Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arc Tec cable slide

Arc Tec cable slide

Just wondering if any of you pros besides jesse broadwaters have tried or are using the arc tec cpr cable slide any help would be great.would like to here your pros or cons or if it has helped could you give a brief testimonial.thank you

A win in vegas for the arc tec and no one has even tried it.?

Quote Originally Posted by bassbusta01 View Post
    A win in vegas for the arc tec and no one has even tried it.?
    I'm trying one now. great concept. The only issue i had is the darn thing didn't fit in my hoyt cable guard mount. I've talked to a friend who is using one and he didn't have a problem with his Hoyt. I did manage to squeeze it into a sureloc cable guard mount so I could give it a try.

Once I got it on a bow it does seem to take some of the left/rights out of my groups at longer distances. I just wish I could put the thing in my riser mounts.

It does work as advertised and is very easy to instal and tune. I like it a lot better than the torque tamer. The only con to it is price but talking to a machinest the price is inline with the quality of parts and wormanship.
    Matt Anderson (Average Joe)
    U.S Navy Retired Chief Petty Officer VP Navy
    Bow\Gold Tip/Feather Vision\ Limb Savers/QAD\Spot-Hogg/B-Stinger\
    "When all is said and done, it's not the shots that won the championship that you remember, but the friendships you made along the way"

I see Albina Loginova is also using one. It can be seen in the Shanghai videos.
    OK Archery DST40
    AlphaMax 35 - "Deer Shiner" Blue Fusion

Reaper Custom Strings

Quote Originally Posted by AT_X_HUNTER View Post
    I'm trying one now. great concept. The only issue i had is the darn thing didn't fit in my hoyt cable guard mount. I've talked to a friend who is using one and he didn't have a problem with his Hoyt. I did manage to squeeze it into a sureloc cable guard mount so I could give it a try.

Once I got it on a bow it does seem to take some of the left/rights out of my groups at longer distances. I just wish I could put the thing in my riser mounts.
    Mine went into a Contender(s), but tight on the Matte Black, little easier on the anodized one. Make sure you dont have any burrs at the ends of the two holes, and especially where the set screw hole meets the hole. The black riser needed some tapping with a plastic hammer, but had it in and out a couple time with no damage to the carbon rod. A hairdryer will help open the holes up too.

Jury is still out regarding my results. I found the tilt tamer a bit more forgiving than stock, I expect the same from this.

Quote Originally Posted by GWFH View Post
    Mine went into a Contender(s), but tight on the Matte Black, little easier on the anodized one. Make sure you dont have any burrs at the ends of the two holes, and especially where the set screw hole meets the hole. The black riser needed some tapping with a plastic hammer, but had it in and out a couple time with no damage to the carbon rod. A hairdryer will help open the holes up too.

Jury is still out regarding my results. I found the tilt tamer a bit more forgiving than stock, I expect the same from this.
    I was thinking about trying it but being that I have the same problem with both my Vantages and both are anno'd I'm hoping I just got an oversized one. I hate to strip the annodizing or do anything to alter the size of the holes becasue that might make the stock cable guard too loose if I went back to them. Thanks though.

I put one on a brand new hoyt vantage elite plus, it had brand new strings and had never been shot, checked timing and cam lean and then shot it thru paper and bullet hole, checked it at a couple other distances and was easiest bow i have ever set up or tune, planning on getting another one for my other vantage elite plus
    Hoyt Shop Shooter, Jim Cox Adventures, B-Stinger Pro Staff

I have one on my Contender Elite (tightness was a problem for me too). Looks like it is a bit more forgiving.

has anyone tried it on a Supra/PSE? I hear they have each of the 4 limbs at different "limb deflection" levels to combat cam lean so am concerned about negating this if I use the arctec on my Supra.

Quote Originally Posted by fanio View Post
    I have one on my Contender Elite (tightness was a problem for me too). Looks like it is a bit more forgiving.

has anyone tried it on a Supra/PSE? I hear they have each of the 4 limbs at different "limb deflection" levels to combat cam lean so am concerned about negating this if I use the arctec on my Supra.
    Got it... tried it...IMHO pointless on a PSE vs. the factory installed adjustable rod.

I literally had it on there an hour. It was easy/simple to setup install. Good product, no complaints there at all but I found zero advantage and no better result than what I already had.
    www.FeatherVisions.com -Archery Optical Professionals
    Custom Scope Lenses, Shooting Glasses, Scopes and Shooting Accessories - 25 yrs Licensed Optician - Professional Archer
    Worlds Largest Archery Scope Lens Supplier - Since 1997. OEM Lens Supplier for 13 Scope Companies
    CBE, HHA, EXTREME, Sword, PSE, Spot Hogg, Black Gold, CR Archery, Hind Sight, Square-Up

thanks, that's helpful.

I have one for sale if anyone wants one.Its under general items and again under cams and stuff in classifieds or just PM me.
    Repeat your process,Concentrate then follow through!

Quote Originally Posted by blueglide1 View Post
    I have one for sale if anyone wants one.Its under general items and again under cams and stuff in classifieds or just PM me.
    Its gone.
    Repeat your process,Concentrate then follow through!

I've got 2 as well that need new homes...

1 brand new in pkg, never opened... the other is new "with pkg" but has been opened and was installed for about an hour..

willing to sell VERY cheap.... make a reasonable offer and it's yours (fwiw LAS sells them new for 90$)

msg to chuckcooley@gmail if your interested

CHuck

Classified post:
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...post1064278896
    Custom Scope Lenses, Shooting Glasses, Scopes and Shooting Accessories - 25 yrs Licensed Optician - Professional Archer
    Worlds Largest Archery Scope Lens Supplier - Since 1997. OEM Lens Supplier for 13 Scope Companies
    CBE, HHA, EXTREME, Sword, PSE, Spot Hogg, Black Gold, CR Archery, Hind Sight, Square-Up

Hey...thanks buddy!!! I sent you a PM (on May 28th) asking you to sell me one of those things!!!! Oh well....I'm the red-headed step child out here in Vegas!!!LOL!!!!! Good seeing you at Redding!!!
    2013 PRO STAFF SHOOTER FOR: * SURE-LOC SIGHTS...THE ICON * EASTON ARCHERY PRODUCTS * DOINKER STABILIZATION-ESTREMO PLATINUM SERIES!! * PROLINE BOWSTRINGS-THE ONLY STRINGS "CUZ" TRUSTS!! * SPECIALTY ARCHERY PRODUCTS * FLEX-FLETCH PRODUCTS...FF-187!! * CARTER RELEASES-SIMPLE 1's BY vftcandy!!!! * ACCUNOCKS * A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL MY SPONSORS!! * AND A SPECIAL "THANK YOU" TO JESUS CHRIST & MY WIFE AND KIDS!!!

Ugghh...sorry about that.

I just read your note. I missed it earlier... totally sorry about that.
    In the long run...consider it a favor

BTW - these are sold

Quote Originally Posted by FV Chuck View Post
    I've got 2 as well that need new homes...

1 brand new in pkg, never opened... the other is new "with pkg" but has been opened and was installed for about an hour..

willing to sell VERY cheap.... make a reasonable offer and it's yours (fwiw LAS sells them new for 90$)

msg to chuckcooley@gmail if your interested

CHuck

Classified post:
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...post1064278896

You really didn't like that little bent bar did ya!!!!!!!LOL!!! You know everythings cool!!! Thanks man and God bless!!

Quote Originally Posted by FV Chuck View Post
    Ugghh...sorry about that.

I just read your note. I missed it earlier... totally sorry about that.
    In the long run...consider it a favor
    2013 PRO STAFF SHOOTER FOR: * SURE-LOC SIGHTS...THE ICON * EASTON ARCHERY PRODUCTS * DOINKER STABILIZATION-ESTREMO PLATINUM SERIES!! * PROLINE BOWSTRINGS-THE ONLY STRINGS "CUZ" TRUSTS!! * SPECIALTY ARCHERY PRODUCTS * FLEX-FLETCH PRODUCTS...FF-187!! * CARTER RELEASES-SIMPLE 1's BY vftcandy!!!! * ACCUNOCKS * A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL MY SPONSORS!! * AND A SPECIAL "THANK YOU" TO JESUS CHRIST & MY WIFE AND KIDS!!!

LOL... yeah - I wasnt a huge fan, I'm sure it's fine on other rigs but for the PSE Supra and Dominator 3-D I saw no improvement

For those who put it on a Hoyt... how easy was it to tune... how did you go about it, group tuning at longer distances?

thanks..

B~
    "Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words."
    "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
    -St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by Brad HT View Post
    For those who put it on a Hoyt... how easy was it to tune... how did you go about it, group tuning at longer distances?

thanks..

B~

I just set it so I had vane clearance. It brought my sight in better alignment with my string/arrow. It took some left/rights out of my longer distance groups. Hoyt's have some torque built into them, this seems to help take some of that out.

Quote Originally Posted by AT_X_HUNTER View Post
    I just set it so I had vane clearance. It brought my sight in better alignment with my string/arrow. It took some left/rights out of my longer distance groups. Hoyt's have some torque built into them, this seems to help take some of that out.
    So, Im trying to think how my setup is now, but does this bring the cables in closer than the stock guard, or does it move the cables out further than the stock guard.....? Im just trying to picture in my head how this is setup and how it differs from whats on my bow now.

Its such an interesting idea, and I am curious to see if it can take some out of my groups at longer distances....

B~
    "Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words."
    "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
    -St. Francis of Assisi

Hi I just got a ss bar & put a bend in it for my Hoyt UE

First off, a lot of people think that a "bent or off-set" cable rod is the same thing....the ArcTec cable rod has two carbon fiber rods joined together by an "elbow" that allows the rod closest to the string to be angled in towards the string. When you set it up, your fletching will have about 3mm of clearance from the cables. Then as you draw the bow, the cables move along the angled rod, towards the main strings (this is the same place the cables would be if you didn't have a cable rod at all!). There is no way your arrows would clear the cables at this point (they would shoot right through the cables!!)....SO...when you release your arrow, the cable slide outward..on the cable rod, so that the arrow (and its vanes) will once again have clearance from the cables. You

You can adjust the rod in or out to accommodate any size shaft or fletching. I can say that my scope housing (which is usually to the left of my arrow shaft....I'm right handed), is now right in line with my arrow shaft and I have less rights and lefts at 50 yards and above. I have a pretty good grip that is repeatable, but I STILL induce SOME torque on my bow. The ArcTec has seamed to reduce this to the point that it is 99% gone now!! I personally think...FOR ME....it is worth the money!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad HT View Post
    So, Im trying to think how my setup is now, but does this bring the cables in closer than the stock guard, or does it move the cables out further than the stock guard.....? Im just trying to picture in my head how this is setup and how it differs from whats on my bow now.

Its such an interesting idea, and I am curious to see if it can take some out of my groups at longer distances....

B~

yes i have one now instaled on my vantage elite plus and dont plan in it coming off anytime soon i shot my best 40 yard group friday about the size of a quater three arrows super happy with the combo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast