a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anything good to give me a boost before workout?

Anything good to give me a boost before workout?

Is there anything safe, that's worth taking to give me a boost before I lift and or run? Don't want something to make my heart feel like its gonna explode. My INTENSITY is pretty good as it is, but figure I could always get a little more.

how about a cup of coffee?

I've found that what and how much I eat and when I eat it before a workout can affect my energy. If I have a regular "big" dinner and head to the gym 30-45 minutes later, sometimes I feel a little sluggish. (some days this is what I do, as life is busy and it's when I can work things into the schedule)

On the other hand, if I have a lighter meal, and I head to the gym an hour, or hour and a half later, sometimes I feel revved up and ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    Yeah, I drink several cups of coffee before.

And I tend to work out in the morning, then eat breakfast right after.

sounds like that's about as intense as you're going to get without sticking a needle in your ass!

This - I often drink coffee while lifting.

sounds like that's about as intense as you're going to get without sticking a needle in your ass!
    lol...yeah, thats what I thought.

I have been using Jack3d. Seems to work pretty well for me so far. I work 10 hour days and feel a bit sluggish after work on some days.

Quote Originally Posted by owmygulay View Post
    I have been using Jack3d. Seems to work pretty well for me so far. I work 10 hour days and feel a bit sluggish after work on some days.
    2x.
    I've been alternating between Jack3d and Hemo Rage. I prefer Jack3d a bit more since it doesn't give me that insane jittery feeling. Being able to sleep the same night is also a plus...

if morning workouts is your thing, razor 8 blast powder from ALLMAX Nutrition is pretty good. If thats to much for you, you could also try muscle prime from ALLMAX. Its a less intense pre workout supplement.
    Cycle North Powersports Prince George, BC Canada
    National 3d champion
    Provincial indoor fita champion
    Bow Hunter and avid outdoorsman

APS mesomorph Its not really going to give you energy hit as such. But it will have a big effect with stamina witch I feel is much more usfull then any energy drink.

Scivation Novem is good. As well as E-Pharm clear shot. I actually prefer clear shot over cofee. Much smoother for me.

I've literally tried everything short of steroids. Read and researched every piece of literature I could find on pre-workout supplements too.

My conclusion? 200 to 400 milligrams of caffeine. That's it.

NO supplements give me a screaming headache and and the runs. No fun.

A ton of carbs make me sleepy.

The only proven results I've had have come from a simple and cheap dose of caffeine and a post workout shake of 30 to 60 grams of whey and 5 to 10 g of Glutamtine.

Been at it for 15 years and am consistantly improving-I.E. in the best shape of my life.

Don't get caught up in the hype. Nothing replaces the basics and HARD WORK!

Good luck!
    -Jason

Nature's Echo Call Co.

I have only tried 2 ( well, if you count coffee, then I have tried 3) . Jack3D and NOxplode. The jack3d definitely gives me the most "pick up" or my 5:30 am workouts

^this
    Jack3D gives a pretty good bump.
    Message to all drunk chicks posting: Send me a PM...lets chat!!

Coffee is cheap and just as good as the high dollar crap the fitness outlets push. If you dont like the taste try green tea or black tea

Another vote for Jack3d. I used to use SuperPump Max, but didn't like how it made me feel like I was on crack or something. Between work, school, and family I usually can't get to the gym until after 10p.m. Taking one scoop of Jack3d gives me just the right amount of energy to help me push through my workouts.

If you want a pump and some energy take Assault.
    2012 Mathews Z9
    31" Draw
    LimbDriver Rest
    4" Axion Stabilizer
    HHA Slider

1 M.R. is a little more potent than Jack3d for me..And it just takes one scoop whereas I was taking 3 scoops of Jack3d due to quick tolerance build up. I didn't feel a thing off MP Assault.

1MR and Jackd 3D if they don't cause stomach irritation. Coffee also a good choice not quite as potent but better then nothing....
    Mathews Z7 - classic
    Hoyt Spyder 30
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30

Take aminos while you workout helps.

I use a sandwich. Peanut butter, wheat germ, honey. You will lift like Atlas, and swim like a beaver, and run like Jessy Owens Jim Ryan combined! Have a good work out. It's healthy, taste good, puts food on the panza.

Quote Originally Posted by gambino View Post
    Coffee is cheap and just as good as the high dollar crap the fitness outlets push.
    Coffee gets your blood moving, but it's not on the same level as a good pre workout supplement.
    Message to all drunk chicks posting: Send me a PM...lets chat!!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Coffee gets your blood moving, but it's not on the same level as a good pre workout supplement.
    you obviously drink **** coffee.

for years i tried all of that crap from gnc, etc. it's all just crap. you're $50 tub of NOexplode isn't going to be the thing that gives you the 400lb bench. trust me on this one. supplement companies have people right where they want them. if you need to get that amped up for your workout, you obviously don't like working out. get a new hobby

you're $50 tub of NOexplode isn't going to be the thing that gives you the 400lb bench.
    And coffee is?

No one said anything about a pre-workout increasing their bench numbers.

And no, coffee is not on the level of 1 M.R. or Craze.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast