Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was your First 3d score

What was your First 3d score

I finally went out and shot in my first ever 3d shoot.

I had a blast and I will deff be doing it alot more.

I shot the bowhunter class and I ended up with a score of 281. Honestly I was happy I didn't lose any arrows or embarrass my self.

The people I shot with said that was really good for my first time but I didn't know if they were just being nice lol.

Hopefully I do better next time and I am deff going to bring a pair of binoculars haha.

Can't remember, too long ago.

How many targets did you shoot at? What maximum distance, 12 rings or 11 rings?

Kev
    <><
    Kev <><
    2011 Black Supra 60# for target, 38" ATA
    2011 Black Supra 60# for hunting, 38" ATA
    "I have never let down and then wished that I hadn't."

A 158 the first year I started shooting on 20 targets. Have loved every minute of it since.
    Elite Pulse Black/Snow 27.5/60, Spott Hogg and limbdriver smooth as butter!
    Elite Answer Ninja 27.5/60, HHA and limb driver slicker than owl snot!!

375 on a 40 shot course and I had a crap load of 5's, I fell in love with a cheesburger at the half way point and learned that having your hunting quiver isn't needed because there are hip quivers. I also noticed that having a set of binos would be handy because I couldn't see the rings and a true kill shot got you a 8 most of the time.

I was such a newby.

I think around 240 on a 30 shot course with 12 centers. That was as an adult. I went to a couple back in high school but I don't have a clue how those scores came out. Probably awful.
    I must be doing something wrong. I keep shooting the animals but they won't die.

20 yrs ago when there were no 12's and i was 13 i doubt if i broke 100 lol

Scored somewhere in the 260's or a 30 target course w/ 12's. Had a miss and bunches of 8's. Like said above, I had no binoculars and shooting to kill scored a lot of those 8's.

By the way, good job on your score.

We interrupt this marriage to bring you........Hunting Season!!!
    2010 Elite GT 500 Realtree AP 29.5@65
    Armortech HD 7 pin, G5 pro, Stokerized 10" hunter and ss1
    Tightspot Carbon Express Piledrivers, G5 strikers & SGH
    Truball short n sweet s2, 60X custom strings

Quote Originally Posted by 3dbowmaster View Post
    20 yrs ago when there were no 12's and i was 13 i doubt if i broke 100 lol
    Very similar story here. Mine was about 21 years ago. I was 11 and I'd be surprised if I averaged much more than 5 pts/target. I remember my arrows finding lots of trees and rocks........and now I look back and can't believe that my mom could afford it.

Thanks Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by tmorelli View Post
    Very similar story here. Mine was about 21 years ago. I was 11 and I'd be surprised if I averaged much more than 5 pts/target. I remember my arrows finding lots of trees and rocks........and now I look back and can't believe that my mom could afford it.

Thanks Mom!
    Yep i was hooked too!!!!

I just shot my first 3d on Sunday. 225 out of 300. I have a lot of room for improvement. I need binocs next time so i can see the scoring zone it was a good time
    2010 Elite Z28 70# AP Realtree Camo
    Tru Fire Edge Extreme 360 Foldback

The corse I was at had 30 targets with 12 being the max score at each target.

Since I had no binos I just kinda aimed at the other ppls arrows. I kept missing high which kept me around the 10 zone.

My first ever was a 237 from the youth hunter stake on a 30 target course scoring 11's. I have been totally obsessed ever since. I now shoot MBO with my target rig and MBR with my hunting rig. I end up even or a few under on most courses.
    Doinker, TRU-Ball, Axcel, AAE, GoldTip, PSE, BCY, Bohning, G5
    Other things I like: Specialized, Ford, DPMS, McMillan, Badger Ordinance, Magpul, Streamlight, AAC, Ruger, Marlin, Remington, Leupold, Aimpoint, Kimber, H&K, Benchmade, Kershaw, Gerber...

Show-Me State..on a little pond called Lake Pomme De Terre
    I didn't even keep a score for 6 or 8 shoots,didn't want to discourage myself;just shot where I would if I were going for a heart/lower lung.Then the competition bug hit me and started shooting for score{by the way,I still say the rings should coincide with vitals more anatomically},but have been mostly an "even" shooter since.I just can't seem to get any better at judging yardage.
    Taxidermist/ commercial tannery owner and bow tuning shop 32 yrs and running... Prime Centroid for hunting/Prime Impact for 3D & spots....If it ain't Prime,it ain't perfect!

I was 15 and shot a 245 on a 30 target.

My first 3d shoot was actually this year where they count 12 rings. I shot in bowhunters class with a max of 40 yds and 25 targets. i shot a 203 and had a ball. now it feels more like a job than just plain ol' fun.
    Hoyt CRX 32

"Freedom is only the distance between the hunter and his prey."-Zhao Zhenka

Shot my first one the other week. I ended up with a 243 on a 30 target course. Not the greatest but I just started archery 6 months ago.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    2013 Hoyt Spyder Turbo 29" 73#
    2014 Obsession Evolution 29" 70# (On Order!)
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Quote Originally Posted by D.Short View Post
    I didn't even keep a score for 6 or 8 shoots,didn't want to discourage myself;just shot where I would if I were going for a heart/lower lung.Then the competition bug hit me and started shooting for score{by the way,I still say the rings should coincide with vitals more anatomically},but have been mostly an "even" shooter since.I just can't seem to get any better at judging yardage.
    Yeah I was kinda surprised the rings and vitals didn't match up better. But I guess it is more difficult to find a reference point then aim based off of that.

It is kinda hard to be anatomically correct when you are shooting at a giant cobra also.

I remember my first one when i beleive i was six years old. I had the little red bow with the fiberglass arrows. I think I hit 18 out of 40 targets lol. I am sure i scored around 100. Thise little red bow days are what still has me hooked today.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I can't remember what it was....I know it wasn't that high though.....>This was back in the day...First bow I bought myself..and well the arrows I could buy ..*(not knowing any better) ..was ...get ready for it.....2219xx75........This also is when the white state was 50plus yards.....so you can think of the arch with a browning coyote bow...and 2219 about 30 inch long.....
    In God we Trust all others pay CASH

I message from my phone...so posts are short and sweet . No need for grammar , figure it out man.

Once finals are over next week I plan on doing my first 3D shoot sometime soon after! Greatly looking forward to it. Shooting at targets are fun, but it gets boring/redundent fast if I'm not doing something like sighting in.
    Rise and rise again... Until lambs become lions.

my first was about 3 years ago and i scored a whopping 158, i now average 275 and its still a lot of fun.it was on a 30 target course with 11's being the highest. i had my first miss in 7 shoots just this sunday, but all in all it was good used the same arrow the rest of the shoot.i also shoot open class now alot it helps me with my hunting confidence and its very challenging.

229 at 30 yard max, on 25 targets, scoring lower 12.

What was your First 3d score

I honestly can't remember, but remember missing the first target out, a Caribou. But that first time shooting 3D gave me the "bug" and I went on a all out quest to get gooder . By the next year I got gooder. I remember the388/400 score that gave me my first 1st place trophy and the bow I shot it with, a Golden Eagle Evolution, single cam.
    Pearson MarXman, Limb Driver, Muddy Virtue HT3s, Bohning vanes, Sure Loc Challenger,
    Super Ball Peep, Stanislawski MagMicro Trio, Onyx, Blackjack and TRU Ball ST360, 30" Cartel.

I am really sure because it was so long ago, some where around 25yrs. But I think it was around 250 on a 30 target course.Had a great time with friends and have'nt stopped since then.
    Live life to the fullest, shoot straight. (BIG DOGZ).
    Hoyt, Trueball, Axcel, Control Freak Stabs, Alpen, Podium Plus Bowstrings, Bow Jax,
    Team BigDogz , Support Epilepsy Awareness.

My first 3d shoot was on a military base 6 years ago. 30 rineharts, using only 5, 8, and 10 rings.
    I don't remember my score but it was enough to win and get me hooked on the sport. That trophy means more to me than anything I've won since.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    The Original Bling Sling. www.hnsarchery.com
    I make the Bling Sling
    NASP "Homeschool Team" Leader
    Level 2, USA Archery Instructor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast