Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tick removal

i'm itching all over just talking about it! i used to hunt in eastern okla. i quit just because ticks were so bad there. i had rather be in a pit of snakes than have a tick on me. i sprayed my yard this morning and will spray about ever 2 or 3 weeks all summer. they are not to bad here but we do have them, people that have dogs have problems here.
    curtis
    martin onza 3 , rytera nemesis
    pearson legend , pearson advantage, pearson marxman

It takes ticks 24 hours to set in. so it doesnt matter if the spit or puke as long as you find them in time. just went through all this at the doctors a couple weeks ago. had to get traeted for lime disease. had a small ring and the doctor said there was a 30% chance of lime in the area i got it in(cali). Becuase i had no idea how long he was therei had to get treated.
    14 Strother Vital
    14 Xpedition Xcentric
    13 Athens Convixtion
    12 Athens Exceed
    12 Athens Afllixion

I live in Florida so they are everywhere here all year long. I sprinkle flea and tick powder on pant cuff when going out in woods during spring and summer then take bleach bath once I get home. Tweezer them if they stick but the chiggers are what gets me they're just so dang itchy and once they get you your got for at least week. I use more of the old ladies fingernail polish than she does during turkey season and getting ready for deer

I hate ticks more than I hate spiders..... Two things this guy doesn't mess with..... Not much else scares me.... 'cept fer Chuck Norris....
    2014 Elite Energy 32-Hunting Rig
    2005 Bowtech Allegiance-Back up rig
    Carter Releases/TRU Ball/Titespot/QAD/GoldTip/BeeStinger
    WinnersChoice/SlickTrick/NAP/Blazer

They are THICK in Iowa this year!!!! We went out to shoot tonight and I ended up getting between 30-35 off of me by the time I got home and took a shower. I got more ticks off of my pants & body today than I have in the last 10 years combined!!! My damn skin is still crawling.
    John's Customs Pro Staff Manager

I use vaseline. I smother the tick with it. In a few minutes, the tick backs itself out due to lack of oxygen. I've used this method with great success. I also tuck my pants in my boots and tie my boots tight. You can also spray a diluted solution of lawn and yard tick and mosquito killer from Ortho on your clothes. Hang outside for a few days until fully dry. There will be no smell and ticks and mosquitoes won't come near you.
    The Lord Jesus Christ is our saviour. Only he can give us eternal life.

I f I have a tick I just go find my wife tell her I bought another bow and the HI pitch yelling make the tick back out, jump off, and go commit suicide!
    14 Strother Vital
    14 Xpedition Xcentric
    13 Athens Convixtion
    12 Athens Exceed
    12 Athens Afllixion

Quote Originally Posted by 1arw@atime View Post
    I f I have a tick I just go find my wife tell her I bought another bow and the HI pitch yelling make the tick back out, jump off, and go commit suicide!
    Not sure thats humane or ethical.
    My other bow is a Marlin 1895G 45-70 Gov't open sights
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiobooners View Post
    In all seriousness I do hope ppl understand that a deer is not worth losing your dignity over.

http://www.tickinfo.com/protickremedy.htm

http://www.scs-mall.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ptrc2m

Quote Originally Posted by Fortyneck View Post
    Not sure thats humane or ethical.
    Im a tick poacher?
    14 Strother Vital
    14 Xpedition Xcentric
    13 Athens Convixtion
    12 Athens Exceed
    12 Athens Afllixion

Quote Originally Posted by 1arw@atime View Post
    Im a tick poacher?
    Never said it was illegal, just cruel and unusual.
    My other bow is a Marlin 1895G 45-70 Gov't open sights
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiobooners View Post
    In all seriousness I do hope ppl understand that a deer is not worth losing your dignity over.

I pull ticks with tweezers, and use prep H on chiggers. Just put some on and the redbugs back out. helps with the itching also.

Will this work for ball bag removal?

It is scary how much bad info is in this one thread and others on this subject. Why anyone believes anything that gets sent around in mass emails is beyond me...but then again bad and false info about tick borne diseases are common enough that even doctors can be misinformed (as I found out personally twice before finding a correctly informed doc).

I have not had Lymes disease, but did have Ehrlichiosis which is from a tick and very similar to Lymes. Symptoms are pretty much the same and treatment is the same. Even after having that, I am not afraid or paranoid of ticks. A little spray to keep them off is about as far as I go, and I don't bother with that if I am wearing rubber boots with pants tucked in. I guess I am lucky that I don't have many bite me because I usually feel them crawling before they take hold. If you get one, just pull it off straight and gentle. Be aware of the symptoms and seek treatment if you have any of them. The "bullseye" rash is a sure tell but the absence of it is NOT a sure fire signal that you don't have a problem. If the head breaks off in your skin, don't panic. It may cause a surface skin irritation or infection but that is not a big deal.
    watch our hunting and bowfishing webcast at AimNLowTV.com

Quote Originally Posted by fortyneck View Post
    never said it was illegal, just cruel and unusual.
    lol
    14 Strother Vital
    14 Xpedition Xcentric
    13 Athens Convixtion
    12 Athens Exceed
    12 Athens Afllixion

I keep a jar of minced garlic in the frig. and will dip my finger in the juice and rub it around and over the tick and it will let go. I know that this could also cause the tick to throw up but the garlic has antiseptic qualities to it that I believe help this. Just my way of doing it, not saying it's right.
    Martin Cougar III Elite, Nitrous
    String & Cables - CRACKERS
    Arrows - Easton Epic
    Finger tab - CAVALIER

Quote Originally Posted by Nichko View Post
    Will this work for ball bag removal?
    That has got to be the worst spot to have a tick
    member of narragansettbowhunters.org

Thanks for the tip! I just used it on my cat. I put a big glob of liqued body wash (mango and pomegranate if it matters ) on a Q-tip and that sucker came out in less than 30 seconds. It worked great.

Thanks again!
    Sent via my 1918 Bell hand crank phone

I have pulled THOUSANDS of ticks off myself with just my two fingers...never been sick. There are many ways to skin a cat, but if the one you've always used works fine, then why change it?
    Looking for 1-2 members to join my W/C Illinois Lease...send me a PM!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortyneck View Post
    ^^^^This^^^^

Just use tweezers.

Fire and chemicals just increase your chances of getting lymes.
    word. most of the tricks don't work well. just yank em
    NEW Mongrel LOGO on TEAM PAGE
    Quote Originally Posted by Standbanger View Post
    Pinski you are the Archery innovator of the decade.
    Vortex Optics
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...post1061263717 The Great Mongrel Thread

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123