Thread: Need pics and or instruction on stagered 3 vanes for increased BH stabilization

Need pics and or instruction on stagered 3 vanes for increased BH stabilization

Was reading some posts on fletching arrows with 4 vanes for better broadhead stabilization. I have a Bohning blazer helix jig that locks in the standard 3 positions, don't think I could do 4 vanes on it. Then was reading about staggering 3 vanes. If I start with 1st vane about 1'' from end of shaft how far down the shaft should the 2nd and 3rd be? Thanks

it doesnt matter for stabilizing BHs, people have tried it with no real differences, stay with regular 3 vane setup and make sure bows tuned and you have proper spine and youll achieve FP to BH flight like 95% of people do
    Hoyt Vector35 - QAD - Spot-Hogg - Doinker - Easton - FOB's
    Hoyt Dorado 50# - FMJ's
    T.R.U. Ball www.truball.com FOB's www.Starrflight.com Doinker www.doinker.com
    "If you dont stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!"

Just looking for something different to try.

I would say probably 1/2 inch farther down on each one
    '11 Bowtech Assassin Black Ops 72# 28", Copper John Mark 1, Ripcord Code Red, 290 fps
    '07 Reverse AT Bowtech Allegiance with Rev Cams, 71# 28"HHA OL-5019, Limbdriver ProV, 281 fps
    100 grain Magnus Buzzcuts and Slicktrick Grizztricks on 394 grain GT Expedition Hunters

I have done the stangered with no real help with flight. If you need more stabilization on bh try 4 fletch. That helped me way more

what i have found to work very well with broadheads is 2" blazers with a helical that is where the vane will twist around the shaft of the arrow giving them a cup if you will causing them to catch more air and stabilizing the arrow i am shooting 390 ACC pro hunter arrows with 2" blazer vanes and G5 montech broadheads