View Poll Results: Which 125gr head for...

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Slick Trick

15 23.81%
  • Slick Trick mags

37 58.73%
  • MX 3

3 4.76%
  • Magnus 4 blade Stinger

8 12.70%

Thread: Slick Trick stds or mags, MX 3, or 4 blade Stingers

Slick Trick stds or mags, MX 3, or 4 blade Stingers

Trying to decide on a broadhead for this up coming deer season. I know I will be shooting a 125 gr head. I will be using a Alphaburner, 60#s, 29" draw. My total arrow weight should be around 410gr...
    Black Widow PMA III, Toelke Whip, Black Widow PCH (yew & bubinga),Browning Wasp

Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Luke 6: 37

My choice would be the Slick trick mags but in 100 grain.

Stage 1 Strings Hunting PS / Fury X Archery SS / Dead Center Archery PS / Slick Trick PS / Gold Tip AS / Carbomask PS / Trophy Blend Scents PS / Tenzing FS / Bohning SS / U-Slide PS / Spot Hogg PS / TightSpot Quiver PS / Mossy Oak PS / Swarovski Field Tech / Team QAD PS

Slick Trick mags. I would look at the Grizztrick as well...

bump
    Black Widow PMA III, Toelke Whip, Black Widow PCH (yew & bubinga),Browning Wasp

Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Luke 6: 37

As you can see in my sig that I shoot muzzy's so you know what I voted for.

4 blade stingers.

Slick Trick Mags.
    Better archery through science.
    Vectrix XL #60 31.5"
    Strother Moxie #50 31.5"
    www.carbofastdirect.com

ST mags

I have to echo the Slick Trick Mags but in 100 grain.

I've had good luck with the Slick Trick Standards. They fly great and penetrate great too. I'm sure the Magnum is great too, but I prefer the blade angle of the Standard. I plan on trying the Viper Trick this fall.

I used to shoot the slick trick standards and have switched to the mags. I would opt for the 100 grain for your set-up.

Howard Hill Red Hawk 68" 46@28
    Bamabows Tribute 68" 60@28
    Bamabows Elite Classic 64" 50@28

Muzzy mx3 125 grain
    2015 PSE Decree (on order soon) HHA Optimizer, Gold Tip Hunters, Grim Reaper Fatal Steel, Axion Stab, Axion Pulse rest , Ridgerunner Sling

Just food for thought on Muzzy. Out west where I hunt, a pass-through has a high chance of finding a pebble or rock as it skips across the open countryside for 30-60 yards, and the tip can take a pounding. I really like being able to replace the tip on my MX-3! IMO, everything you have listed is a great head. Good luck!!!

Hard to beat the ST Mags for your set up and for whitetails!
    "His arrow will flash like lightning." Zechariah 9:14
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30, CBE Tek Hybrid sight, QAD Ultra Rest HDX, Injexion Arrows & Blazers, QAD Exodus broadheads, TightSpot quiver, Stokerized SS1 stabilizer, Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Zeiss Conquest HD binocs, Leica 1000R rangefinder, Kifaru Timberline 2 pack, Bark River Gunny Hunter blade, Kuiu clothing, Lowa Cevedale boots

Magnus 4blade Buzzcuts/Stingers shoot great out of my Burner, same specs as yours. Couldn't possibly go wrong with the ST Mags.

slick trick mags
    Strother Infinity.Stage 1 Strings
    QAD rest,Spot Hogg sight,Dead Center archery stab. Tree Limb quiver
    QAD Exodus and spitfire broadheads,gold tip xt 5575, predator camo,scent loc ,lone wolf climber

I shoot the same bow, draw, and weight, but my finished arrow is 476gr. I am shooting Magnus Buzzcuts and they fly very well! From what I have heard and what I have personally seen, I don't think you could go wrong with the ST Mags either.