Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lady fired because of credit report...

Quote Originally Posted by Dchiefransom View Post
    Doesn't your credit score take a hit each time someone checks it?
    It's supposed to factor in overall, yeah.
    ~Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do.
    ~Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.
    ~An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dchiefransom View Post
    Doesn't your credit score take a hit each time someone checks it?
    Not really... if you check it every once in a while it won't matter at all. If you go from lender to lender, all week long trying to get approved, then yes, it will matter.

That changed a couple years ago when they realized people were being punished basically for trying to be competitive. People with good credit don't have to worry about it, simply because they won't have to shop around to get approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Soocom1 View Post
    booger...
    I think there is a ligitimate point though in one arena.

WHY do they (most companies that do such) pull a credit search? It really does not affect job performance as Mo pointed out in jobs like baker, Grade Setter, Security Guard (unless your dealing with sencitive arenas) et al.

The more fundamental point is that the credit score is bogus anyway. Its an arbatrary number established not by (as pointed out on other threads,) SCIENTIFIC IN ANY WAY.

I point that out because I have had many dealings with banks and especially with Chex Systems (whole differant thread) on something that should have NEVER been "reported" anyway, yet disrupted for many months my ability to function. BUT, the system IS in place and USED by employers only to add to the screening process, yet may have no real bearing on the canidate.
    I've never had an employer run a credit check on me, which is a good thing. I wouldn't give permission for it, anyway. But I have never applied for a job where I am responsible for large quantities of money. That would be a very different situation.

For the record- that is the downside of living in sin or so long. I was a non-married, stay home mom. The baby daddy's income didn't count towards mine, so when I finally went to try to build my credit- everyone declined to give me a card or anything because (and I love this) they said I should already have it.

The one thing that does bother me is that auto insurance can now use your credit score to charge you more money. That is wrong on every level, except the legal one.

[QUOTE=MN_Chick;1064056141]I've never had an employer run a credit check on me, which is a good thing. I wouldn't give permission for it, anyway. But I have never applied for a job where I am responsible for large quantities of money. That would be a very different situation.

For the record- that is the downside of living in sin or so long. I was a non-married, stay home mom. The baby daddy's income didn't count towards mine, so when I finally went to try to build my credit- everyone declined to give me a card or anything because (and I love this) they said I should already have it.

The one thing that does bother me is that auto insurance can now use your credit score to charge you more money. That is wrong on every level, except the legal one.[/QUOTE]

It also doesnt make sense to charge someone more if they are allready struggling financially.......just more pond scum feeding on greed.

Quote Originally Posted by RNT View Post
    I think its prejudicial, judgemental and discriminatory to do so.......but hey so long as you arent being that way to someone do to their race, religion or sex then its just fine and dandy <tongue in cheek>. On a personal note I dont agree with it but it is a private business and they can, imo, discriminate how they see fit.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this.
    Not as smart or as good looking as punch master but I charge 1/4 of what he does & I take coupons

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this.
    Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    Welcome back!

I once applied to a CO called Amada, they make the machines that I work & program, anyways, they check your credit when you apply, why? because to them, if you are financially responsible you might be a responsible worker, didnt get the job & I am glad. few guys who I know that work for the CO are tired of the commutes, you are required to drive to customers locations to work on the machines, the compensation for gas ETC suck.
    Not as smart or as good looking as punch master but I charge 1/4 of what he does & I take coupons

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Chick View Post
    I guess I can see the reason for it in some jobs. If you owe tons of money and are hired to do nothing but work with money... well, that may seem suspect. For positions where people are not dealing directly with money, there is no reason for it at all.

On another note- it is only this woman's word that the credit report is the only reason she was fired. How many people will admit that they were fireed because they suck at their job, didn't show up enough or took too many smoke breaks? As posted priot\r- I'd like to hear both sides of the story.
    Not just that, but if you have a high security position they don't want a person that could possibly be bribed.
    I go through federal, state, local back ground and credit checks periodicly to keep my credentials and my job.
    Mike, proud member of the NCWID!
    USA
    PROUD MEMBER OF OHM RESISTANCE
    AR34 RAM.5 / PSE Bow Madness 32 Extreme sights, WB rests

I once applied to a CO called Amada, they make the machines that I work & program, anyways, they check your credit when you apply, why? because to them, if you are financially responsible you might be a responsible worker, didnt get the job & I am glad. few guys who I know that work for the CO are tired of the commutes, you are required to drive to customers locations to work on the machines, the compensation for gas ETC suck.
    Most job applications have a clause that allows for a credit check and a general background check, permission to contact references and previous employers.

I've known a lot of great workers that had lousy credit so I don't give credit reports much credibility in predicting job performance for most workers.

I was told I didn't have enough debt /credit, established. 0_o...
    I have only ever had one CC, for emergencys. I pay with cash.
    My employer is family, so I'm lucky.
    I think in a job dealing with money, someone's Credit should beChecked.
    Embezzlement happens.
    Not all those who wander are lost.

-Tolkien

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this.
    Good to see you back buddy!!!!!!!!!

A lot of auto insurance companies will raise or lower your insurance according to your credit report...my nephew will tell you this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123