Thread: Technical question about a Bitzenburger Dial-o-Fletch Fletchmaster jig

Technical question about a Bitzenburger Dial-o-Fletch Fletchmaster jig

First of all, I just tried to dial Bitzenburger Machine and Tool. Talk about an unprofessional voicemail! Jeez, you can't even tell you've reached the right number. A quick "leave a message" is all you get! I would have thought a company like this would have a more sophisticated, courteous system in place.

Anyway, what I called them about was the problem I'm having setting up the right-wing clamp to where the cock vane is straight up in line with the string. There are three settings - 120, 90 and 75x105 degrees. I'm using standard three fletches but on the 120 degree setting, there is no "position" that starts the cock vane exactly in line with the string. After applying all three vanes to the shaft, I have to remove the arrow and manually turn the nock about 15 degrees before it is exactly straight up and in line with the string. This is not good when you ruin a single fletching and try to just replace it as there is no position on the nock receiver to reference to. I have to "eyeball' it, which is really no good.

What am I doing wrong??
    BowTech Insanity CPXL ; BowTech Experience
    QAD HDX rests
    Spot Hogg Hunter & Tommy Hogg Sights
    Carter Honey Release
    Deer Crossing Archery Hunter arrows, deadly on everything but the pocketbook!

You are not doing anything wrong. That is the way it comes from the factory. If you want cock vane up, you have to buy a different nock receiver. I think I paid something like 15 bucks from Lancaster for mine.

I've been wondering about this same thing... good to know I need a different receiver.
    2012 PSE Brute X, 60#@29"
    >>>>------------------------>
    http://wildertrek.com > Archery/Outdoors blog | http://emptymags.com > Firearms Blog and Podcast

Poor design if you ask me. Should be adjustable for either mode. But, thanks for the info!!!!
    QAD HDX rests
    Carter Honey Release

I just strip the vanes and replace all three.

I just never replace 1. If 1 needs to be replaced the arrow gets 3 fresh vanes or feathers. But I do agree with you about it being a bigger to get cock vane where you want it on the shaft.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hoyt PCEXL, Vantage Elite + And Matrix with Spirals
    Things I Like: Honey Badger Bowstrings, Gold Tip Arrows, Affordable Stabilizer Weights (ASW), Grave Digger Broadheads, and DS Advantage Products

Just talked to Lancaster Archery. They told me that "that's the way it is" and that they don't make a nock receiver that will put the cock vane straight up that will work on my arrows (Beman ICS 400's). He said they haven't changed in 30 years. That may be so, but how much effort would it take to design a receiver that would provide an index for a cock vane up orientation? Oh well, I guess I'll just keep spinning the nock 15 degrees!
    QAD HDX rests
    Carter Honey Release

Why don't you just mark the nock and your shaft with permanent marker after fletching. Then you can put the nock back in exactly the correct position to go back in the jig?

Quote Originally Posted by mez View Post
    Why don't you just mark the nock and your shaft with permanent marker after fletching. Then you can put the nock back in exactly the correct position to go back in the jig?
    When I need to repace just one fletching, I make a dot at the front and back end of the fletch then twist the nock until it alignes with the fletching in the clamp. Remove the clamp, glue the fletch and put back in place until glue is dry
    Yes, I'm a Dinosaur....
    Heavy draw weight, and fixed blade broadheads. No one ever complains about over penetration.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill 2311 View Post
    When I need to repace just one fletching, I make a dot at the front and back end of the fletch then twist the nock until it alignes with the fletching in the clamp. Remove the clamp, glue the fletch and put back in place until glue is dry
    Exactly. The nock receiver doesn't have to be in one of the detents. Just set it so that the clamp follows the old glue line.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill 2311 View Post
    Good idea and will provide good results. Appears to really be the only alternative, doesn't it?
    QAD HDX rests
    Carter Honey Release

it's just not all that difficult to turn the nock once the arrow is fletched.

Bitz used to make different receivers but with the modern, friction fit nock systems, there really isnt a need to now.
    When the war is over soldiers come home, SAILORS dont. WE will always stand a vigilant watch to protect YOUR way of life.
    It's not that I'm cranky, I just dont care what you think.
    Google isnt all that difficult to use, i'm not gonna spoon feed you info that you're too lazy to look up.