinda droolin over these sights for a while,just picked one of these up yesterday and was wondering how people liked them. at first i was not gonna buy it because the pins did not seem that bright, at least compared to my viper preadator microtune. what sold me was the machining and quality of the sight. the tolerances were tight with no slop. was wondering what guys who have had them for a while thought, pros and cons.

#2 ·
I love mine. I hunted with the 5-pin head. The pins are plenty bright, adjustments are solid/precise and there are no rattles.

To save myself some $ over buying a 4th Quad Lite, I decided this weekend that I'm going to convert it over to a "custom Tek Hunter/Target" :shade:

I ordered an extension like the Quad series has, a dovetail like the Quad's have but with quiver mounting holes, a 3rd axis block and a small scope housing. What I wanted to accomplish was to create another target site for a multi-purpose bow. It will be setup for field/fita throughout the summer and then I'll swap back to the 5-pin head come hunting season. My quiver will already be able to be bolted on without even pulling the mounting block off.

Here it is on an old bow and before this "conversion".

#3 ·
Great sight and have used one for years. I shoot a single pin. Easy to move if needed.

I like having the choice to put and aperture I want on it.

#7 ·
Assuming you have the micro adjust windage unit, it is the same as on their target sights. Order a CBE scope housing of your choice, pull the one bolt out of the 5-pin head, bolt on the scope housing.

You probably have a cap-head allen in there now. You would just need the tapered head for the scope housing. They might even be included with the housings, I can't remember.

#14 ·
Not sure on the weight, not as heavy as it looks. I have the Tek-Hybrid which i think might be lighter than the other. I do like the multi-pin sight, looks like its gonna be good for 3D and hunting. When I shot yesterday the pins were plenty bright, not sure about low light conditions but it does have an adjustable setting light so it should be great. The quality is the best I have seen on any sight. I think I will get a single pin head for indoor.

#15 ·
I really like my Tek Hunter XL but I think that the outside housing could be a tad smaller. When I look thru my peep I like to see the edges of my site housing to center it to my peep. But then, thats just me having anal glaucoma.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.